Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

which spidey's girl friend is your favourite

ruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By ruler

Carlie Cooper

Felicia Hardy

Gwen Stacy

M.J Watson

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By PunyParker
    Felicia...LEVE HER!!
    Felicia...LEVE HER!!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
     Gwen Stacy
     Gwen Stacy
    mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By mewmdude77

@War Killer said:

Gwen Stacy
    Gwen Stacy

agreed! Gwen FTW!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

Carlie: NO

Felicia: I like her because she adds a new dynamic to Peter's relationships

Gwen: Sins Past killed her character for me.....

Mary Jane: She is by far the best girlfriend Peter has had in terms of a healthy relationship.

I'm going to say Black Cat simply because she adds a unique dynamic the others didn't.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92 said:

Carlie: NO

Felicia: I like her because she adds a new dynamic to Peter's relationships

Gwen: Sins Past killed her character for me.....

Mary Jane: She is by far the best girlfriend Peter has had in terms of a healthy relationship.

I'm going to say Black Cat simply because she adds a unique dynamic the others didn't.

I so want to UnFollow you,just so to Follow you again....BROTHER!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@PunyParker said:

I so want to UnFollow you,just so to Follow you again....BROTHER!

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By darthfury78

@Strider92 said:

The might have applied between Silver Sable and Ms. Marvel as well if it was allowed to develop over a period of time. Also, there are Spider-Woman and Black Widow as well. But the best alternates of all would be the She-Hulk and Psylocke.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@darthfury78: The key phrase here being "if it had been allowed"! Slott didn't want the Carol/Peter relationship. Wacker did though which is encouraging.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92 said:

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darthfury78

@Strider92 said:

@darthfury78: The key phrase here being "if it had been allowed"! Slott didn't want the Carol/Peter relationship. Wacker did though which is encouraging.

I think that Dan Slott was also against Peter/Jessica Drew as well since Bendis did hint that she likes him as much as she does with Clint Barton. Thus, Bendis had to settle for Spider-Woman x Hawkeye instead of Spider-Woman x Spider-Man. I guess this is why we will never see Peter's relationship get expanded beyond the "Pals" level as long as Dan Slott is the head writer on Spider-Man. This might have been the reason why Kelly Sue couldn't expand on Peter and Carol's relationship in the same manner as Mary Jane or Felicia Hardy. And Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew comes very close towards the type of relationship that Peter had with both Felicia and Mary Jane. It would be interesting to see the Black Widow and Silver Sable in the same fashion as well because I could actually see a relationship between Black Widow x Spider-Man and Silver Sable x Spider-Man working out very well. Don't you agree?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

MJ

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strider1992

@darthfury78: Silver Sable yes. Slott actually made me care about her character which I didn't beforehand. Black Widow for me is a no she's a bit to serious and military minded.

You're right about Slott being the reason DeConnick couldn't really expand on that relationship as I've heard both Wacker and DeConnick were interested in pursuing it. We'll just have to wait and see what happens later. Its a pity Brian Reed isn't with Marvel at the moment if he does return they should give Spider-man to him as the next writer. The guy is brilliant with Peter's dialogue.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By darthfury78

@Strider92: Regarding the Black Widow, she's the first heroine to take an interest in Spider-Man. Let's not forget that Carol is Military minded as well. Remember that during the early days of Marvel back in the late 1960's to the late 1970's, the Black Widow was the first heroine who took an interest in Spider-Man enough to want to be a costume crime fighter herself. Natasha fought Spider-Man in ASM #86 because she wanted to see for herself how skillful on an opponent he was. While not obsessed about wanting to know Spider-Man's secrets, Natasha still had an interest of him as he was her inspiration who has not disappointed her expectations. When her mind regressed to her Nancy Rushman persona, her inner thoughts was towards finding Spider-Man. One could say that Nancy Rushman was Natasha's subconscious taking over in search of the man who has inspired her. And Spider-Man/Peter Parker did help Natasha regained her memories. Given the many men in her life at that time, why did she go out of her way to seek out Spider-Man instead of Daredevil regarding Madame Hydra?

