Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

who is your spiderman Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
    deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

lol seriously i like andrew better. But Tobey sometimes was so funny as spiderman. ^^

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Andrew Garfield, he has the attitude, the jokes, the looks and the personality of Peter. And he acts a lot better

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayvers said:

Tobey Maguire hands down. Andrew Garfield is the WORST representation of the character anywhere, ever. He is NOT Spidey and he is NOT Peter Parker no matter how much he looks like Ditko drew him. He is one of THE main reasons why these new films are so bad.

I, for one ,disagree with you vehemently. I think Garfield played Spidey amazingly (get it?) well. He has the build, the quips are delivered well, and fits the part quite well. Maguire's Peter Parker was a bit nerdier but Webb went for the outcast, which fits the Parker character in a modern setting and Garfield played that well. I personally think Garfield played the better Spider-man.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By Ascended

@darkhunter89: You keep posting the same images that were suppose to be memes, yet you think posting that is going to help you change people's opinions about Tobey. Cause that's when he cried when his Uncle died, is there something wrong with that?

@ottooctavius: I disagree about the build, but I do think that Tobey's PP/SM were horribly written.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tobey McGuire obviously because the Sam rami spiderman movies were part of my childhood

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
    deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@darkhunter89: You keep posting the same images that were suppose to be memes, yet you think posting that is going to help you change people's opinions about Tobey. Cause that's when he cried when his Uncle died, is there something wrong with that?

No nothing is wrong with that. But he looks funny when he cries.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really like either tbh

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks half of Maguire votes are based on nostalgia and half of Garfield votes are based on the fact Maguire Spiderman was unfunny as hell and funny in the wrong way.

To be honest i like more Garfield, i never got into Maguire, mostly because he cant act.

Garfield problem is that he is always Spiderman in his movies.

Lazy Peter Parker good Spiderman.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks half of Maguire votes are based on nostalgia and half of Garfield votes are based on the fact Maguire Spiderman was unfunny as hell and funny in the wrong way.

To be honest i like more Garfield, i never got into Maguire, mostly because he cant act.

Garfield problem is that he is always Spiderman in his movies.

Lazy Peter Parker good Spiderman.

Neither of them are that great of an actor.

majinn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By majinn3

I would say that both actors are good for the spidermen they were depicting. Tobey's spiderman was more of a Stan Lee/ Ditko era spiderman with some old school cheese and campiness. While Andrew's is somewhat more like the Ultimate spiderman.

However as Peter Parker I couldn't take Garfeild seriously AT ALL. He looked and acted like the standard cool, rebellious, skaterboy with the wild hair and quips. There was nothing remotely nerdy about him. In real life Andrew's character would at the very least be reasonably well liked if not popular in highschool. This is far from the social outcast that Peter was in the comics.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By Lateralus

There is only one correct answer here....

No Caption Provided

kevvygomez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By kevvygomez
    No Caption Provided

I think Overall, Andrew stole the show. We have to come to realization that peter Parker (Modern Peter Parker) is a Pretty boy in the comics too. Tobey maguire was a....Ight Spider-man and a Awesome peter Parker. Obviously, People are still stuck on nostalgia memories up there asses. Lol. Peter Parker even in the classic comics after he got his powers was LESS socially awkward after he got his powers and had his self confidence, Which is what I love about Peter. In the Rebooted serious, Peter Shows his intellect by Building his web shooters. That Was my favorite part of the movie is when He did that. It was cool as hell, and showed How smart he was. I like the way How they Showed a back story of why Peters parents left him when He was young, Obviously taking that from the Ultimate story line. Half the people that are Tobey fans probably never ever read a spider-man comic in their lives (most of them who I came a cross to never have) and when they said they have, They bring out the classic comic BS ( I read the classic comics too, And He was nerdy but afterwards, He showed more confidence in himself) And I like the fact that spider-man in the new movies has His wise cracking humor Instead of being so serious all the damn time. Honestly, I just like Andrew better than Tobey.

TheGrandSage23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinn3: in what was Tobey more nerdy than Garfield? He may have looked like one(that's a dumb statement because anyone can be a nerd and not look like the stereotype people picture) He was a dude in glasses that got his butt kicked.. Garfield's portrayal was more intelligent his mannerisms were awkward and nerdy at points.. His shyness was there as well.. Seeing him interact with Connors is like how I would imagine him to be like

Garfield>Tobey

Raimi's movies were great inspite of Tobey

Andrew is one of the few good things about Webb's and gets massive praise for it.. TASM 1 was good.. TASM 2 failed to put a story together

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Tobey was great as Spider-man, and Andrew's Spider-man is a punk. I can't wait for a soft reboot.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#369  Edited By Spideysense44

Neither but ig I'm gonna go with Garfield bc I hate Toby

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

tobey. garfield's a douchebag stalker.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andrew Garfield easily.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.