who is your spiderman Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield

#1 Posted by cameronstear (68 posts) - - Show Bio

who is your favourite spiderman Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield tell me in the comments

#2 Posted by tupiaz (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield as Spidey. Tobey Maguire as PP. Overall Tobey Maguire. Mostly because of the script making PP stand on a skateboard. Most idiotic movie.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92476 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield, no question.

#4 Posted by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Maguire was boring and too melodramatic. Garfield was cool IMO. TASM ftw

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7201 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield, easily.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield.

#7 Posted by PunyParker (8938 posts) - - Show Bio

My Spider-Man?.....Peter Parker..!

#8 Posted by LastOblivion (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield, without a doubt.

#9 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield was the best! Though, I do dislike all the skateboarding going on, but it is nowhere near as bad as what the original Spider-Man movies devolved into.

#10 Posted by TheCannon (17895 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

Andrew Garfield as Spidey. Tobey Maguire as PP. Overall Tobey Maguire. Mostly because of the script making PP stand on a skateboard. Most idiotic movie.

This. The movie was horrible and Andrew was a horrible Peter.

#11 Posted by tupiaz (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26 said:

PP is melodramatic.

People really seems to forget what the old Spider-Man movie did. A long with X-men it got Superhero movies on the landscape. You actually nail the problem with Garfield he was cool. PP wasn't cool in high school/college. He was a dork, a bookworm, that could not defend himself and got beaten (or rather choose this role to keep his secret). Not a cool guy standing on a skateboard. being athletic. Skateboarding is maybe an outcast thing in the states (some have told me that even though it is popular with events video games ect.) Anyway skateboarding is a much more a choose to be rebellious. PP is so far from this having problem leaving Aunt May for a date with a girl or go out and have fun instead of studying all the time. PP is a mamas...sorry aunts boy.

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (35068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Garfield, no question.

Tobey Maguire

#13 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Garfield, no question.

@Target_X said:

Garfield was the best! Though, I do dislike all the skateboarding going on, but it is nowhere near as bad as what the original Spider-Man movies devolved into.

@LastOblivion said:

Garfield, without a doubt.

@PunyParker said:

#14 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Toby in spider man 3.he was amazing

#15 Posted by DaltonioSpidey94 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield, no contest.

#16 Posted by BumpyBoo (7646 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@MyronLee26 said:

PP is melodramatic.

People really seems to forget what the old Spider-Man movie did. A long with X-men it got Superhero movies on the landscape. You actually nail the problem with Garfield he was cool. PP wasn't cool in high school/college. He was a dork, a bookworm, that could not defend himself and got beaten (or rather choose this role to keep his secret). Not a cool guy standing on a skateboard. being athletic. Skateboarding is maybe an outcast thing in the states (some have told me that even though it is popular with events video games ect.) Anyway skateboarding is a much more a choose to be rebellious. PP is so far from this having problem leaving Aunt May for a date with a girl or go out and have fun instead of studying all the time. PP is a mamas...sorry aunts boy.

So right. And this is why I have to go with Maguire. Hated the new one.

#17 Edited by PunyParker (8938 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.....i just did that!

#18 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

tobey mcguire.

andrew garfield sucks and its for little kids who don't know what they're missing.

#19 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

lol. we don't even see garfield's face when he is spidey. haha.

#20 Posted by cosmicx (102 posts) - - Show Bio

tobey all day........

#21 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of the movies capture what spider-man is, but I had chose, I would Andy. A spider-man that doesn't quip isn't spider-man.

#22 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I did not care for either of them to be honest but I liked garfield more.

#23 Posted by sinestro_GL (3050 posts) - - Show Bio

err...none of the above?

#24 Posted by tupiaz (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@tupiaz said:

Well he still acted the scene with weakness for knifes was pretty good old school funny Spidey. The rest of the credit can be given to the stunt man.

#25 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@sethysquare said:

@tupiaz said:

Well he still acted the scene with weakness for knifes was pretty good old school funny Spidey. The rest of the credit can be given to the stunt man.

lol thats like 1 scene. couldnt care less about garfield anyways.

#26 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield is a far better peter/spidey (looked the part far better than maquire.)

#27 Edited by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh Keaton.

#28 Posted by mariioow (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: Yeah he voiced Spectacular Spider-Man, so I don't think he has any competition around.

#29 Posted by spidey1fan (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

This no actor has been able to nail down spider man and peter parker. Garfield was a better spider man but a horrible peter parker as Toby was a better peter parker but could of been a better spider man.

#30 Posted by InfinityAce (110 posts) - - Show Bio

*cough andrew cough* Seriously acting wise Andrew had it. People are complaining about the the skateboard which is a retarded thing to blame Andrew for. The script made him do that's not his fault. can't wait to see the second movie.

#31 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred Molina.

#32 Posted by Joygirl (18463 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield was the superior Spider-Man (see what I did there?).

#33 Posted by tupiaz (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@tupiaz said:

@sethysquare said:

@tupiaz said:

lol thats like 1 scene. couldnt care less about garfield anyways.

That was an example of how he was a better Spidey. However some of this is also due to the script.

#34 Posted by Tohoma (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
Drake Bell
#35 Posted by PaperDemon (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

Exactly.

#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@tupiaz said:

@MyronLee26 said:

PP is melodramatic.

So right. And this is why I have to go with Maguire. Hated the new one.

Yup completely agree

#37 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@gridde said:

Alfred Molina.

@Joygirl said:

Garfield was the superior Spider-Man (see what I did there?).

LOL

#38 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield

#39 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

both were about as funny as ebola

#40 Posted by KDowah (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield. Tobey was much too goofy. That and his face makes me giggle.

#41 Edited by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon Peter Parker will always, you know, be my Peter Parker, but if I had to chose between those 2, I would pick Garfield I guess, Toby was a bit..... ya, goofy! ^^^^^^ But I guess that Garfield was way too cool to be PP, so it's really hard to say..............

#42 Posted by mariioow (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Earth616 said:

Cartoon Peter Parker will always, you know, be my Peter Parker, but if I had to chose between those 2, I would pick Garfield I guess, Toby was a bit..... ya, goofy! ^^^^^^ But I guess that Garfield was way too cool to be PP, so it's really hard to say..............

I hope by cartoon Peter you're not counting Ultimate, and if you're not that's pretty much my opinion too.

#43 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Both of them sucked in different ways, but Andrew Garfield's wise ass, unfunny skateboarding Spidey was worse. So by process of elimination, Tobey.

#44 Posted by Sissel (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

@Uncanny_Doom: But isn't Peter wise ass in the first place?

#45 Posted by PowerHerc (81566 posts) - - Show Bio

Tobey.

Garfield doesn't come off very likable as Peter or Spidey.

#46 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sissel: He shouldn't have already had a fully developed smart-ass personality at the beginning of the movie if you ask me. Garfield's Parker was the same character before and after having powers, that's one of many things that didn't sit right with me. He's a rebellious teenager that already stands up to bullies and his only problem seems to be talking to girls. By the end of the movie the only difference is he's a lot less whiny and has a girlfriend.

#47 Posted by chalkshark (1182 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicholas Hammond.

#48 Posted by heroesgold (607 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@MyronLee26 said:

PP is melodramatic.

#49 Posted by 2ndKentucky (23 posts) - - Show Bio

It has to be Tobey McGuire. He was perfect as Peter Parker. Garfield just seemed like a punk that needed to be smacked around a bit.

#50 Posted by sammystorm75 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

AG as Spidey

TM as PP

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.