Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who would win in a fight Hulk or Spider-man?

• 74 results
    LMAOROFLCOPTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who would win in a fight Hulk or Spider-man? (110 votes)

Hulk 64%
    Spider-man 36%

I think it is pretty obvious that hulk would win, but I want to hear what kind of strategic tactics Spider-man could pull off so it can be a close match. Spiderman is much faster, therefore dodging most of the attacks, but that would make Hulk angrier and angrier each time. To the point where Hulk could destroy all of the area around him, which will injure Spider-man pretty badly. So, I would like to know how this fight could be a close match.

• 
    young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By young_beamer

it would be a long, hard, fight that would take alot of thought and strategy but eventually spidey would take it

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Spidey traps him in cement

=D

LMAOROFLCOPTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think ive been successfully trolled. For a moment, I thought this was for real.

young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lmaoroflcoptr: his spider sense enables him complete analysis of his environment he could trap him in cement, get him to drown himself, get him electrocuted or anything of that nature.

spideys web when settled on hulk could hold him for 30 secs to a min, and spideys strength surpasses 10 tons easily and is known to get way above that in any needed situations. hulks strong but spiderman has spidey sense and incredible agility, at spideys best hulk couldnt lay a finger on him. pete is also smart he could figure a way to calm banner down. if these two face off spidey could take him down or hold his ground for reinforcements like shield or the avengers.

the list goes on and on hulk could win maybe 1/8 times or in close range open environment, but in a basic cirumstance battle spidey wins!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The Hulk, of course.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hulk, of course.

Could Spidey avoid Hulk all day long? Sure, but that isnt a win. Could Spidey maybe use tech and prep to win? Yeah, id say so. But in a fight, mano y mano, Hulk destroys Spidey and its not even close.

< Spidey is one of my favourite characters (prolly my fave for Marvel), but truth is truth.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would murder him. All of their fights so far have been inconclusive for a reason.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk stomps unless there's ALOT of environmental advantages that favor Spiderman.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would drop another cement truck on him...problem solved

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think peter could out smart him plus he also has superstrength

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like Spider-Man to win, but Hulk's just way too overpowered. In the JMS run, Spider-Man says he has a way to stop the Hulk, but it'd kill Hulk. Since we never got to see that happen, it doesn't count.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Really? People actually think Spider-Man would lose? He's smarter, has close enough strength to finish him off, is more agile, is faster. What does the Hulk have over Parker? NOTHING.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hulk would beat Spider-man with ease, because of his rage, if Hulk never had any rage to increase his physical abilities I'm sure Spider-man would be able to hold him off a little in physical combat. Also Spider-man even said once he has a way to kill the Hulk if he really wanted to.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NICK31898

Well we know Hulk is obviously much stronger. BUT, spiderman is MUCH smarter, and faster. I think it would either coming down to one mistake made by spiderman, causing him to get smashed, or spider-man OUTSMARTING hulk.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By visemoon

LOL, Hulk no doubt wins. Only way The Amazing One has a chance if he has tons load of preptime, but even then Hulk still wins. Hulk 9.5/10. Peter gets half a win due to a blind, fluke luck.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@w0nd said:

Yeah but Electro was betting on him to win at a bar and we all know when Electro bets on someone in a bar he becomes omnipotent!

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULK SMASH BUG-MAN!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk Slaughters, prep or no prep hulk is beyond spider-man.

Except when Electro is betting on him to win in bar!!!!!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992
    angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By angelalfonso

Prep o no prep the chances for spiderman to win against the hulk are slim to none. No matter how much I like spiderman but….. “hullk is the strongest there is”

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I love spidey but he could never beat the hulk unless he got some type of new unheard of hulk stopping gadget

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Outside_85

In a Spiderman book; Spidey would take it through some bizarre scenario (ala cement), PIS (ala Wolverine stabbing him in the head) or Hulk getting bored or distracted by something else (like if Spider-Woman swung by... her pheromones affect him differently).

In any other book, Hulk by a mile.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on! You're talking as if SM has absolutely no chances! After all, Hulk in rage is mindless, Spider-man is genius.

