Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who is the Superior Spider-Man?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

So at Comic Con New York it is confirmed that the Superior Spider-Man will NOT be Peter Parker. What ever that means for Peter Parker has yet to be revealed. This thread is just for talking about who you think the new Spider-Man is.

Now after the way Spider-Men ended I was really sure it was going to be Miles Morales, but at comic con they said that they have no plans for following up the ending of Spider-Men for now.

This cover shows the lower face of the new Spider-man

Now you can see his skin color is about the same color as MJ's, so I think it's safe to assume it's not Miles at this point.

The next thought I had was is this Ben Riley? but then I took a closer look at this image.

Now what really blew my mind about this image was these two details.

There are talons on his fingers and toes.

Now they also confirmed at New York Comic Con that the new Spider-Man is someone with "major Spider-Man chops" and "has appeared in Spider-Man comics before"

So my theory on who the new Spider-Man will be is.....

Miguel O'Hara(Spider-Man 2099)

Why do I think this? Because all fan's for Spider-Man 2099 know the way Miguel is able to wall crawl is by using talons in his toes and finger tips. He is the only Spider-man to display this characteristic, so I believe it will be him. The new suit also has new eye pieces, and Miguel has extra sensitive eyes so it makes sense for him to have extra protection on the eyes. And before anyone say's it's not likely that he'd travel back in time just think about the fact that the X-Men will be traveling to the future soon in All New X-Men.

So what do you guys think? Who do you think will be the Superior Spider-man?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Well, they did say they'll bring Spider-Man 2099 back at the panel... 

My vote is Kraven.  Why?  Because I'm an unrealistic fanboy.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@k4tzm4n said:

My vote is Kraven. Why? Because I'm an unrealistic fanboy.

You know when they said someone new was going to be under the mask the first thing that sprang to mind was that picture of Kraven hanging upside down dressed in the black suit during "Kraven's Last Hunt" lol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

still maintains that Marvel saying that the Superior Spider is not Peter Parker is just a play on words. It might be Peter Parker but that something will happen to him in 699 or 700 that makes him snap and lose his moral compass, becoming a character which is completely unlike the Peter Parker we know and love. I agree with him to be honest.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lvenger

But if it's not Peter my best guess is that it's either Ben or Miguel.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: Yeah I ain't budging on that. Espeically after Dan Slott has said that we have "misquoted him" and that "we are only annoyed with whats been leaked not what is actually happening". Its Peter with a new attitude or maybe even amnesia given to him by Dr Ock.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself
    KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By KnightRise

@danhimself: flagged?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

@KnightRise: I did

DinoBotLog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DinoBotLog1

I'm kind of stumped on it. I mean, who could ever replace Peter Parker as Spider-Man? It would make you think the Mainstream Continuity would be messed up without him and you would pretty much wanna see him as Spider-Man in Marvel NOW.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger said:

But if it's not Peter my best guess is that it's either Ben or Miguel.

Could be. But we are also forgetting the most feral and spider-like Spider-person of them all!

What if it is a cured Doppelganger? He's got the claws! Heck he's even got the same feet:

If somehow Doppelganger was made more human it wouldn't surprise me if he had abilities like the Superior Spider-man. He already uses claws to get around. Slott said he would be creepy and I can't think of anything creepier than a Spider-Creature turned human as it would still think like a Spider. Seriously a Spider-man without human emotion would be creepy as hell lol! He also definitely has Spider-man pedigree. If he was somehow humanized his mind is still a little warped (what with him not being human and all) heck Carnage treated him like a dog. If Pete were to loses his powers he could train Doppel to be more like him hence the reason Peter would still be in the series trying to make sure Doppel understands human emotion and keeping him on the right track.

So Pete could be the brains behind Superior Spider-man and Doppelganger the brawn. Peter working at horizon and keeping his double in check (stopping him actually slaughtering his enemies) and the humanized Doppelganger taking out the bad guys.

