Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Who do you want to replace Dan Slott once he leaves?

• 107 results
    tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Peter David already wrote Spider-Man its called Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

With recent event in mind wouldn't it be better to mention Spider-Man 2099? He also did one of the best Spider-Man stories with The Death of Jean DeWolf.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Grant Morrison. I loved his take on X-Men and Superman (I have yet to read his Batman stuff), who why not have a go on Spider-Man? Then again, it could get really weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lvenger said:

@frogdog said:

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

Grant Morrison, because.. why not?

I love Morrison but knowing him he'd create Spider-Corp which would unify all the Spider-related heroes and more under one team located in various locations around the world...like he did X-Men and Batman.

I don't think Morrison likes Spider-Man that much actually.

Morrison was interested in making a Spider-man story, but the Clone Saga happened

Oh that's right, he doesn't like what's happened to Spider-Man. He wants to revert back to the Lee/Ditko way of storytelling.

Then again, maybe that's what Spider-Man needs. I'd rather read that than bore myself with Superior Spider-Man. However, I like the Lee/Romita run A LOT more than the Lee/Ditko run. Even so, I'd still like to see Morrison's version of old-school Spidey.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

• Chris Yost - As many have said, he's been stellar with Kaine and I think he'd show Peter the same respect
    • Rick Remender - I know he has his critics but he really did magnificent work with Venom, I think he'd do well with Peter
    • Cullen Bunn - Essentially like Remender, he's treated Flash pretty well and while he hasn't been hugely consistent there I feel it was more due to taking the reigns of a more unestablished character. I'd like to see him given a chance at least.

These three have all in recent memory been on a Spider-title and done wonderful things with it. I think any of them could do well with Peter.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Christopher Yost from Marvel, or Jeff Lemire from DC...

LimboBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know.

I want someone who has never written spider-man before, Maybe soule?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, anybody... I'm that desperate now.

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kostisfire

Actually, anybody... I'm that desperate now.

+1

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@ryagan: Perhaps a return to the original formula would be good but in truth, that's what the execs at Marvel are trying to do albeit in a warped, distorted manner.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I posted already but..... YOST YOST YOST!!!!

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By spider11211

I would almost rather have anyone at this time.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PunyParker

I would almost rather have anyone at this time.

THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT!!
    They want us to be like "Oh Pete's back!!,ok now i dont care who writes,cause Peter's back!!" NO!!!

The whole thing is going(with the set up stories,and the foundations) to be ,that Peter's back after Goblin Nation,and Slott continues to deal with Peter facing all the mess Ock has done.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a female writer, just to boost the calibure of characters in the supporting cast like MJ and May

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DanSlott

I'm never leaving. ;-)

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By angelalfonso

@danslott: Yeah, some day you will. Maybe when you have gray beard, when you go bald and gain some weight…. On a second thought... you are right, you will never leave.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott said:

I'm never leaving. ;-)

Bring Pete back,provide him with good stories,and you can stay as long as you want!

@danslott: Yeah, some day you will. Maybe when you have gray beard, when you go bald and gain some weight…. On a second thought... you are right, you will never leave.

That's evil.You're evil.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
    TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

lol,Dan slott is like the Lord Farquaad of marvel

No Caption Provided

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

good ol personal attacks on somebody because of fiction. Nice

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By PunyParker

@zarius said:

Maybe a female writer, just to boost the calibure of characters in the supporting cast like MJ and May

You know what......that may work fine!
    We haven't seen a good female supporting cast Spider-Man story in years.....last one was the Spider-Man loves Mary Jane books......which was totally about MJ and Peter and the others was the supporting cast.....a female writer writing Spider-Man,would be,at least interesting.....i'd read that!!.....(well,i'd read a bisexual,Hulk-shaped Spider-Man story,as long as it says "Spider-Man" on the cover,so i'm not a fair example :P )

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott said:

I'm never leaving. ;-)

Nobody stays on a title forever =P

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By angelalfonso

@punyparker: A bisexual hulkish spider man? I think I'll draw a line there.

OH yeah about what I say about Mr. Slott, it is all joke don’t take me to serious, I have a dark sense of humor.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@danslott said:

I'm never leaving. ;-)

Nobody stays on a title forever =P

*cough*BrianBendis*cough*

@punyparker: A bisexual hulkish spider man? I think I'll draw a line there.

OH yeah about what I say about Mr. Slott, it is all joke don’t take me to serious, I have a dark sense of humor.

It was a joke-ish response too,from me....

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By frogdog

@punyparker: Well outside of ultimate spider-man of course >.>

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51 said:

Joss Whedon.

No I'm serious.

