Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Which people I think could become the New Ultimate Spider-Man

spideybigtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By spideybigtime

As all of you know, Ultimate Peter Parker died in the pages of Ultimate Spiderman 160, and in Ultimate Fallout 4, on sale August 3,2011 is going to tell us who his replacement will be. Until then, we are just going to have to keep guessing who will be behind the mask of the new one. I have numbered up 4 people from greatest possibility to least possibility of becoming the new spider-man. 

1. Gwen Stacy  
    Why do I think that she could become the new Spiderman? Because first of all, she partly feels responsible probably. Just like Bendis said, the new spiderman is going to have Peter's death be like Uncle Ben's death. In Ultimate Fallout 1, Gwen says she's cursed hinting that she does feel responsible in some way for Peter's death and that would give her the motivation. Second of all, one of the creators said that the new spider-man's relationship with Captain America would be different than Peter's, which would mean that the new one might dislike him. This could be gwen because at the end of Ultimate Fallout 1, Steve Rogers comes to Aunt May and Gwen and tells them he is responsible for Peter's death in some ways. Probably after the talk in Ultimate Fallout 2, Gwen is going dislike Steve a little or a lot more than before. And if you're asking where would spider abilities, she could use some of Peter's blood and transfer it into her or something else. That is why she is my number one choice. 

2. Mary Jane Watson 
    Mj is also a possibility in a couple of ways also. She probably feels responsible for what happened to Peter. Her relationship with Captain America could be different because Gwen or Aunt May might tell her about the talk with Steve. For how she would get the power, Mj got all mad at Nick Fury saying that he is probably the one responsible for Peter's death and he might feel guilty and transfer some blood into her to make himself feel better. Danvers, since spiderman died on her watch could feel guilty and find some secret base of SHIELD that holds some of Peter's blood. 

3. Carol Danvers 
    Danvers is probably very unlikely but it is possible. She would feel guilty for letting Peter's death happen on her watch. Relationship with Captain America, could be different because she would be mad at him for not going back and helping Peter. With how she would get the power though, with SHIELD they always have top secret stuff going on so I wouldn't have some of Peter's blood stocked up. 

4. Ben Reilly  
    He could be the new Spiderman by feeling guilty for all the bad he did during the clone saga and put Peter's DNA inside of him. 

5. Peter Parker 
    This possibility is very unlikely, but i'm not  talking about the real mccoy coming back but  a clone. If Ben Reilly  felt really guilty he would create a clone of Peter. 

Mary Jane Watson
     Mary Jane Watson

Gwen Stacy 
    Gwen Stacy 
    Carol Danvers 
    Carol Danvers 
     The New Ultimate Spider-Man!
     The New Ultimate Spider-Man!
     A clone of Peter
     A clone of Peter
     Ben Reilly 
     Ben Reilly 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

You seem to miss the fact that the new Spider-man doesn't have boobs.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By OldManDuncan

It would be cool if the new Spider-man was the ultimate version of Miguel O'Hara.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Duncan said:
    It would be cool if the new Spider-man was the ultimate version of Miguel O'Hara.
    This this this this this this THIS!!!!
    darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darkcloakx

ben reilly or miguel o 'hara or scott washington a.k.a hybrid  could be very interesting

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@InnerVenom123 said:
    Ever hear of chest binding
    spideybigtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spideybigtime

Chest Binding was exactly what I was thinking when I made this!

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Timandm
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir: @spideybigtime

Chest binding would make sense if a female character wanted to take that extra step to hide her identity...  But an adult woman (even a teenager) in a full body stocking...  It'd be kind of hard to hide...

Also, I believe it's a cardinal rule with Marvel Comics that all female Super Heroes must have very large breasts... I don't know why, it's just the way they are...  Even if the character doesn't have large breasts in her civilian guise, as soon as she puts her costume on they automatically enlarge...
    freaky_yves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freaky_yves

maybe it was a clone who dies , and the real parker gets the suit 

:-)

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By mewmdude77

what if, when Johnny tried to fight the Goblin again before Peter died, he lost his regular flame powers? What if he felt responsible for Peter's death, so he became the new Spider-Man? Reed might be able to equip him with devices to simulate Spider powers, and a new suit. That new suit shouts flashy to me, and Johnny Storm is indeed flashy. It would aso balance out, because with Regular MU Johnny dead(or captured) and Peter took his place on the FF, maybe it would make sense that if Ult. Peter is dead, Johnny takes his place. Thats just my theory though, to each their own opinion.