Again this is just me toying around with stuff I still believe its Peter under the mask. Just not our Peter.

iancoderre3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iancoderre3

@Teerack: I'd rather have it be him than anyone else. The costume looks pretty evil (even though the guy beneath the mask is good) and it would make sense to have it be Miguel. I just hope Peter doesn't die, I will read the new Superior Spider-Man as long MARVEL does NOT kill off Peter Parker. ANd this new spider-man better be able to beat Thanos and Galactus by himself or something to be considered "Superior" The Amazing Spider-Man is wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more superior. After everything Peter has accomplished, I doubt this guy will measure up to it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92: Interesting theory. Anything goes at the moment till we get some more conclusive info. You think Marvel will leak the news like they usually do?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By PunyParker

@iancoderre3 said:

@Teerack: I'd rather have it be him than anyone else. The costume looks pretty evil (even though the guy beneath the mask is good) and it would make sense to have it be Miguel. I just hope Peter doesn't die, I will read the new Superior Spider-Man as long MARVEL does NOT kill off Peter Parker. ANd this new spider-man better be able to beat Thanos and Galactus by himself or something to be considered "Superior" The Amazing Spider-Man is wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more superior. After everything Peter has accomplished, I doubt this guy will measure up to it.

"What he said..."

I would like a Superior Spiderman but still Pete...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Strider1992

@Lvenger: Well considering Slott has said to stay off the internet a week or two before 700 I guess something might get leaked. I still firmly believe its Peter until proven otherwise.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lvenger

@Strider92:Damn I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist the temptation. I come on here almost every day and this place does tend to publish the spoiler news often enough.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Onemoreposter

I say it's Miles Morales. Who says Miles has to be black in 616?

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mpierce2690

@Onemoreposter said:

I say it's Miles Morales. Who says Miles has to be black in 616?

Ben Reilly was black in the Ultimates 'verse. So, anything is possible. I still say it's Pete, but he's gunna have a personality change via an emotional crisis and/or a "Peter Parker is dead and I'm only Spider-Man from here on" kind of deal.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PunyParker

I will agree with mpierce2690 and Strider92.....its still Pete but a bit darker

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teerack

@PunyParker said:

@iancoderre3 said:

"What he said..."

Ya Peter in my eyes will always be the best, but Miguel is smarter then Peter, so at least there is one quality he's superior at.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PunyParker

@Teerack said:

@PunyParker said:

@iancoderre3 said:

"What he said..."

Ya Peter in my eyes will always be the best, but Miguel is smarter then Peter, so at least there is one quality he's superior at.

He wont be Miguel,its confirmed by Slott

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Teerack

@PunyParker said:

@Teerack said:

@PunyParker said:

@iancoderre3 said:

"What he said..."

Source?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack

@danhimself: @KnightRise: I already asked for this thread to be deleted after i posted it in the other thread, because i didn't see the other thread, but it doesn't seem to matter because this is the second thread about this out of four.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KnightRise

@Teerack: Yeh, that tends to happen. There will probably be a staff article about this, too.

jckaiser5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jckaiser5

Here is my thoughts is that Peter identity get revealed again to everyone so at the end of 700 he commits suside in front of everyone to show they he died and that his enemy don't go after his loved ones, and in superior Spider-Man you see Peter is still live but changed his appreance and his name thus it not being Peter but still be him, this would give him a dark look at life because he had to give up his old one because of a super villain. That could also make the new Peter try and connect with mj considering they both love each other and I feel mj would not just go out with any spider person consider how mich slott has been pushing her back into Peter arms, as for the powers thing I think consider Peter is smart he might try to change his powers to try and throw off people that it is not simply Peter still under the mask but that just my thought on it considering that it is comics anything can happen.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PunyParker

@Teerack said:

@PunyParker said:

@Teerack said:

@PunyParker said:

@iancoderre3 said:

"What he said..."

Source?

He said it on Twitter

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Teerack

@PunyParker: I just scrolled through two weeks of his twitter feed and didn't see any mention of Miguel. Could you link it?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PunyParker
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Teerack

@PunyParker: "It's Marvel Now not Marvel Later" isn't the same as saying it's not Miguel. It sounds like sounds like something someone says when they just don't want to give a real answer.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PunyParker

@Teerack: Idk.....i really hope for Pete!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.