Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Which team does Spidey belong on?

KaineReilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By KaineReilly

Poll Which team does Spidey belong on? (20 votes)

X-men 20%
    Fantastic Four/ Future Foundation 40%
    Avengers 35%

So I was thinking that, even though since the 2000s Spidey's been a big part of the avengers, before that, if anything, he'd had more adventures with the x-men and the FF. If you could have spidey only on one team, as a main member, a reserve or just backup for that team, which of the main marvel teams would you pick.

(apologies if this has been done before, the search function wasn't working)

• 
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

I like him as an Avenger. But I also wouldn't mind seeing him as a member of the Knights/Marvel Knights.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is not an avenger any more... i think. and he is not an x-man

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Avengers. Call me old fashioned, but I still think Spider-Man works best solo in his own title with only the occasional team up or guest appearance in a team book like the Avengers.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FearTheLiving

Should be a no team option. I always liked Spidey more so when he makes guest appearances with the teams not necessarily on them. Or you know what he said ^

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Between the three I think he works better with the X-men but I don't mind him as part of the others.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've enjoyed his trips with the X-Men better than any of his Avengers stuff.

But then again, I'd have gone with New Warriors, and look forward to Kaine's time there.

Of course, he's also good at putting together his own teams, and has worked well with Cloak and Dagger and whatever random riff-raff happens to be around. (Heck, there have been entire series based off just who has worked with Spider-Man.)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd prefer X Men...

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

his own team.

KaineReilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: @magnetic_eye: I actually agree, I like him best solo too, but I wondered, if he had to be on a team, which he'd fit best on

While we're at it, which spidey superhero friendships do you like best? (seeing as that factors in to what team you like him on)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

He's much better with the Future Foundation and the occasional team up with some X-Characters but he should just stay away from the Avengers.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really really like him as a fantastic four or future foundation member, and I think he should be one permanently.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By magnetic_eye

@kainereilly said:

@feartheliving: @magnetic_eye: I actually agree, I like him best solo too, but I wondered, if he had to be on a team, which he'd fit best on

While we're at it, which spidey superhero friendships do you like best? (seeing as that factors in to what team you like him on)

Well it would have to be between the Fantastic Four and the Avengers. Which team pays more? :-) Unless things have changed and I've missed it, the Fantastic Four are a non-profit organization and they earn no salaries which wouldn't be beneficial to Peter's financial woes.

In the Fantastic Four, I love Peter & Johnny's friendship. They go back a long way and have always worked well in team-up stories.

In the Avengers, I would love to see Spider-Man & Spider Woman develop a closer working relationship (not a romance), simply a platonic relationship.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Wolverine008

He was great as a New Avengerm

RobotMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Frankly, I don't like the idea of Spider-Man belonging to a team. He started out as an outcast youth who initially had difficulties fitting in even among the heroic community. Yes, the character has evolved, but as he is getting back on his feet after a lengthy hiatus, I think finding his feet on his own again before joining a team would be the best move. A monthly team-up book, though, would be great. I loved the original incarnation of Marvel Team-Up.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like him as an Avenger but I like him even more as a member of the FF

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

He's an Avenger.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF or Avengers, not X-men.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By angelalfonso

he can't be a x-man because he is not a mutant, unless Slott decides to shake spider man's origin more and say something like: "Peter had a latent X gene that was activated with the spider bite"

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he can't be a x-man because he is not a mutant, unless Slott decides to shake spider man's origin more and say something like: "Peter had a latent X gene that was activated with the spider bite"

Ms. Marvel was on the team briefly, and Cloak and Dagger (both good friends of Spider-Man last I knew), though their status is up in the air. (Not sure if Dyspair was just messing with their heads, claiming they were mutants and he used the drug to swap their powers.), Lockheed, Hepzibah, Kid Gladiator and other aliens.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.