Who could replace Toby Maguire as Spider-man?

#1 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all the fine actors on this planet, who could replace Toby Maguire in his role as Spider-man? Elijah Wood? Daniel Redcliffe? Shia Labeouf?

WHO?!
Post Edited:2008-02-11 02:51:48

#2 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

cpt_linger says:

"Of all the fine actors on this planet, who could replace Toby Maguire in his role as Spider-man? Elijah Wood? Daniel Redcliffe? Shia Labeouf?WHO?!
Post Edited:2008-02-11 02:51:48"

I seriously think the Topher Grace would be a better Spiderman than Toby. Hmm, maybe...idk

#3 Posted by Sketchtor (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha ha hilarious. Nice one.

#4 Posted by EpicNinja (231 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I would make an awesome Peter Parker...w00t I'm the same weight, height, eye color, hair color, I prolly even have the same prescription glasses he does. lol I was already trained to be a pro-wrestler, and I loves me some spidey comics. Mwhahah Go me!

#5 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

EpicNinja says:

"I think I would make an awesome Peter Parker...w00t I'm the same weight, height, eye color, hair color, I prolly even have the same prescription glasses he does. lol I was already trained to be a pro-wrestler, and I loves me some spidey comics. Mwhahah Go me!"

I think I would, I mean i just so happen to be the same age, height, weight, and eye color as him. And I also just so happened to be named Peter Parker, and I also just happen to be a nerd and have recently been bit by a radioactive spider, what a coincidence.

#6 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

MotorSteel says:

"EpicNinja says:
"I think I would make an awesome Peter Parker...w00t I'm the same weight, height, eye color, hair color, I prolly even have the same prescription glasses he does. lol I was already trained to be a pro-wrestler, and I loves me some spidey comics. Mwhahah Go me!"
I think I would, I mean i just so happen to be the same age, height, weight, and eye color as him. And I also just so happened to be named Peter Parker, and I also just happen to be a nerd and have recently been bit by a radioactive spider, what a coincidence."

u should get that bite checked out, wouldn't want anything bad to happen

#7 Posted by EpicNinja (231 posts) - - Show Bio

MotorSteel says:

"EpicNinja says:

I think I would, I mean i just so happen to be the same age, height, weight, and eye color as him. And I also just so happened to be named Peter Parker, and I also just happen to be a nerd and have recently been bit by a radioactive spider, what a coincidence."

I still have the wrestling training on you good sir.... :P

#8 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

but seriously, only one person has posted an actual actor, the rest of you are just saying that you could replace toby maguire! wouldn't that be nice though... i'd say to the director "i think spider-man 4 is due for a sex scene with mary jane!"

otherwise probably topher grace.

#9 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Topher Grace could pull it off lol... he delivers the jokes like spidey.
Post Edited:2008-02-11 03:20:38

#10 Posted by EpicNinja (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm How bout Jake Gyllenhaal, I think he could pull it off. He has a similar look to McGuire anyhow, so it wouldn't be to odd for the eyes to accept.

#11 Posted by he who is not (156 posts) - - Show Bio

a dead cat?

#12 Posted by Kieran Marvel (154 posts) - - Show Bio
EpicNinja said:
"

Ummm How bout Jake Gyllenhaal, I think he could pull it off. He has a similar look to McGuire anyhow, so it wouldn't be to odd for the eyes to accept.

"

No i can't see it, not after the celebrity death match episode where these two dudes fought it out. Jake won eventually and the referee rightfully said "You killed Spiderman damn you."
I was thinking Matt Damon would make a good Spiderman when Parker reaches his mid twenties anyway.
#13 Posted by Leroy (128 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rock.

Ha ha, just kidding. Toby has done such a good job with the role that I'm actually having a hard time picturing Peter Parker as anyone besides him.
#14 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
EpicNinja said:
"

"
i was gonna say that.

Henry from ugly betty
#15 Posted by Shiryu (3807 posts) - - Show Bio

It is rumored that Jake Gyllenhaal is supposed to play Webhead in Spider-Man 4.

#16 Posted by Kieran Marvel (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Chuck Norris ?

#17 Posted by Virago (1005 posts) - - Show Bio
Kieran Marvel said:
"Chuck Norris ?"
ugh CHUCK NORRIS IS NOT GOD!!!  
he could never play spiderman, no matter how bad tobey might be.

#18 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Chuck's got my vote

#19 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:pixelized said:
"EpicNinja said:
"

"
i was gonna say that.

Henry from ugly betty
"

Is that show actually popular?

zzzzzzzzz
#20 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Elijah Wood. Only person on the planet who can replace Tobey. As long as he doesn't use that British Accent from LOTR, my votes for Elijah Wood. Definately.
#21 Posted by jasraj (4658 posts) - - Show Bio
Andrew Garfield has been cast, horrible choice, we need toby back
#22 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@jasraj said:
"
Andrew Garfield has been cast, horrible choice, we need toby back
"
Right on.
#23 Posted by jasraj (4658 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Agreed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.