Which Uncle Ben do you like better?

#1 Edited by Sapperjak (66 posts) - - Show Bio

If there had already been a thread on this forgive me. Which Uncle Ben do you like better the one from the Toby McGuire movies or from the Andrew Garfield movies? I personally choose the Toby McGuire movies Uncle Ben. He seemed to fit my expectation a little more.

#2 Posted by AweSam (7121 posts) - - Show Bio

This one.

Seriously though, Tobey Maguire's uncle Ben. I was counting the seconds for Garfield's uncle Ben to die.

#3 Posted by Azad (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I preferred Garfield's version. It's just what Uncle Ben would be - firm but caring.

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5558 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

This one.

Seriously though, Tobey Maguire's uncle Ben. I was counting the seconds for Garfield's uncle Ben to die.

I clicked on here to make this joke. Well played. :)

I was going to use this picture though. :)

#5 Posted by TheCannon (16115 posts) - - Show Bio

Toby's by far. He was better in every way.

#6 Posted by PunyParker (7188 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM's.....he had more screen time,so i liked 'im more.

#7 Posted by SheenLantern (5368 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecannon said:

Toby's by far. He was better in every way.

You don't need to comment on anything that compares anthing to TASM, we already know you think anything is better in every way than TASM.

#8 Posted by w0nd (2062 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought they were both stupid

...."just because you can beat someone up doesn't mean you should"
So what do I do...let him beat me up?

"I bet you feel pretty good now don't you because of your actions I have to miss my shift blah blah blah"

I'm in trouble for dunking on a kid who at the start of the movie kicked my guts in...really?

#9 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

This Uncle Ben is the best Uncle Ben, as you can see Peter liked this one the best.

#10 Edited by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-man was clearly the superior one. He actually seem like a real parent. Like he could have been Peter's real father-figure. The other one was a little too passive. With the previous uncle Ben, you were kind of just waiting for him to die, so you could see Peter turn into Spider-man. The Amazing Spider-man fleshed out his character to where you actually care, and were sad when he was gone. I never thought with the Old Uncle Ben, that this is the man that help shape Peter Parker into Spider-man. The Amazing Spider-man's uncle Ben did, he was so much more influential to Peter's character. I can't believe how anyone can say other wise.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.