Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who's your favorite Spider ?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since Miles is coming to the 616 universe in some way shape or format again. Who is your favorite spiderman or woman Silk , Peter , miles , Kaine ,etc. ?

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miguel.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@zaied said:

Miguel.

With Kaine being second.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SilverPool

Kane in a murder stomp

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Kaine. But, I will always have a soft spot for the Peter. (+)

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben.

I'll never let you go, Ben!

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original, the best and only true Amazing Spider-Man..............Peter Parker.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Peter Parker

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Cloakx14

peter, Miles.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

miguel o'hara

kaine

ezekiel (i like older versions of heroes)

miles

otto

parker (sue me. )

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Aside from Peter Parker? I'd probably have to say Ben Reily. Although at this rate my answer will be, Gwen Stacy, by the end of the year.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kgb725

@soa: Can Ezekiel really be considered a hero ?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: okay , i like older versions of comic characters, ik he isnt future peter but i lump him with old man logan and the maestro

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
    AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the moment it's Miles primarily because of how outstanding his book has been. Until Marvel finds a writer that can actually make me like Peter again, I mean seriously-- Slott made Otto a better Spider-Man than Peter... My big three as of right now are Miles, Mayday, and Miguel. I've never read Scarlet Spider, so I don't know all too much about Kaine but I know he's a fan favorite.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter

Forever

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By blackspidey2099

Miguel, Ock, Kaine, Peter.

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Favorites

1.Ben Reilly

What's not to love about Ben? Greatest costumes, impact webbing, and stingers made him a force to be reckoned with. Of course those are just cosmetic, what I really like most about Ben is his personality. He is similar to classic Peter Parker but he had this really inspiring optimism that I really enjoy. Unlike modern Peter, he was doing the Spider-Man thing and enjoyed doing it. Being Spider-Man has given a lot and taken a lot away, but as time went on Peter seemed to dwell more and more on what was taken away. Ben was inspiring because of his rough time living on the streets and being able to hold on to that classic Spidey "never say die " attitude and saw the good in people. The event that really defined Ben for me was when he saved Kaine, even though Kaine had been relentless hunting him. He also stands as a reminder of how Peter used to grow and was about to become a father to tackle a new responsibility.I still think Ben would have been a worthy successor, it worked for Wally West and Barry Allen why not for Peter and Ben? Also, Clone Saga is my favorite saga, so that helps.

2. Miguel O'Hara

Oh, boy where do we begin? Spider-Man 2099 had no business being as good as it was, but under the masterful pen of Peter David it became my favorite alternate Spider-Man series. His costume is just so cool, you get a Spider-Man vibe from it, but it doesn't seem like it's trying to be. (I'm probably in the minority but I like the web cape) That's really what I like about Miguel, he's not Peter Parker and from the way he interacts with the world around him, you're reminded just how much he isn't Peter Parker. He's still heroic, but he's a completely different character from Peter Parker with his own identity that I found incredibly interesting. He's not the kind of guy who takes crap from people, and it keeps him unpredictable. It would have been too easy to make him just Peter in the future, but PD didn't and I'm so glad that he didn't, Miguel is a fresh take on the Spider-mythos and will always be one of my favorite Spiders.

3. Kaine

I'm a huge sucker for redemption stories and Kaine's story is a fascinating one. Starting off as a Spider-Man villain I didn't think too much of, I probably wouldn't have assumed Kaine would be one of my top 3. I heard some good things about his solo series, so I read Grim Hunt and Spider Island, and then I went in to the story. The costume is really nice, especially since the Big Time suit is one of the few things I like that came out of Slott's writing. I really liked the whole "reluctant superhero" thing Kaine had going for him. Deep down he's a good person, but he's the only one who doesn't believe it. He's got the opposite of Peter's problem. Peter wants to do good, and people don't trust him, Kaine doesn't want to do good, does it, and he's the only one who thinks he's a monster. His supporting cast was phenomenal, and I liked the Dynamic he and Aracely had, his negative attitude and her endless enthusiasm. It's a shame he didn't get a longer run, I wanted Yost to get a chance to reach deeper into the arcs he had planned. Kaine's got a lot of interesting stories to tell, and I really want to read them.

4. Miles Morales

I really like Miles' costume, pays homage to the original but different enough so Miles doesn't feel like a Parker clone(not that there's anything wrong with clones). I feel the strength of the new Ultimate Spider-Man comics is how character driven it is. The most interesting parts aren't when Miles is in costume, it's when he's dealing with his new changed life and interacting with other characters. The stories feel similar to Peter's but still manage to be fresh, Bendis did a good job writing a teenage Peter and it's certainly working with Miles. He's a solid Spider to have, my only concern now is that the Ultimate verse is ending what will happen to Miles. If he's shipped to the main universe, I hope he won't just fade into obscurity, as he's got his own interesting stories to tell, and Bendis works best when left to his own story lines.

4. May "Mayday" Parker

Yes, I'm aware she's also ranked 4. I can't really decide between her and Miles for spot number four. It's cool how her costume was from her own "Uncle Ben" since it was the best Spider costume. Her having her family involved with her Spider life made for a nice change of pace. I thought it was best when Aunt May knew and supported Peter's Spider-Manning, JMS Spider-Man, so it's nice that they cut to the point and had her parents support her. I also liked how optimistic the whole MC2 was, nice contrast to the ever darkening main universe. In 616 they're rejecting the old comics mocking them and being generally more depressing as a rule, but that element of hope is still very much alive in the MC2 which can get dark but you never lose that feeling of hope. Of course, I'm a bit cross that Dan Slott came in just to make a mess in DeFalco's playground all over the floor for his pointless and lack luster Spider-Verse. I'm not against killing characters, just killing them without a reason. Also the whole "you're Now Spider-Woman! Wear your Dad's old suit!" left a bad taste in my mouth since it diminishes Mayday as a character. May made the decision to call herself Spider-Girl(she thought Spider-Woman made her sound old enough to be someone's mom) , and was making her own identity. Now she's just going to look like a gender flipped Peter, why they'd want that? I don't even know. Even though Slott has muddled around with the Spider-Girl mythos, I have faith in DeFalco for his new Spider-Girl ongoing, hopefully he finds a way to repair the damage. If he goes with a "it was a clone who replaced Peter for a day" well that would be okay by me. Went on a bit of a rant there, but Mayday is great. She represents how Spider-Man left an impact on the Marvel universe and was a role model for this heroine.

Peter Parker will always be my absolute favorite Spider.

But the Peter Parker currently appearing in Slott's comics is probably my least favorite Spider. Even worse than Doppelganger, and Spidercide.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slade_wilson

Ben Reilly

Hands down, no contest

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gunswordfist_

Peter Parker (Noir). Seriously.

Edit: In order:

1. Noir Parker

2. 616 Parker

3. Ultimate Parker

4. Miguel O'Hara

last_angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One and only one....Amazing Spiderman !!

Enrique90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

peter parker

kaine

noir

how many guys have been spidey though???

peter parker

miguel ohara

ben reilly

miles morales

otto octavius

bruce banner

william braddock

flash thompson

max bourne

brian kornfield

kwaku anansi

paviitr prabhakar

izumi

jessica drew

betty brant

julia carpenter

gwen stacy

may parker

petra parker

can anyone add more to the list of spider-men/women?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this guy

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for sensationalspiderman
    SensationalSpiderMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter
    Miguel
    Ben/Kaine (It's a tie, really)

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original, the best and only true Amazing Spider-Man..............Peter Parker.

No Caption Provided

That's right.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.