DarkKnight1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It would be like the Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut story arc, The Amazing Spiderman #229-230. Spiderman will try anything he could think of to stop him, but fail. He can keep dodging attacks, but will not be able to really harm him and eventually the Hulk would get a devastating blow in, enraged by Spiderman's attempts. The only way really would be for Spiderman to develop a gamma-related weapon to use against him, maybe revert him back to Bruce Banner? They've thought in the comics on quite a few occasions, so you could look at how those fights ended.

Avatar image for scottydoesknow4
    ScottyDoesKnow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ScottyDoesKnow4

Spiderman would not stand a chance. Ironmans hulk buster barely stopped stop hulk, Thor in the new movie ragnarok loses to hulk in the gladiator battle, and hulk takes pity on him and takes him as a pet. The only character i know of that could take down hulk is superman. To say spidey could beat hulk is to say that spidey could go toe to toe with ironmans hulk buster, beat Thor without his hammer, and could go toe to toe with superman. And the person who said that spidey could trap hulk in his webs and in cement is just absurd lol. Neither of those could slow down hulk even slightly. And spidey is not faster than hulk, remember hulk can jump miles in one leap and can run almost as fast as a jet and can catch a missile. Remember the first hulk movie from the 2000's?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Peter can't win physically, but if he had enough prep he could figure something out for sure (assuming he isn't as stupid as Tony and doesn't try to build some sort of Spider-Hulkbuster - those always fail).

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man gets wrecked.

marvelart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, The Hulk. Because HULK is the most strongest SuperHero on Earth.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Guys, let's not forget that Spider-Man is the man who pummeled Firelord to a bloody pulp, and can punch a man's jaw off with ease. More pertinent to this, he's calmed the Hulk down by telling knock-knock jokes. Sure, the Hulk has unlimited strength, but Peter is faster, more agile, is much smarter, and his spider-sense gives him a clear advantage. Spider-Man either outlasts the Hulk, or calms him down and snaps Banner's neck.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mewmdude77: hulk has better stamina than Spidey, he’s not getting tired before the latter. Also the Firelord fight was a MASSIVE pis.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman would just build a ray gun that stops gamma from helping the hulk then game over.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do this to Peter?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Exactly. He’s already built tech that can manipulate electromagnetic radiation, so it shouldn’t be a stretch for him to build something which draws it out of the Hulk.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Exactly. He’s already built tech that can manipulate electromagnetic radiation, so it shouldn’t be a stretch for him to build something which draws it out of the Hulk.

I also think that Peter can win given enough prep. But just drawing out electromagnetic radiation might not be enough. I can't find the scan, but there was an issue where a machine designed to absorb radiation from the Hulk overloaded. Why? Because Hulk consciously started overloading the machine by outputting too much energy.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By blackspidey2099

@bjparks said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

I also think that Peter can win given enough prep. But just drawing out electromagnetic radiation might not be enough. I can't find the scan, but there was an issue where a machine designed to absorb radiation from the Hulk overloaded. Why? Because Hulk consciously started overloading the machine by outputting too much energy.

Hmm, I didn't know that but that's pretty cool. I guess if worst came to worst, Peter could just teleport him into the Negative Zone or something, though. He could also build a power drainer device like he did in RYV (though to be fair, that wasn't 616 Peter). Or use Parker Particles.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
    MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk has the capacity to one shot Peter on accident. For crying out loud Peter spent an entire panel trying to damage him and messed up his hands.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:

Hmm, I didn't know that but that's pretty cool. I guess if worst came to worst, Peter could just teleport him into the Negative Zone or something, though. He could also build a power drainer device like he did in RYV (though to be fair, that wasn't 616 Peter). Or use Parker Particles.

True. Although I don't like to use Parker Particles, because technically he wasn't the first person in canon to discover them (which annoys me but whatever, it makes sense), and he hasn't used them since.

Hulk has the capacity to one shot Peter on accident. For crying out loud Peter spent an entire panel trying to damage him and messed up his hands.