Check out the following link that provides the outline to the story.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/marvel_team-up_82-85.shtml

While we know that once Natasha got her memories back, she quickly told Spider-Man what he had shared with Nancy wasn't her own feelings as if she was trying to deny that she likes Spider-Man as much as she had with Daredevil. Otherwise, why would Natasha even bring up Nancy Rushman(her unconscious persona) to Spider-Man in the first place as if she wanted to put him at arms length? I would say that a partnership with Black Widow x Spider-Man could have worked as well as it had with the Black Cat at the time following the events of Marvel Team-Up #85. And I don't buy the notion that Nancy Rushman was her fake persona. While the "Nancy Rushman" name was fake, her feelings(when they regressed) revealed Natasha's emotional vulnerability that she safeguards.

The problem regarding Spider-Man x Black Widow was the fact that no previous Spider-Man writer was ever interested in using Natasha as often as the Black Cat in the pages of Spider-Man as a featured guest. Otherwise, she would have rivaled the Black Cat as far as being Spidey's occasional partner. Do you agree?

Another angle that Chris Claremont could used was to do a follow up story where Natasha seeks out Spider-Man once again regarding Madam Viper's whereabouts. And the story could have revealed that the Madam Viper featured in the previous Marvel Team-Up story was Mystique all along. Could you ever imagine that situation occurring at that time? I still feel that the Black Widow should have been Spidey's first crime fighting partner because it they might have had a friendship that was as strong as Mary Jane.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92 said:

@darthfury78: Silver Sable yes. Slott actually made me care about her character which I didn't beforehand. Black Widow for me is a no she's a bit to serious and military minded.

You're right about Slott being the reason DeConnick couldn't really expand on that relationship as I've heard both Wacker and DeConnick were interested in pursuing it. We'll just have to wait and see what happens later. Its a pity Brian Reed isn't with Marvel at the moment if he does return they should give Spider-man to him as the next writer. The guy is brilliant with Peter's dialogue.

I like Sable generally...not as a gf for Spiderman.....she's too rough...(and not in a kinky way....)

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By darthfury78

@PunyParker said:

I like Sable generally...not as a gf for Spiderman.....she's too rough...(and not in a kinky way....)

You never know until the story is written. But I doubt that Dan Slott will go there with Spider-Man x Silver Sable. He did acknowledge that she likes him a lot though. Imagine if he had gotten the chance to use the Black Cat and Venom in the Ends of the Earth storyline like he wanted. It's likely that he would have killed off Felicia Hardy instead of Silver Sable. But I think that both Silver Sable and the Black Widow have always had a hidden attraction towards Spider-Man on a sexual level. Afterall, the most dangerous women are usually the ones who wants a relationship with a guy who is the direct opposite of them, like Ms. Marvel and Silver Sable.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PunyParker

@darthfury78 said:

@PunyParker said:

You never know until the story is written. But I doubt that Dan Slott will go there with Spider-Man x Silver Sable. He did acknowledge that she likes him a lot though. Imagine if he had gotten the chance to use the Black Cat and Venom in the Ends of the Earth storyline like he wanted. It's likely that he would have killed off Felicia Hardy instead of Silver Sable. But I think that both Silver Sable and the Black Widow have always had a hidden attraction towards Spider-Man on a sexual level. Afterall, the most dangerous women are usually the ones who wants a relationship with a guy who is the direct opposite of them, like Ms. Marvel and Silver Sable.

Dont think so man....She is a huge Spiderman caracter,he woudnt do that....

And why he wanted to use Felicia and Venom,and why he didnt?...??

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Strider1992

@PunyParker: Venom has his own on-going so it probably clashed with that and the writer of DareDevil has control of Black Cat at the moment (much to my disgust lol).

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Video_Martian

Black Cat & Gwen Stacy

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92: Black Cat hasnt appeared in a DD comic since...DD#12 i think.....she's done with Daredevil...(i dont read the comics,just saw the Felicia appearances in DD comics here at comicvine...)

