Who knows Spider-man's Idenity?

#1 Posted by saoakden (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

I know ever since Spider-man revealed his idenity to the world in Civil Wars, his idenity became and public but that changed in One More Day and One Moment in Time stories. Here's what I want to know. Has Spider-Man told anyone his idenity since those stories happen?

Also, I was recenlty reading Spider-Island and I kept wondering, Does Aunt May know who Spider-Man really is? Seriously I'm confused? Can anyone answer the question?

#2 Posted by War Killer (19972 posts) - - Show Bio

He revealed his identity in New Avengers to the team shortly after Secret Invasion. Mary Jane still knows and I believe Carlie Cooper knows now as well following Spider-Island. The Fantastic Four know as also.

#3 Posted by saoakden (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Carlie Cooper does know. She figured it out in ASM 673. She breaks up with Peter because of it. He did reveal his idenity to the New Avengers? Which issue was that?

#4 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Carlie, MJ, and some other teams that he has been on.

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

MJ, the New Avengers roster from Dark Reign, the FF, and Carlie.

#6 Posted by War Killer (19972 posts) - - Show Bio
@saoakden said:

@War Killer: Carlie Cooper does know. She figured it out in ASM 673. She breaks up with Peter because of it. He did reveal his idenity to the New Avengers? Which issue was that?

Think it was New Avengers #51, but I'm not exactly sure as I don't have the issue right in front of me, but I do believe it was during the New Sorcerer Supreme storyline. He did it because with what had happened during the Secret Invasion and not being able to trust people the team decided it was best if they knew who each other were, so he revealed he was Peter Parker despite not feeling comfortable about it, which surprised Jessica Jones as she had a crush on Peter back in high school.
#7 Posted by saoakden (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: I really got to catch up on my New Avengers comics. I only read the first ten issues of the first New Avengers and the first story arc of the 2nd series. I'll be sure to buy the trade or hardcover that has issue 51.

#8 Posted by War Killer (19972 posts) - - Show Bio

He did also try to tell Tony Stark early on in Fraction's Invincible Iron Man run, I believe in issue #7, where Iron Man and Spidey team-up and Peter uses a picture he takes of Tony at the end as a way of letting him put together that Spider-Man and Peter Parker are one in the same. But seeing as his mind was erased during the whole most wanted arc, I'm not sure he even remembers that now. =/

#9 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

#10 Posted by nickzambuto (12919 posts) - - Show Bio

I do.

#11 Posted by saoakden (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: I read that issue at first I was like "Wait he knew back in New...", then I remebered that the series began after One More Day, then I said, "Oh right that damn One More Day story." I think Tony looked up what he forgot in the books during either the Stark Disassembled or Stark Resilent, I'm not sure though.

I think in ASM 600 Spider-Man try revealing his idenity to Daredevil again but refused. I don't know if Daredevil knows now or what.

#12 Posted by War Killer (19972 posts) - - Show Bio
@saoakden: Well seeing as with what happened in Spider-Island and Peter's identity not being protected anymore (or whatever Doctor Strange did) I wouldn't be surprised if certain heroes who previously knew his identity figured it out again. I mean, I don't think since One Day he's re-revealed it to Captain America, but I don't see why he wouldn't trust Cap of all people.
#13 Posted by saoakden (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Cap is a good guy, maybe Spider-Man is nervous or something. I'm wondering if Aunt May knows.

#14 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Yep this. Also Dr Strange, Kaine, The Jackal and I think the Venom symbiote might still know but just isn't telling.

#15 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Yep this. Also Dr Strange, Kaine, The Jackal and I think the Venom symbiote might still know but just isn't telling.

dick

#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@Strider92 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

dick

vagina

#17 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: this is not the 'first thing to come to mind' game.

#18 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the symbiote knows but can't tell its host because of Dr. Strange's spell?

#19 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@saoakden: Deadpool knows. *Micheal Caine voice* not a lot of people know that, but i do.

#20 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Since spider-island when he reveled he had spider powers Dr Stranges spell was broken and now anyone can work it out where as before he had to unmask in front of them. PS I think every one has been mentioned, Most of Avengers, FF, MJ, Carlie, and the some of the Spider Family i.e Madam web

#21 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

As i said, these guys above, and Deadpool because when everyone's mind was erased of Spidey's identity Deadpool was immune due to his weird head.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.