Which was worse: Sins Past vs. OMD

#1 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the two most controversial spider-man stories of all time. Which do you hate more? I personally hate Sins past more. Because there was no point to the story other than just to give a big F**k you to Spider-man fans. I know a lot of people feel this way about OMD as well but at least there was somewhat of a purpose for it, in that they were trying to keep Peter's identity a secret again. So what are your opinions?

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather not speak about either. OMD wasn't that bad, but Sins Past was just disturbing on so many levels.

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

Sins Past was worse........OMD was just a bad attempt at getting Spider-man single that eventually paid off but Sins Past? That needs to be retconned now!

#4 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, One More Day. I never really cared that much about Gwen, and though I do think it was a poor call to make and ruined her character, she hasn't been around for like 600 issues now almost. To me One More Day was detrimental to the character of Peter, one of the most noble superheroes, who selfishly made a deal with an evil demonic entity so he didn't have to live with the guilt over May's death.

#5 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Sins Past was worse. Like @Strider92 said, at least OMD had a point and purpose, which was getting Peter single again. I like single Spidey

#6 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

To me One More Day was detrimental to the character of Peter, one of the most noble superheroes, who selfishly made a deal with an evil demonic entity so he didn't have to live with the guilt over May's death.
#7 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

To me One More Day was detrimental to the character of Peter, one of the most noble superheroes, who selfishly made a deal with an evil demonic entity so he didn't have to live with the guilt over May's death.

This will always piss me off.

#8 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Sins Past was worse........OMD was just a bad attempt at getting Spider-man single that eventually paid off but Sins Past? That needs to be retconned now!

Agreed.

You and I seem to always share opinions on these Spider-Man threads.

#9 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, at least OMD leaves space for returning character development and is more likely to be retconned away (I think right the moment Quesada leaves his chair).

Sins Past is just there now and it never had such cosmic consequences as OMD, so it's most likely forever will be that little disgusting dirty spot in Spidermans dossier. So yeah, Sins Past is way worse than OMD. Dead doesn't get character development.

#10 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@BringnIt said:

This will always piss me off.

Both quoted for actual, factual real-life God's honest truth...

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

That's because we are intelligent and sophisticated people!!!!

#12 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Sins Past is bad but OMD just harmed Peter's character. Selling your loving marriage to the devil, or a character pregnancy? OMD is just worse for me.

#13 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

That's because we are intelligent and sophisticated people!!!!

For sure.

#14 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Sins past made effect of putting rape into Gwen’s death but it has more sense than one more day sort of. Peter could have collected DNA Gwen by getting her hair brush than stabbing her grave. The moment is disturbing but it can be maintained. Goblin raped Gwen, murder her, took her children, made them guinea pigs and use them to kill Spiderman. It was sick idea but it worked and it can be manageable.

One more day Linkara’s shown why it was despise since it not only insults Spiderman but several heroes, villains, carrier choices, and more.

http://atopfourthwall.blogspot.com/2012/07/200th-episode.html

Itjustsomerandomguy made season for that moment in season 2 happy hours.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL320BAFE81584B804&feature=plcp

#15 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman did not rape Gwen in Sins Past. She was caught up in the moment and gave in to attraction.

#16 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Sins Past, because you can at least understand why OMD was made.

#17 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were pretty bad. Sins Past nearly ruined Gwen's character by having her cheat on Peter with his worst enemy, and then her daughter tried to seduce Peter at one point (blech!), while OMD cause Peter, the most responsible hero in Marvel, to make a deal with the devil to give away his marriage for his Aunt's life. I'd say OMD is barely worse, since it was completely against Peter's character to do that, but it also gave opprutunites for Peter to be with other girls, and it gave us Jameson's father married to Aunt May, but then again, Carlie Cooper sucked.

#18 Posted by Replicant0658 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Sins Past definitely, as horrible as OMD was, at least they didn't betray any of the characters in that storyline.

#19 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Sins past can be quickly fix I go with High tech roofy or magic. One more day what can be the excuse for Peter and Mary Jane? Magic chaos powers are started to take effect. Can we use the magic excuse is that overdone. Spiderman did give birth to himself.

#20 Posted by Billy Batson (58029 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were excellent :)
BB

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked OMD and I have nothing against it but Sins Past was stupid.

#22 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, Sins Past was an interesting idea that went south fast because of its exicution. OMD has nothing redeamable from concept and preplaning to exicution.

#23 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

This.

Neither were bad, I enjoyed watching them.....

#24 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

This.

Billy was joking,

#25 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

This.

Billy was joking,

Well i'm not.

#26 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14684 posts) - - Show Bio

Amendment 18 of the vine thou shall not speak of OMD or Sins Past.

#27 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Never had a problem with Sins Past. Great drama, imo. OMD was just terrible.

#28 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were terrible. Both involved characters going entirely against their core principles simply to make the plot work. OMD is harder to ignore because it has such a drastic effect on the status quo, however, the new status quo was well received so that takes some of the sting off of it even though "mr responsibility" sold his wife to the devil. I'm gonna go with OMD anyway though just cause I find I think Sins Past can be ignored the same way the Clone Saga was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.