Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Which Spider-man comic should I get a subscription for?

Vulcan1459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vulcan1459

I'm not a newcomer to comics or Spider-Man, but I've always been more into silver age Spider-Man, especially the ones written by Stan Lee. I bought the 'back in black' and the 'One more day' graphic novels last year and it kind of put me off Spider-Man all together. But know I want to get a Spider-Man comic superscription and I'm not sure which one to get, usually I would pick Amazing Spider-Man but I'm not sure because of the hole Brand New Day thing.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

Read Big Time and Spider Island and you will be caught up. If you want to be a part of something newer and not need to know as much, start reading Ultimate Spiderman.

AdamChapman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AdamChapman

Amazing Spider-Man since "Big Time" has been a helluva lot of fun, with great sense of pacing, pathos, comedy and drama. I can't recommend Amazing Spider-Man enough.

TheTimShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheTimShow

I asked Spidey editor Steve Wacker the same question Vulcan, and this is what he told me: "What I would recommend is the same thing I did when I was young and started reading Spider-Man: just pick an issue with a cover you like and start reading from there. We try to make sure there is enough information in any issue so a new reader like yourself has no trouble catching up." I started reading Amazing Spider-Man at issue #688 and am not disappointed whatsoever and when issue #690 came out I ordered a subscription. Read ASM

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By thespideyguy

I really like the amazing spiderman because it's original great story's, but ultimate spiderman is for new readers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

The Amazing Spider-man is the obvious answer but Scarlet Spider is excellent, as is Avenging but go for ASM.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

The Amazing Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider.

Vulcan1459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vulcan1459

Thanks guys, I suppose you can never go wrong with Amazing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.