Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who would make a great love interest from Peter Parker/Spiderman

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By darthfury78

Who would you like to see team-up with Spiderman?

Silver Sable
    Ms. Marvel
    Psylocke
    Mystique

This team-up doesn't include The Blackcat. Although, the ladies mentioned would fit is her catagory, as far as a non-committed relationship is concerned, with one major difference: The women are interested in both Peter Parker and Spiderman as one person. In addition, would anyone support all four women to partner up with Spiderman on a rotating basis as an alternative to Felicia Hardy, as far as Spidey love interest is concerned?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Hold on. Love interest or team up? You used one term in the title, another in your opening post.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darthfury78
    @JediXMan:@JediXMan said:

" Hold on. Love interest or team up? You used one term in the title, another in your opening post. "

Both. The four women I have mentioned fall in the Felicia Hardy category as far as costumed partner who is a love interest. Thus, it's a partnership with benefits, just like his relationship with the Blackcat, who doesn't feel sorry that Peter is no longer married to Mary Jane. 
    rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Out of those options, Ms Marvel is a cool team-up with Spidey.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Ms Marvel, I ship the hell out of Pete/Carol.

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ripcurl

Ms. Marvel. Definitely. She's the strongest of the four, and her personality is similar to that of Spiderman. Not to mention the fact that they're both Avengers.
    Mighty Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mighty Max

Ms. Marvel and Spidey have already teamed up in the Ms. Marvel Annual. It was okay, they had a bit of a rocky start though:

No Caption Provided

I don't think she would really be a great love interest for Spiderman though, she's way too serious and Spiderman is way too much of a joker for them to work out. 
    Silver Sable has also teamed up with him before and I think she'd fill the roll you have in mind best, imo.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Out of the options given I'd say Carol, but the options given here aren't great.

Krakoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 215

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Krakoa

It all comes down to the skill of the writer doing this. A good writer can make any of the above relationships seem plausible. 

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
    TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By TerryBogard2014

Mystique has lived for a very long time.trending on the evil side mostly.peter would never trust her

silver sable is a mercenary leader.they'd have more conflicts then lovey dovey moments.although in the 90s spider man cartoon during the six forgotten warriors saga.she was definitely feeling him lol

Psylocke I think spider mans saint attitude would doom the relationship before it even took off 

Ms marvel-the most likely seeing as out of this list shes the one that's spent the most time with spider man.she trusts him. and i believe during the siege arc. when venom had control of carol for a short time.admitted to feelings she had for peter.her being serious and spider man being funny balances it out.plus they both have that strong since of justice.and really the only real negative thing going on with ms marvel was that she was a   Alcoholic which if you consider the crap she went threw.you couldn't really blame her.

why not ad Jessica drew and she hulk to the list of choices?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darthfury78

I wanted to keep the list of women simple. Although I could have added Spiderwoman and She Hulk to the list, I substitute them for Mystique and Psylocke. He hasn't been in any relationships with any mutants that I know of in the comics. Firestar of Spiderman and his amazing friends doesn't count as that was a TV show.

OminousFlare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By OminousFlare

I've seen this before in another forum (CBR); my response is still the same:
     Mystique and Psylocke seem too intense to partner up with a spirited sprightly Spider-Man. Sable always occurred to me as a milf. So it's down to Marvel. 

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By darthfury78

Now that Silver has confirmed her feelings for Spidey, what do you guys think about that?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jhazzroucher

Psylocke and Spider-man would be an awesome pair.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Billy Batson

JOHNNY STORM
    BB

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By mewmdude77

My list for Spidey love interests:

Ms. Marvel

Silver Sable

Human Torch (cause I said so.)

Spider-Woman

Psylocke

She-Hulk

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darthfury78

I think that he recently kicked Human Torch out of his apartment.

BreZeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By BreZeJ

@darthfury78: Actually I wanted to see more of it, because I actually like that pairing a lot better than the other women in his life (that includes Mary Jane). I actually can see that working out. Just don't let it overshadow who the characters are. The relationship could work a lot better than the one he had with Black Cat.

I like the match up with Ms. Marvel, but the problem is that she can take out a lot of Spider-Man's enemies without a lot of problems.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darthfury78

Oh I'll never not be reading the book but I just get sick of some folks talking in absolutes all the time and all the bickering over this, that and the other thing. [B]I long for the days when people read cartoon books for fun instead of reading cartoon books to be mad about cartoon books. As far as I'm concerned Slott and company have been putting out the best stories I've read consistently since the Stern era, I wouldn't miss a page of this mag right now[/B].

I have to say that Dan(The Man) Slott is one of the most gifted writers around. He has add some interesting twists and turns for Spider-Man of which no other writer has done in the past. With regards to Spidey being in a romantic relationship with a super heroine, I really don't blame him for not going in that direction because it's not the most important thing that most folks care about when it comes to reading ASM. In addition, why would a writer put Spidey in a relationship(other than Mary Jane) if the readers know that it's not going to last? As for the dating aspect of that, if Dan doesn't want to go there, that's cool. Different writers tend to do different stories when it comes to Spider-Man. However, I feel that dating a super heroine is the only way that Peter will get to the ones who are interested in him. He's already gone on a few dates with Carol in the background. I am sure that the others might want that opportunity to get to know Peter Parker as well.

One of the reasons why I created my list of heroines who are interested in Spider-Man is because we all know that:

Ms. Marvel

Silver Sable

Spider-Woman

Black Widow

She-Hulk

Psylocke

Are not likely to settle down with Peter Parker to start a family with him. Does anyone think that any of the women mentioned is going to want to settle down and have a family with Peter Parker? This was one of the reasons that The Black Cat bailed out on him the first time around. In addition. I will assume that the heroines mentioned do not have a secret identity to protect whereas Spider-Man does. If Peter was in a serious romantic relationship with any of the women mentioned, it wouldn't take long for the heroines respective enemies to know that Spider-Man is Peter Parker. This is why Spider-Man's mutual relationship with a heroine will not go pass the close friends level. At least, that how I see it. I do see any one of them as alternates to The Black Cat as Spidey's potential crime fight partner on occasion.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By Strider1992

It still seems as though they might be pushing the Ms Marvel boat due to him teaming up with her in the upcoming Avenging Spider-man 9 so lets see what comes of that.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By Shadowsnake89

@darthfury78: When did this happen? Also do you have scans?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#23  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

MS.Marvel

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darthfury78

@darthfury78: When did this happen? Also do you have scans?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.