I dont understand her dissapearance from Spiderman comics.....too bad

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By z3ro180

@Strider92 said:

No Caption Provided
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By darthfury78

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker: Venom has his own on-going so it probably clashed with that and the writer of DareDevil has control of Black Cat at the moment (much to my disgust lol).

Yep. That was the reason why Dan Slott was not able to use either Venom and Black Cat. But I was so happy that he used Silver Sable and the Black Widow because neither of them has appeared in Spider-Man in so many years. This was why I felt that Silver Sable, Black Widow, Psylocke, and Spider-Woman should be used as alternates to the Black Cat in Spider-Man's world. And Felicia should reside in both Daredevil and Hawkeye's world. It would be fun to see Black Cat x Hawkeye start a relationship together, only to see Jessica Drew in a jealous rage!!!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@PunyParker: It is because the DareDevil writer has her atm. He loses control of her near the beginning of 2013 so she'll be free to move around again. Can't wait for that! Wacker even said he's going to give her a bigger role in the Marvel Universe!

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darthfury78

@PunyParker said:

@Strider92: Black Cat hasnt appeared in a DD comic since...DD#12 i think.....she's done with Daredevil...(i dont read the comics,just saw the Felicia appearances in DD comics here at comicvine...)

I dont understand her dissapearance from Spiderman comics.....too bad

Slott doesn't want to use Black Cat at the moment until Superior Spider-Man is up and running. So no Black Cat before Spider-Man #700.I think that her next move should be at Hawkeye since he's the lady's man.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Strider1992

@darthfury78 said:

Slott doesn't want to use Black Cat at the moment until Superior Spider-Man is up and running. So no Black Cat before Spider-Man #700.I think that her next move should be at Hawkeye since he's the lady's man.

Dear god NO! If Bendis hooks Hawkeye up again just for the sake of it I will hurt someone! He's ruining Clint's character!

Go with Venom (she previously dated Flash) or Kaine (he's basically Peter but won't take her BS).

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#26  Edited By Joygirl

Black Cat. MJ is kind of an annoying character to me from what I've seen of her, and Stacy is just... not really an option for me.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By darthfury78

@Strider92 said:

Dear god NO! If Bendis hooks Hawkeye up again just for the sake of it I will hurt someone! He's ruining Clint's character!

Go with Venom (she previously dated Flash) or Kaine (he's basically Peter but won't take her BS).

I personally like Peter Parker x Jessica Drew a whole lot more than Spider-Woman x Hawkeye. At least with Peter and Jessica, there was a lot of positive chemistry between them. But with Clint and Jessica, it felt forced and in your face for the sake of it because Bendis was not able to establish a Spider-Man x Spider-Woman relationship.

Also while Black Widow x Hawkeye were a classic pair at the beginning, her real reason of defecting to the USA was because she wanted to confront Spider-Man, since he was the reason why she became a superhero in the first place. The tension that Black Widow x Spider-Woman has around Hawkeye could easily be transferred over to Spider-Man.

But going back to Felicia, I have a feeling that she would not like Kaine very much. I think that Moondragon would be a better fit for Kaine than Black Cat.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I always liked Peter and MJ Together. They are my favorite comic couple

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker: It is because the DareDevil writer has her atm. He loses control of her near the beginning of 2013 so she'll be free to move around again. Can't wait for that! Wacker even said he's going to give her a bigger role in the Marvel Universe!

Yeah! i really hope they make a good Black Cat when she returns in Superior!

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darthfury78

@PunyParker said:

For some reason, I doubt that Black Cat will return to Spider-Man's world. Remember that when Dan Slott wanted to use her for the Ends of the Earth storyline, his intent(given what happened to Silver Sable) might have been to kill her off.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PunyParker

@darthfury78 said:

@PunyParker said:

For some reason, I doubt that Black Cat will return to Spider-Man's world. Remember that when Dan Slott wanted to use her for the Ends of the Earth storyline, his intent(given what happened to Silver Sable) might have been to kill her off.