He'd be PERFECT. He's humor and his wit would fit Spidey like glove

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo momma! if her baking is good so is her writing

You could have turned that into a dirtier and funnier joke

No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@punyparker: Well outside of ultimate spider-man of course >.>

Still,the man writes Spider-Man for 13 years and 160-something issues.........not counting the Avengers books....and he does it successfully.....i concider him a Spidey legend.
    If he somewhen writes Amazing,he will be THE Spidey legend...

He mentions Spider-Man in every book he writes,and he wanted to be an artist,on Spider-Man when he was a kid.....long story short,his favorite superhero is Spider-Pete.
    And to stay on topic,he would be very good for ιnheriting Slott's legacy..... ;)

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yost, Bunn, or Waid would be nice.

Avatar image for pietromaximoffistheman
    PietroMaximoffIsTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Peter David

My favorite writer. I never considered him on Spider-Man, but I think he would do a good job. Now that I think about it more, Marvel make this happen!!!

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By magnetic_eye

MARVEL: Christopher Yost or Mark Waid

DC: Scott Snyder or John Layman

Personally I would love to see Scott Snyder work on the resurrection of Peter Parker the Amazing Spider-Man more than anything else. It's going to take a miracle and the work of professional writers to bring any sort of decency and quality creativeness back to a series that has been desecrated and despicably treated with such contempt and bastardization.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

Grant Morrison. I loved his take on X-Men and Superman (I have yet to read his Batman stuff), who why not have a go on Spider-Man? Then again, it could get really weird.

I love Morrison,but i think he's not Spider-Man material........not to talk trash about the guy,as i said,he's a fantastic writer,but i love Snyder...absolutelly love what he does with Batman.....but i wouldnt want him writing Spider-Pete......would not work...
    Then again,it's called "creative writing"....who knows....Frank Miller did a fantastic job with Spider-Man.....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MARVEL: Christopher Yost or Mark Waid

DC: Scott Snyder or John Layman

Personally I would love to see Scott Snyder work on the resurrection of Peter Parker the Amazing Spider-Man more than anything else.

It's going to take a miracle and the work of professional writers to bring any sort of decency and quality creativeness back to a series that has been desecrated and

despicably treated with such contempt and bastardization.

You think it'll work?.....Snyder is a dark writer.....i like Morrison,but i would never want him writing Spider-Man......in my mind it wouldnt work...
    I love Snyder,and his Batman is my favorite book right now(Ultimate Pete's dead.....Amazing Pete's dead....what can i do?!) but my feeling is that certain writers are accommodated to certain types of storytelling...

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By magnetic_eye
    @punyparker said:

You think it'll work?.....Snyder is a dark writer.....i like Morrison,but i would never want him writing Spider-Man......in my mind it wouldnt work...

I love Snyder,and his Batman is my favorite book right now(Ultimate Pete's dead.....Amazing Pete's dead....what can i do?!) but my feeling is that certain writers are accommodated to certain types of storytelling...

Yes I think it could work. It's true that Snyder is a dark writer, but he is very proficent, and he brings an exceptional quality of drama, excitement and action with creative and mature textual dynamics to his style of writing.

Also, any humor Scott Snyder brings to the table won't be cheesy.

"Batman" by Snyder and "Detective" by Layman are my top 2 books trumping the 4 Marvel books left in my pull list. They are well written and the artwork is bold and cleanly defined. The aesthetics in these books embodies the super-hero genre in a way the cartoon caricatures of SSM can never achieve.

"Kraven's Last Hunt" by J.M. DeMatteis remains a personal favorite story-arc of mine. It's a classic (grim/dark) Spider-Man tale masterfully executed and unparalleled by very few. I'm not advocating by the way that all Spidey stories should be dark. I just want to read good quality creative stories that entertain, are maturely written, are somewhat a litlle closely grounded to reality instead of a "Despicable Me / Megamind" - Spider Fortress / Army Of Minions nonsense.

I do agree that certain writers are accommodated to certain types of storytelling, which is why to me SSM looks and reads like a really bad Saturday Morning kiddies cartoon trying desperately hard to be grim/dark.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#85  Edited By Ninjablade09

@gor724 said:

@acer51 said:

Joss Whedon.

No I'm serious.

He'd be PERFECT. He's humor and his wit would fit Spidey like glove

Too bad Marvel turned him down. He was supposed to write a Spidey book with Hitch doing the art, but Marvel said no.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

Yes I think it could work. It's true that Snyder is a dark writer, but he is very proficent, and he brings an exceptional quality of drama, excitement and action with creative and mature textual dynamics to his style of writing.

Also, any humor Scott Snyder brings to the table won't be cheesy.

"Batman" by Snyder and "Detective" by Layman are my top 2 books trumping the 4 Marvel books left in my pull list. They are well written and the artwork is bold and cleanly defined. The aesthetics in these books embodies the super-hero genre in a way the cartoon caricatures of SSM can never achieve.

