Which avengers could Spider-man beat,and lose?

#151 Posted by CF12793 (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal said:

@nick31898: i guess. i dont know whats the point if what happens in comics isnt taken into consideration

Well the thing is, what happens in the comics, isn't always because the hero could beat someone. What happens is what the writer wants to happen. If you look, spider-man outclasses cap on every level.

To me, that's sort of lame. If we don't use the comics as a reference point for these characters, what do we have to determine what they can and can't do? If we just used character stats and not what they've actually accomplished, theoretically more than half of them would be unbeatable. There is a lot more to a character than just their stats. Yes, Captain America is severely outclassed by Spidey, but we know that the reason why Spidey loses to Cap is because he respects Cap too much, and doesn't want to hurt him. You would need to take that into consideration before a battle, otherwise most of these battles wouldn't work.

#152 Posted by Z3RO180 (7774 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't beat cap

#153 Posted by NICK31898 (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793 said:
@nick31898 said:

@kriminal said:

@nick31898: i guess. i dont know whats the point if what happens in comics isnt taken into consideration

Well the thing is, what happens in the comics, isn't always because the hero could beat someone. What happens is what the writer wants to happen. If you look, spider-man outclasses cap on every level.

To me, that's sort of lame. If we don't use the comics as a reference point for these characters, what do we have to determine what they can and can't do? If we just used character stats and not what they've actually accomplished, theoretically more than half of them would be unbeatable. There is a lot more to a character than just their stats. Yes, Captain America is severely outclassed by Spidey, but we know that the reason why Spidey loses to Cap is because he respects Cap too much, and doesn't want to hurt him. You would need to take that into consideration before a battle, otherwise most of these battles wouldn't work.

Let's say morals are off?

#154 Posted by NICK31898 (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

He can't beat cap

Sir would you please explain how he can not beat cap. NO morals, what can cap do to someone who is 10x stronger, faster, more agile, more flexible, will dodge your moves because of spidey sense, and with webs, stronger than steel?

#155 Edited by spider11211 (1176 posts) - - Show Bio

BALLS..THAT'S HOW...CAP IS THE MAN!

photo 200.gif

#156 Posted by NICK31898 (2267 posts) - - Show Bio
#157 Posted by NICK31898 (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

BALLS..THAT'S HOW...CAP IS THE MAN!

But seriously, Spidey's balls could beat captain america.......blindfolded.

#158 Edited by spider11211 (1176 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: I do not think his balls are big enough. Spider-man does not have enough strength to hold Caps jock strap.

#159 Posted by NICK31898 (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: I do not think his balls are big enough. Spider-man does not have enough strength to hold Caps jock strap.

Yeah, sure. *Cap then tries to lift a small car, he fails. Then Spider-man then lifts that car, then another, and bench presses it....with ease.

#160 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8658 posts) - - Show Bio

All except Thor and Hulk.

#161 Posted by 14NC3 (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter?

Win - Captain america, hawkeye, spider-woman, black widow, wolverine, falcon, shang chi

Lose - captain marvel, captain universe, Thor, Hulk, hyperion, sunspot, thor, vision, iron man

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.