Hope he changes mind......i thought he(Slott) loved her as a character cause he treated her good in Big Time(good writing,characterization etc.) ....idk....

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By darthfury78

@PunyParker said:

Hope he changes mind......i thought he(Slott) loved her as a character cause he treated her good in Big Time ....idk....

But not in a relationship with Spider-Man/Peter Parker. In fact, I doubt that Dan Slott wants Peter x Felicia to work together as long as he's the writer, or anyone else for that matter. It would be interesting to see if Felicia becomes a part of Hawkeye's supporting cast as well as a potential love interest towards him because Clint is in some ways like Spider-Man. Unlike Peter Parker, Clint doesn't have to worry about not being allowed to have a relationship with a super heroine. Right now, they have a Hawkeye, Spider-Woman, and Black Widow team-up event. Yet no one at Marvel wants to do a Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Man team-up adventure.

Imagine Black Cat as Hawkeye's close ally?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PunyParker

@darthfury78: Yeah,yeah,i dont mean as a love interest...as a character.....always hope they will be back together(Felicia&Peter).....but as long as she is just in Spiderman's world and not killed or treated bad,i'm sold!

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By fodigg

My favorite is MJ. After that, I liked the teasing they did with She-Hulk and Carol Danvers.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By darthfury78

@PunyParker said:

@darthfury78: Yeah,yeah,i dont mean as a love interest...as a character.....always hope they will be back together(Felicia&Peter).....but as long as she is just in Spiderman's world and not killed or treated bad,i'm sold!

Agreed. Although I feel that the type of friendship that Peter had with Felicia should be extended to include Spider-Woman and the Black Widow as well. I only say Spider-Woman and Black Widow because they were the first heroines to take an interest in Spider-Man before the Black Cat was introduced in 1979. So, to me, Natasha Romanoff should have come first followed by Jessica Drew, and finally Felicia Hardy as Peter's heroine partners.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By tomlikesfries

None of those. Kitty Pryde is Peter's best girlfriend.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PunyParker

@darthfury78 said:

@PunyParker said:

Agreed. Although I feel that the type of friendship that Peter had with Felicia should be extended to include Spider-Woman and the Black Widow as well. I only say Spider-Woman and Black Widow because they were the first heroines to take an interest in Spider-Man before the Black Cat was introduced in 1979. So, to me, Natasha Romanoff should have come first followed by Jessica Drew, and finally Felicia Hardy as Peter's heroine partners.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By darthfury78

@tomlikesfries said:

In the Ultimate Universe, yes. Too bad Bendis decided to kill Peter Parker off.

pokemonon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pokemonon1

Black Cat.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By cloudzackvincent

Gwen

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PunyParker

@darthfury78 said:

@tomlikesfries said:

In the Ultimate Universe, yes. Too bad Bendis decided to kill Peter Parker off.

Yeah,really everything was giong good for Ultimate Peter.....but Bendis killed him...Why??....(again..)

ASM #698 spoler down:

I hope at least Pete comes back in 616...

matanui123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By matanui123

captain america obviously

BreZeJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By BreZeJ

Felcia followed by Silver Sablinova. I only liked MJ in the animated series.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#44  Edited By TheCannon

Black Cat.

Though in the Ultimate Universe, I loved Kitty Pryde.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By reignmaker
    Mary Jane Watson
    Mary Jane Watson
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By darthfury78

@TheCannon said:

Black Cat.

Though in the Ultimate Universe, I loved Kitty Pryde.

In the Ultimate Universe, the Black Cat was not interested in Spider-Man/Peter Parker after learning that he was just a kid. So Kitty was made as an alternate for Felicia by Bendis. I also believe that he wanted to make Spider-Woman have a relationship with Spider-Man in the regular Earth-616 realm. But the top brass said no. And so he created Spider-Woman x Hawkeye romantic instead of Spider-Woman x Spider-Man. And there were hints that he wanted to go in that direction towards Peter and Jessica.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.