Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

which would be better

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll which would be better (20 votes)

MJ returns as Peters love interest but not as his wife 25%
    The spider-marage comes back 45%
    Things stay the way they are 15%
    I want to see the answers of the poll 15%

why?

• 
    Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heres the plan

the real spidey gets married, runs a company, is spiderman when things go to poo and a mentor to miles the fake spider

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@rpgesus said:

heres the plan

the real spidey gets married, runs a company, is spiderman when things go to poo and a mentor to miles the fake spider

Yeah, Spidey should be the super-scientist, married, Avenger/cosmic level hero, while MIles is the idiot immature street leveler. Miguel can be the bridge between them.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Yeah, Spidey should be the super-scientist, married, Avenger/cosmic level hero, while MIles is the idiot immature street leveler. Miguel can be the bridge between them.

Ya'll really don't like Miles, huh?

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Yup. You got that right. :)

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rpgesus said:

heres the plan

I don't see this as possible.

With that said, he should be mid-high level hero.

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Well, I can't speak for them, but while I don't hate Miles, I strongly prefer Peter. If Miles' existence threatens Peter, get rid of Miles.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Well, I can't speak for them, but while I don't hate Miles, I strongly prefer Peter. If Miles' existence threatens Peter, get rid of Miles.

Why not? He is a mid-high level hero with just his powers, and his superior intellect makes it very feasible for him to be a cosmic hero if he uses it (is given the opportunity to do so).

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Yes, I hope Pete will still be the main Spider-Man.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Get them married again. Also, it's spelled marriage. Not marage. Work on your spelling.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I want a married semi retired Peter Parker running his company and raising his daughter whilst training Miles.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Eww mj

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darklordx123 said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Why not? He is a mid-high level hero with just his powers, and his superior intellect makes it very feasible for him to be a cosmic hero if he uses it (is given the opportunity to do so).

No, it is more likely for him to be a mid/high level superhero with his intellect plus his powers.

How can you compare Spider-Man (as much as it would be cool) to characters such as Franklin Richards, Galactus, and the Silver Surfer?

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Do you think Miles is a threat to Peter's existence?

@blackspidey2099 said:
    @darklordx123 said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

No, it is more likely for him to be a mid/high level superhero with his intellect plus his powers.

How can you compare Spider-Man (as much as it would be cool) to characters such as Franklin Richards, Galactus, and the Silver Surfer?

Well, I think he means sort of in the way that the Guardians of the Galaxy are an effective cosmic fighting force, despite the fact that Star Lord is probably closer to Street Level with just his physicals.

Put Peter in a Spider-Ship, have his Ends of the Earth Armor become his typical look, maybe give him a crew so he doesn't get lonely and can bounce quips off of (they needn't be warriors themselves, but whatever,) and boom. Cosmic Spider-Man.

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    @darklordx123 said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@darklordx123 said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @darklordx123 said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Well, I think he means sort of in the way that the Guardians of the Galaxy are an effective cosmic fighting force, despite the fact that Star Lord is probably closer to Street Level with just his physicals.

Put Peter in a Spider-Ship, have his Ends of the Earth Armor become his typical look, maybe give him a crew so he doesn't get lonely and can bounce quips off of (they needn't be warriors themselves, but whatever,) and boom. Cosmic Spider-Man.

You're right about what you said last. I didn't really think about it that way.

Miles is a threat to Peter. Not in terms of popularity or anything, its the way Marvel is making decisions. They've perpetually locked Peter in a state of manchildness, and removing him from that state is something they don't seem to be trying to put much effort into. Miles is a brand new character who is not bound by the perpetual state of manchildness Peter is stuck in, making him the sole character at the moment Marvel can shift their focus to.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By blackspidey2099

@blackspidey2099 said:
    @darklordx123 said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Oh, by cosmic I'm talking about Captain marvel (Carol) and at a max, Thor. While I wish Spidey was Franklin level, it's not going to happen and I don't want it to either.

@scouterv said:
    @darklordx123 said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@darklordx123 said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @darklordx123 said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

@scouterv said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @rpgesus said:

heres the plan

Well, I meant more of a Avengers type cosmic fighting superhero. And I agree that his Ends of the Earth look should be his typical look in all events/Avengers books so he can use his intellect, and his greater powers to help rather than being comic relief. With his armor on, he is easily more useful to the Avengers than Iron Man (though he doesn't gave as much cash).

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles is a threat to Peter. Not in terms of popularity or anything, its the way Marvel is making decisions. They've perpetually locked Peter in a state of manchildness, and removing him from that state is something they don't seem to be trying to put much effort into. Miles is a brand new character who is not bound by the perpetual state of manchildness Peter is stuck in, making him the sole character at the moment Marvel can shift their focus to.

I don't think it's all that bad. At best, Peter becomes a supporting character for Miles for a couple of years until Marvel goes through their next big change. Miles will probably get a new name and Peter will become the focus of the Spider-Man book again.

Oh, by cosmic I'm talking about Captain marvel (Carol) and at a max, Thor. While I wish Spidey was Franklin level, it's not going to happen and I don't want it to either.

Well, I meant more of a Avengers type cosmic fighting superhero. And I agree that his Ends of the Earth look should be his typical look in all events/Avengers books so he can use his intellect, and his greater powers to help rather than being comic relief. With his armor on, he is easily more useful to the Avengers than Iron Man (though he doesn't gave as much cash).

While Spidey is a powerful and smart fighter, I just don't think Spider-Man is equipped to fight at that level, unless there are lesser cosmic threats. Thor and Spider-Man shouldn't be capable of fighting the same foes evenly at their best. Maybe putting him on a certain planet, like Spider-Man Unlimited would be a way they could do that. Shake things up, but with a familiar feel to it. Could be a jungle-based planet, a machine-based planet, or a mix of the two.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    @darklordx123 said:

I don't think it's all that bad. At best, Peter becomes a supporting character for Miles for a couple of years until Marvel goes through their next big change. Miles will probably get a new name and Peter will become the focus of the Spider-Man book again.

@blackspidey2099 said:

While Spidey is a powerful and smart fighter, I just don't think Spider-Man is equipped to fight at that level, unless there are lesser cosmic threats. Thor and Spider-Man shouldn't be capable of fighting the same foes evenly at their best. Maybe putting him on a certain planet, like Spider-Man Unlimited would be a way they could do that. Shake things up, but with a familiar feel to it. Could be a jungle-based planet, a machine-based planet, or a mix of the two.

Well, with a lot of prep and an awesome armored suit, he has shown to be close to Thor (the normal modern version, with no enhancements or anything). He has also beaten Ms. Marvel without prep before. Of course, without prep, Spidey should not be able to be close to Thor's power.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.