Which one first - Avenging Spider-man 15.1 or ASM 700?

#1 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one has to be read first?

#2 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Slott said to be sure to read 700 first, then Avenging 15.1.

#3 Posted by VaizD (247 posts) - - Show Bio

700. 15.1 is essentially an epilogue that takes the last 2-3 pages of 700 and stretches them out over an entire issue. Not in the literal sense, but as far as narrative and character's inner thoughts and reflections go. But yeah, read 700 first. There's even a warning in 15.1 telling you to do so.

#4 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Posted by dannymalt (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the leaked version of both of ASM 700 and Avenging 15.1 online. At the beginning of Avenging Spider-Man 15.1, it says in big lettering inside the cover "READ AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700 FIRST! (or don't say I didn't warn you!)"

#6 Posted by LastOblivion (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@dannymalt said:

I read the leaked version of both of ASM 700 and Avenging 15.1 online. At the beginning of Avenging Spider-Man 15.1, it says in big lettering inside the cover "READ AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700 FIRST! (or don't say I didn't warn you!)"

HAHAHA, nice!

Btw, what did you think of it?

#7 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@LastOblivion said:

@dannymalt said:

HAHAHA, nice!

I read it too. Well, it was... Mad.

#8 Posted by sheldipez (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's betting that the demand of 15.1 will outstrip supply? 2nd print methinks..

#9 Posted by dannymalt (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@JimTheSurfer said:

@LastOblivion said:

@dannymalt said:

HAHAHA, nice!

I enjoyed the issue. It's such a ballsy move on Marvel's part with the new status quo for Spider-Man going forward. I can see why people will be angry. People may even be a little sad. What they did just seems so permanent, the Peter Parker we know is gone forever (well unless they reverse it somehow later). Now while I hope this new Superior Spider-Man thing won't last forever, I got to say, I am highly interested in seeing where they go with it.

The back-up stories in 700 however, were a complete waste of time, just a way to make the issue bigger and charge a lot more, you read this great 50 page story, and then there's another 20 pages of useless stupid filler! Anyway...Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 was also really good, and it gives you a taste of what the new Superior Spider-Man is going to be like, so definitely pick that up as well.

#10 Posted by LastOblivion (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@dannymalt: @JimTheSurfer: Hmm ok, thanks for the information! I'm really trying to be optimist about this, I'll check it out this weekend, hope it's worth it. lol

#11 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@dannymalt said:

@JimTheSurfer said:

@LastOblivion said:

@dannymalt said:

HAHAHA, nice!

I enjoyed the issue. It's such a ballsy move on Marvel's part with the new status quo for Spider-Man going forward. I can see why people will be angry. People may even be a little sad. What they did just seems so permanent, the Peter Parker we know is gone forever (well unless they reverse it somehow later). Now while I hope this new Superior Spider-Man thing won't last forever, I got to say, I am highly interested in seeing where they go with it.

The back-up stories in 700 however, were a complete waste of time, just a way to make the issue bigger and charge a lot more, you read this great 50 page story, and then there's another 20 pages of useless stupid filler! Anyway...Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 was also really good, and it gives you a taste of what the new Superior Spider-Man is going to be like, so definitely pick that up as well.

Completely agree. Those two backup stories just screwed up the atmosphere after reading the main story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.