El_Tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By El_Tigre

I think it will be Steve Rodgers.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Timandm
    @El_Tigre said:
    That's a good thought, but we've already seen the cover with the new spider man and they're way to small and skinny to be Steve Rogers...
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Timandm
    @mewmdude77 said:
    what if, when Johnny tried to fight the Goblin again before Peter died, he lost his regular flame powers? What if he felt responsible for Peter's death, so he became the new Spider-Man? Reed might be able to equip him with devices to simulate Spider powers, and a new suit. That new suit shouts flashy to me, and Johnny Storm is indeed flashy. It would aso balance out, because with Regular MU Johnny dead(or captured) and Peter took his place on the FF, maybe it would make sense that if Ult. Peter is dead, Johnny takes his place. Thats just my theory though, to each their own opinion.
    THAT actually makes excellent sense!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Primmaster64

Um...Spider-MAN

El_Tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By El_Tigre
    @Timandm said:
    @El_Tigre said:
    That's a good thought, but we've already seen the cover with the new spider man and they're way to small and skinny to be Steve Rogers...
    Good point. I did not think of that.

@mewmdude77 said:

I like this but didn't Johnny use his flame powers in Ultimate Fallout #1
    spideybigtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spideybigtime

Yeah, Johnny does still have his powers and is shown  being part of the new xmen along with Kitty Pryde, Bobby Drake, and a new wolverine on the cover of the new Xmen series Ultimate Comics: Xmen.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By mewmdude77
    @spideybigtime said:
    Yeah, Johnny does still have his powers and is shown  being part of the new xmen along with Kitty Pryde, Bobby Drake, and a new wolverine on the cover of the new Xmen series Ultimate Comics: Xmen.
    There goes my theory then
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me lame, but it was also stated Ultimate Spider-Man would be a new character with new powers. I would like to think I never heard of him, that he might have the basic powers of Spider-Man with a few extras and that his powers somewhat mimic that of a spider without the true-to-form functionality.

As for being female, only an image inducer could hide the hips and other female qualities. Unless there are hip binders, I don't know what to tell you.

So Parker Peterson will basically cling to walls using the Spiderboy technique, operating in gravitational fields provided he makes contact with the walls, ceilings and huge robots. This wouldn't make running across walls somewhat easier as his feet would have to make direct contact.

His strength relies on kinetic force fields like Superman Blue/Superman Red, only less grand. It would require focus, mostly. The same would apply to his durability. He might be weaker than the last Spider-Man, depending on his emotions. I just hope he isn't bipolar.

Spider-Man's webs could very well be manifestations.

His Spider Sense works the same way mine works whenever a girlfriend is angry at me, but I don't know what annoyed her to begin with. I just know to leap out of the way and start a random subject about ice cream.

Yes, I would like Spider-Man to be a lame psychic/something-or-other plagiarizing everyone else but considering the lack of ingenuity in Marvel lately it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Duo_forbidden

I'm going with Eddie Brock. It doesn't seem likely because he "hates" Peter, but I'm only saying so because of the costume. If anybody remember in War of the Symbiotes, Eddie absorbed Carnage, making his costume red and black.

Joesoef95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Joesoef95
    @Timandm said:
    @mewmdude77 said:
    THAT actually makes excellent sense!
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Green Skin
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    Marvel loves the women posing as a man gimmick though.  They've already done it with Ronin(Echo) and Spider Man ( Mattie Franklin).
    Avatar image for iknoweverything
    IKnowEverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IKnowEverything

If Spider-MAN becomes a woman im going to be mufuckin PISSED

ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

omg no, this is still spiderman no matter what universe he is in.  He will not be a woman and there will be "chest binding" whatever the hell that is.  It its a woman call her spider woman.  Spiderman is a dude.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By fodigg
    @Icon said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Duncan said:

Agreed!

Also, he won't be a clone. Bendis has stated a few times now that Ultimate Spidey won't be a clone.

YES. 

Although I wouldn't mind Flash Thompson.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @fodigg said:
    @Icon said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Duncan said:

Agreed!

Also, he won't be a clone. Bendis has stated a few times now that Ultimate Spidey won't be a clone.

YES.  Although I wouldn't mind Flash Thompson.
    Flash as Venom in regular and Spidey in Ultimate. That'd be hilariously awesome. 
    Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom Venom Venom Venom VENOM!
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By difficlus

Ben Rielly, Eddie Brock, Miguel or Flash

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.