Who do you want to replace Dan Slott once he leaves?

• 108 results
#1 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Ik many ppl hav been hating Slotts run due to superior spiderman an many want JMS back but after Slott is done who would u like to write spider man. My first choice would be Mark Waid he in my mind can do know wrong plus hez written spiderman before an it was great. My 2nd choice would be Matt Fraction bcuz the annual he wrote was amazing an id love to see more of what he could do with the character. Then my unlikely choice would be Grant Morrison. Ik this is very doubtfull but i feel like he could make some amazing stories.

Whod do u want to write everyones friendly neighborhood web crawler?

#2 Edited by frogdog (3520 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter David

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16823 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Yost. He is the current king of the Spider-verse imo.

#4 Posted by MaccyD (5108 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel will never let Slott leave, he makes them too much money!

#5 Edited by camstevens80 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I don't think @danslott is going anywhere. He's writing Marvel's flagship title and it is always one of Marvel's top and most consistent sellers. Plus, I bet he has an idea for where Spiderman is going for the next 2-5 years. Slott's only leaving Spiderman if he gets tired of Spiderman.

#6 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: id love to see peter david write spider man

#7 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis

#8 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (722 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Marvel would get rid of Slott because he makes them money but if I were to pick someone it'd be Yost.

#9 Posted by angelalfonso (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost, is there some one else?

#10 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

I definately would like to see what yost would do with the character

#11 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost

#12 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Yost. He is the current king of the Spider-verse imo.

This. He really does do justice to the Spider characters.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Yost would be the best replacement.

#14 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis

Just joking but I'd really dislike Bendis coming back to Spider-Man. He only shows potential on odd occasions. Most of the time his writing's a mess.

Yost, Fialkov, Spencer or Peter David would be the best at Marvel currently replacements for Spider-Man.

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18677 posts) - - Show Bio

Writers that Should stay away from spider-man

• Bendis
  • Rick Rememnder( I don't want MJ to die and come back as a villain)
  • Fraction
  • Danial Way
  • Mark Waid( As Much as I love his writing and even though he is amazing, I've never found his spider-man that Good)

Writers that should be given the job right away

• Chris Yost
  • Peter David
  • Joe Kelly
#16 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost or Bendis.

#17 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18930 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be pretty happy if Yost wrote Spider-Man. Scarlet Spider has been excellent.

#18 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

U never know they may get som1 whoz not working for marvel now like a Greg Rucka or Ed Brubaker or even maybe Scott Snyder!!!!!! Haha jk thats very doubtful but i bet his stories would be quite interesting

#19 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Not the best series. There are better Spider-Man runs in the past than Bendis' overrated one. Most of his writing was a bit of a mess.

#21 Posted by 8008S (518 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@danhimself: Not the best series. There are better Spider-Man runs in the past than Bendis' overrated one. Most of his writing was a bit of a mess.

if you look at any Best Spider-man stories list then there will be at least one Ultimate Spider-man arc in the top ten...Comic Vine's user voted list has 3 in the top ten and only one other arc in the top ten has been written in the last 13 years....when you say that it's "overrated" it makes me feel that you really haven't read any of Ultimate Spider-man and are basing your opinion on Bendis's 616 stuff which I will agree is no where near the same level of quality as his USM run...I may be wrong there but saying that there are better Spider-man runs done in the last 13 years is actually pretty false

#23 Edited by acer51 (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss Whedon.

No I'm serious.

#24 Edited by PaperDemon (625 posts) - - Show Bio

bendis or yost.

#25 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: id love to see that but i dont think whedon will write another comic for a LONG time

#26 Posted by Spideysense44 (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter David

#27 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10238 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison, because.. why not?

#28 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22962 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison or Mark Waid, but then again what do I know about spiderman?