"Kraven's Last Hunt" by J.M. DeMatteis remains a personal favorite story-arc of mine. It's a classic (grim/dark) Spider-Man tale masterfully executed and unparalleled by very few. I'm not advocating by the way that all Spidey stories should be dark. I just want to read good quality creative stories that entertain, are maturely written, are somewhat a litlle closely grounded to reality instead of a "Despicable Me / Megamind" - Spider Fortress / Army Of Minions nonsense.

I do agree that certain writers are accommodated to certain types of storytelling, which is why to me SSM looks and reads like a really bad Saturday Morning kiddies cartoon trying desperately hard to be grim/dark.

We agree on almost everything,but i still cant match Snyder and Spider-Man in my head.......for me,the most compatible writer for Spider-Man is Brian Bendis(he's my favorite too,you ever read Scarlet ?...) and his tone in writing Spider-Man,is light....he has written darker stories,like in The Pulse ,where it was Spider-Man,like he always is,but the whole story was dark.

On the same side i cant see people like Slott,or Peter David writing Batman.......see what i mean?!

Kraven's Last Hunt,is a masterpiece.....i really dont need to add anything to it.

SSM is a gimmick,and i am just enjoying whatever the book tossed to me,without a care,because i have realised that Pete will return in 2014 eventually,so.....i just wait.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#87 vance_astro  Moderator

If it's Joss Whedon, i'm not reading it. He's the most overrated writer..possibly in comic history. I would rather Bendis than Whedon, hell..I would rather Loeb than Whedon.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark Waid.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#89 vance_astro  Moderator
    Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, Joss Whendon was supposed to write a Spider book?

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I used to want Mark Waid, but honestly I love how I can't predict what Slott's going to do next, so I'd want another writer who writes really unpredictable stories so I'll say Peter David.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We agree on almost everything,but i still cant match Snyder and Spider-Man in my head.......for me,the most compatible writer for Spider-Man is Brian Bendis(he's my favorite too,you ever read Scarlet ?...) and his tone in writing Spider-Man,is light....he has written darker stories,like in The Pulse ,where it was Spider-Man,like he always is,but the whole story was dark.

On the same side i cant see people like Slott,or Peter David writing Batman.......see what i mean?!

Kraven's Last Hunt,is a masterpiece.....i really dont need to add anything to it.

SSM is a gimmick,and i am just enjoying whatever the book tossed to me,without a care,because i have realised that Pete will return in 2014 eventually,so.....i just wait.

That's cool. I guess from my point of view, I can see how Scott Snyder would adapt his writing style to suit Spider-Man. I wouldn't necessarily expect him to write Spider-Man in the same way he does Batman.

I don't mind Brian Bendis, but I think Spider-Man needs someone fresh at the helm, in fact an all new creative team is needed to restore ASM from the imposter SSM and that book's current murky doldrums.

Sorry I don't read Scarlet Spider. I have glimpsed at several issues at my local comic book store and really liked what I saw. Chris Yost is a great writer and has a good working knowledge of Ben Reilly. The artwork looked good too. But for me it's become a financial matter. There are only so many books I'm buying these days. Comic books in Australia are $2 - $3 more per issue than they are in the US.

Peter David writing Batman??? Yeah, I can almost see that. :-) It would be interesting to say the least. Peter David is another writer I think could easily adapt to writing diffrerent characters outside of his usual comfort zone.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanSlott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What you said wasn't any kind of "dark sense of humor."

It was just rude and insulting.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danslott said:

@punyparker said:

You think Peter David, the guy who wrote Sin-Eater in THE DEATH OF JEAN DeWOLFF, couldn't write a good Batman?! Really?

A lot of writers have wider ranges than most readers give them credit for. Peter's written great science fiction in his STAR TREK comics, VERY dark Hulk stories (like HULK: THE END), fun kid-level comedy in YOUNG JUSTICE, he's written WOLVERINE, X-FACTOR, SPIDER-MAN, HULK, AQUAMAN, SUPERGIRL, live action kid shows, cult classic movies, novels... you name it.

And, by the way, I've written BATMAN. :-D

Honest.

I've written young reader novels for Batman, PC games for Batman, I co-wrote BATMAN ADVENTURES for over a year-- and a number of Batman stories in the JUSTICE LEAGUE ADVENTURES book-- as well as JUSTICE LEAGUE CONFIDENTIAL.

...oh, and I wrote ARKHAM ASYLUM: LIVING HELL-- which introduced characters into the Batman Universe that are still being used today in the books, video games, and cartoons. (And is about to be re-released next year in a new hardbound edition).

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

David Wong

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A brown pigeon in a top hat

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.