We're not talking a straight physical fight, we're including tech as well. Depending on the version of Hulk, tech might come into play in both sides, but it's not impossible for Peter to win.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
    MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: What tech or prep feats does Peter have to consistently suggest he's above Banner?

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BJParks

@masterskywalker said:

@bjparks: What tech or prep feats does Peter have to consistently suggest he's above Banner?

For a complete list, I'd suggest giving @blackspidey2099's list a look (I don't agree with the way all the feats are worded, but there are many good ones in there. Everything I'm using is from his list, so all credit to him!)

Spider-Man creates cryo-tech that can freeze any organic material

Spider-Man creates a powerful explosive from dragon waste

Spider-Man creates a thermoreactive foam that stabilizes extreme temperatures

Spider-Man creates technology that can wirelessly hijack nerve cells

Spider-Man creates a plasma breeder that duplicates the conditions of the sun for a few moments

Spider-Man builds a symbiote tracking device without a lab and in a couple of minutes/hours

Spider-Man modifies Wakandan Calculus within a few seconds on the fly

He also created a wave-bending omniharmonic mesh that cancels out optical and sonic waves (that is, light and sound).

Note: I never said Peter is consistently above Banner. I was saying that Peter does have considerable technological feats, and depending on the version of Hulk he's fighting, this could give him the edge he needs to win. Say he's fighting regular ol' Savage Hulk; he might be able to freeze, paralyze, or subdue his way to victory. If, however, he's fighting an intellectually advanced Hulk (like the scarily powerful yet intelligent Doc Green) this edge may be very narrow, zero, or even negative.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: To be fair, while Peter wasn’t the first person to discover the Parker Particles, he was the first person to harness them and figure out how to manipulate them (the only reason it didn’t work the first time was because Tiberius Stone sabotaged the machine).

As for the respect thread, please tell me which feats you feel are worded badly. Most of the thread was uploaded and labelled in a single night, so I might not have done a great job (I also know some of the scans from then are really low quality, since I was going way too quick during that night - I’m planning to replace whichever are low quality, so if you notice anything on that front as well, please let me know). Thanks!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bjparks: I can't see Peter out prepping Banner or Hulk.

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BJParks

@kgb725 said:

@bjparks: I can't see Peter out prepping Banner or Hulk.

Why not? I'm not saying Peter out-preps Banner (or even Hulk) all the time. But Peter has some significant technological feats that could help him beat Hulk, depending on which version of the Hulk it is.

@blackspidey2099 said:

@bjparks: To be fair, while Peter wasn’t the first person to discover the Parker Particles, he was the first person to harness them and figure out how to manipulate them (the only reason it didn’t work the first time was because Tiberius Stone sabotaged the machine).

As for the respect thread, please tell me which feats you feel are worded badly. Most of the thread was uploaded and labelled in a single night, so I might not have done a great job (I also know some of the scans from then are really low quality, since I was going way too quick during that night - I’m planning to replace whichever are low quality, so if you notice anything on that front as well, please let me know). Thanks!

True, it's just he hasn't used them since, so I don't like to use them in battles even though he technically could.

I'll PM you.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kgb725

@bjparks: I think if it comes down to a prep battle Peter loses. His best chance will be bfr

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@bjparks: I think if it comes down to a prep battle Peter loses. His best chance will be bfr

Could you explain why?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well anything peter did would have to work fast for the hulk changes to over come the treat as well. I am no fan of heroes fighting that is always a lame idea but a fast fight to get it out. Peter zaps him with and antigravity ray that would double in intensity every second. Lifting him from the ground. This would take away his ability to do anything he is strength based after all. Then hit him again with a gun that puts him in a bubble and make the bubble that obsorbes air. So he floats in the middle of the bubble with no air and the simply wait. if you wanted you could also drain the gamma. For added effect you could stop time particles from moving in the bubble but as somebody pointed out nothing could movie in and area with time stopped because to stop time is to stop the movement of sub atomic particles in time and that would make it hard as hell to walk breath etc etc

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.