#29 Edited by Funkypanda123 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo momma! if her baking is good so is her writing

#30 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by tigerkaya (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter David already wrote Spider-Man its called Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

#32 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: id love to see that but i dont think whedon will write another comic for a LONG time

Yeah I think Whedon would be cool...until the series became "The Adventures of Mary Jane and Aunt May." :) Same way most of Astonishing X-Men became "The Kitty Pride Show"

#34 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo momma! if her baking is good so is her writing

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

#35 Posted by darthfury78 (941 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously doubt that Dan Slott will ever leave Spider-Man willingly. However, I think that if there is someone who could take over Spider-Man it would be:

1. Charles Soule,
  2. Kelly Sue Deconnick
  3. Jorge Gonzalez
#36 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

if you look at any Best Spider-man stories list then there will be at least one Ultimate Spider-man arc in the top ten...Comic Vine's user voted list has 3 in the top ten and only one other arc in the top ten has been written in the last 13 years....when you say that it's "overrated" it makes me feel that you really haven't read any of Ultimate Spider-man and are basing your opinion on Bendis's 616 stuff which I will agree is no where near the same level of quality as his USM run...I may be wrong there but saying that there are better Spider-man runs done in the last 13 years is actually pretty false

Yes I know, that's because Bendis is an overrated as hell writer in the industry. And the bolded part is to show that since everyone's views on comic book stories is subjective, you're kinda wrong in saying this. I much preferred Kelly's Grim Hunt and most of JMS' run over Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man. But hey, that's just me, subjective view and all. And the main reason why Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man may have worked is because it was set in an alternate reality so he could be more flexible. As you point out, his 616 Spider-Man work has been rightly rubbish in comparison.

As for not reading the series, I'll list off some stories I've read off the top of my head. I've read the one where someone dressed as Spider-Man kills a cop and Peter gets shot by cops and has to get to MJ's house to safely make it to hospital. I've read the issue where Aunt May sees a psychiatrist about Peter, Gwen and Spider-Man whilst a SHIELD agent is questioned about their attempt to take Sandman into custody when Spider-Man showed up. I've also read the issue that was about the Spider-Man 2 movie, the last issue of the storyline where Peter beats Ock and has to catch a plane to New York. There was a funny scene involving Spider-Man in legwarmers and Gwen confronting Peter about him being Spider-Man. As a presumably long time reader of Bendis' Spider-Man, do any of those issues ring a bell?

#38 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Morrison but knowing him he'd create Spider-Corp which would unify all the Spider-related heroes and more under one team located in various locations around the world...like he did X-Men and Batman.

#39 Edited by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill said:

I love Morrison but knowing him he'd create Spider-Corp which would unify all the Spider-related heroes and more under one team located in various locations around the world...like he did X-Men and Batman.

I don't think Morrison likes Spider-Man that much actually.

#40 Posted by frogdog (3520 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

Morrison was interested in making a Spider-man story, but the Clone Saga happened

#41 Edited by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

Morrison was interested in making a Spider-man story, but the Clone Saga happened

Oh that's right, he doesn't like what's happened to Spider-Man. He wants to revert back to the Lee/Ditko way of storytelling.

#42 Edited by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost...that sounds like a good idea to me.

#43 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10238 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@frogdog said:

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

Oh that's right, he doesn't like what's happened to Spider-Man. He wants to revert back to the Lee/Ditko way of storytelling.

Would that be a bad thing?

#44 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@frogdog said:

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

I guess not though it would be regressing rather than modernising Spider-Man.

#45 Posted by frogdog (3520 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10238 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

@lvenger said:

@frogdog said:

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

Regressing him then using that version and moving that forward would be swell in my book.

#47 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

Cullen Bunn, give him a 12 issue story arc, lets see how he does.

Geoff Jones \

Yost <33333333

Greg Rucka maybe

#48 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: I suppose so if done right

Cullen Bunn, give him a 12 issue story arc, lets see how he does.

Geoff Jones \

Yost <33333333

Greg Rucka maybe

Of course, Rucka is another awesome choice! Sadly his Punisher series ended abruptly but he's not on as bad terms with Marvel as he is with DC so that's another writer I'd love to write Spider-Man.

#49 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

@lvenger said:

@frogdog said:

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

Regressing him then using that version and moving that forward would be swell in my book.

Wait why did the Clone Saga turn Morrison off of wanting to write Spidey?

#50 Edited by PunyParker (12549 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

• Mark Waid( As Much as I love his writing and even though he is amazing, I've never found his spider-man that Good)

Well,yay,he's writing the graphic novel!!!...isn't that exciting?!?!?!?!

I wouldnt mind Bendis as long as Pete's alive.....

Otherwise this is my list...

1. Chris Yost
  2. Christopher Yost
  3. C.Yost
  4. Chrisy Yost
  5. C.Y.
  6. Christo Y.

And last but not least...... 7.Mr. Yost.

P.S. Now that i think of it,that dude who writes Scarlet Spider would have been awesome too.....

:)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.