Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who should play as rhino,electro and green goblin in TASM 2

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

besides jamie fox and paul giamatti who do you think who should play electro and the rhino?

here are my choices:

Ralph Fiennes as Green Goblin

Michael C Hall as Electro

Stephen Lang as Rhino

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

bump

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By JimTheSurfer

I still don't get why a black dude plays Electro. No racism intended just... Why the intercourse?

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Havenless

@JimTheSurfer: Because he's a good actor?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@JimTheSurfer said:

I still don't get why a black dude plays Electro. No racism intended just... Why the intercourse?

Is intercourse the word you meant to use?

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xblah_blahx

Yea, I'm not a fan of race swapping. Knowing Marvel they will probably kill off Max Dillon and replace him with someone black in the comics :-/

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@Havenless said:

Yeah, but in comics Electro was white... And there are a lot of good actors. Like Jackie Chan for example (jk).

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SoA

i did not know ralph fiennes was balding

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Havenless

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

Yeah, but in comics Electro was white... And there are a lot of good actors. Like Jackie Chan for example (jk).

But saying he has to be white IS racism. Movie are adaptations. Acting ability is far more important than gender, skin color, or language spoken.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@Havenless said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

But saying he has to be white IS racism. Movie are adaptations. Acting ability is far more important than gender, skin color, or language spoken.

So he might as well be she, as long as she acts good? And if Peter Parker would be played by asian?

It just feels a little strange. I would feel the same way if in comics he would be black, but in movie white...

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

Is intercourse the word you meant to use?

Yeah. I used it, didn't I?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@JimTheSurfer:O.K. Just didn't think that word worked in the sentence.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Havenless

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

So he might as well be she, as long as she acts good? And if Peter Parker would be played by asian?

It just feels a little strange. I would feel the same way if in comics he would be black, but in movie white...

Comic fans may find it blasfemy, but a great movie that ignores the comics is much better than a so-so one that's spot on.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@Havenless said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

Comic fans may find it blasfemy, but a great movie that ignores the comics is much better than a so-so one that's spot on.

Maybe for casual viewers, but not for me...

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@JimTheSurfer:O.K. Just didn't think that word worked in the sentence.

I'm not exactly sure, but in TBBT Sheldon used word "Intercourse" to describe having sex. So I thought "Why the intercourse" is basically the same as "Why the f*ck".

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Havenless

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

Heimdall was black in Thor, Bane had a freaking Predator mask on in TDKR and seemed to be British, Ra's Al Ghul ended up being Irish in BB, Batman 1989 Harvey Dent was Black, and Man of Steel Perry White is Black.

But in your opinion, all these movies pale in comparison to the great Fantastic Four movie, because they generally got all of the races/nationalities right?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

@Havenless: My only problem with the race swapping arguments is that when a traditionally white character is played by someone of a different race people are automatically called racist if they don't like it while if say a black character is played by a white guy everyone would flip out and call the film makers racist.

I personally don't care about the race of an actor as long as he does a good job but really the whole race change argument has to apply to all races or it doesn't apply to any.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@Havenless said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@Havenless said:

Heimdall was black in Thor, Bane had a freaking Predator mask on in TDKR and seemed to be British, Ra's Al Ghul ended up being Irish in BB, Batman 1989 Harvey Dent was Black, and Man of Steel Perry White is Black.

But in your opinion, all these movies pale in comparison to the great Fantastic Four movie, because they generally got all of the races/nationalities right?

Yeah, that way exactly.

Ok, just kidding. I haven't read too much of Thor or Batman so it didn't bothered me. But probably Electro inaccuracies won't bother me too. After all - I was fine with Kirsten Dunst as MJ.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Ninjablade09

@JimTheSurfer said:

I'm not exactly sure, but in TBBT Sheldon used word "Intercourse" to describe having sex. So I thought "Why the intercourse" is basically the same as "Why the f*ck".

Ha that's the funniest thing I've heard this month.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#20  Edited By Teerack

They already have two fantastic actors for Rhino and Electro.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

@Teerack: I'm skeptical about Giamatti as Rhino. Don't get me wrong the dude is a good actor and all but he just doesn't seem like a good choice for Rhino. Lets face it Paul is a short pudgy guy while Rhino needs to be huge and muscle bound.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#22  Edited By Teerack

@joshmightbe: There has been a lot of alternate versions of Rhino where he started out as a small dude and got stuck in a big huge Rhino suit, so I think it works to have Rhino start out little.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By consolemaster001

electro=Jim carrey

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.