Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Which avengers could Spider-man beat,and lose?

• 158 results
    w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@theacidskull said:

@nick31898 said:

@theacidskull said:

@nick31898: There seems to be nothing wrong with my grammar.

Also Wonder MAN from Marvel. Oh and WOnder Woman is a 100 tonner who can fight superman, she can demolish spider-man. unfortunate but true.

I was correcting my mis-spell. And, also, many super heroes can fight super-man. Even batman. I just don't see her landing a blow on the man who dodged all of the x-men's attacks, with ease. She is anyt hing but invulnerable, so punches from spidey will affect her greatly.

they won't. I love spider-man But Dodging ins't going to help Against an opponent who spider-man can't hurt properly. Hulk is out of his wight class, spider-man couldn't even beat Joe fixit( the weakest Hulk incarnation), he can dodge and punch, but he can't hurt then enough to KO them

and Wonder Woman is faster than spider-man. Unfortunately.

So spidey's punches can't hurt WW? I don't think so. And, she is faster-flying-wide. Spider-man is a lot faster when fighting. He his one of the fastest. He can throw punches, and dodge punches quicker than 99% of the other heroes.

I see this scan floating all over here.

Spider-man dodges bullets because of his spider sense. Kaine admittedly said he would get hit sooner or later due to his lack of spider sense. Wonder woman deflects bullets with her speed and eyesight alone. So is not slow.

She also claims to have super speed and reflexes due to her "muscle memory"

I honestly prefer she has no super speed, I get upset when I see images of her punching an oncoming flash at full speed.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By NICK31898

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@theacidskull said:

@nick31898 said:

@theacidskull said:

@nick31898: There seems to be nothing wrong with my grammar.

Also Wonder MAN from Marvel. Oh and WOnder Woman is a 100 tonner who can fight superman, she can demolish spider-man. unfortunate but true.

I was correcting my mis-spell. And, also, many super heroes can fight super-man. Even batman. I just don't see her landing a blow on the man who dodged all of the x-men's attacks, with ease. She is anyt hing but invulnerable, so punches from spidey will affect her greatly.

they won't. I love spider-man But Dodging ins't going to help Against an opponent who spider-man can't hurt properly. Hulk is out of his wight class, spider-man couldn't even beat Joe fixit( the weakest Hulk incarnation), he can dodge and punch, but he can't hurt then enough to KO them

and Wonder Woman is faster than spider-man. Unfortunately.

So spidey's punches can't hurt WW? I don't think so. And, she is faster-flying-wide. Spider-man is a lot faster when fighting. He his one of the fastest. He can throw punches, and dodge punches quicker than 99% of the other heroes.

Spider-man dodges bullets because of his spider sense. Kaine admittedly said he would get hit sooner or later due to his lack of spider sense. Wonder woman deflects bullets with her speed and eyesight alone. So is not slow.

She also claims to have super speed and reflexes due to her "muscle memory"

I honestly prefer she has no super speed, I get upset when I see images of her punching an oncoming flash at full speed.

Buuuuuut spider-man dodging abullet at point blaqnk rtange is cooler than her deflecting a bullet with braclet thingies.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898: Over all i think he's better, cooler, more interesting and so on lol. I just don't think she's as slow as people think. I think she's as fast as the story needs her to be :P

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@nick31898: Over all i think he's better, cooler, more interesting and so on lol. I just don't think she's as slow as people think. I think she's as fast as the story needs her to be :P

Buuuuuuttt spider-man is faster-fighting-wise.

She's a sexist idiot.

Darkseid011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Is say he beats hawkeye,black widow and iron man. He'd lose to Thor hulk and cap.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid011: *sigh* Crap is not beating Spidey for the majority

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

He is NOT faster than WW combat wised. She was granted the speed of hermes. Plus on top of that WW and Batman confirmed that she is faster than Superman combat wised.

Look, I dont like WW either, but She...just like Hulk...is WAAAAY out of the Amazing One league

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By w0nd

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

she was blessed by the gods, i think sh'es a faster fighter than a man spider lol but then again thor is slower then wolverine which is insane, could shit hit him due to his spider sense is another question entirely

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By frogdog

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@theacidskull said:

@nick31898 said:

@theacidskull said:

@nick31898: Hulk would Demolish Spider-man, No Contest.

Actually if hulk can't catch spidey, than what can he do?

Spider-man will get tired, hulk doesn't tire, at all, in fact the only thing spider-man can do is stall, his punches won't even affect the hulk.

Also, even if spider-man could get close enough to punch him, they would effect him a little. Spider-man is not weak.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I still own that comic

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@darkseid011: *sigh* Crap is not beating Spidey for the majority

Just calling him Crap instead of Cap is showing that you are not being objective. Cap is a very skilled fighter. I am sure that fight could go either way depending on the writer.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By visemoon

@spider11211: I call him Crap cause marvel allow him to get away with a lot of crap cause he wears the color of the American Flag.

Spidey beating Crap is the common sense answer. Regardless of how skilled Crap is, he is Peak Human with peak human speed, strength and agility against a Super Human opponent with super human speed, strength, agility, mobility, long range attacks and precog abilities to warn him of incoming attacks and perceive people as moving in slow motion .

The only way Crap wins the majority is if writers dumb Spidey down and down play his powers and abilities

So I ask you, if you had Spidey's abilities, how would you beat Crap?

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

No Caption Provided

Just came to say, that Hulk-Spidey moment always gets me sad.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

He is NOT faster than WW combat wised. She was granted the speed of hermes. Plus on top of that WW and Batman confirmed that she is faster than Superman combat wised.

Look, I dont like WW either, but She...just like Hulk...is WAAAAY out of the Amazing One league

. Ok, hold up. A. There is only one God. B. Spider-man is still faster fighting wise, as in throwing punches, and stuff, not necessarily in how fast he moves.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By NICK31898

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

she was blessed by the gods, i think sh'es a faster fighter than a man spider lol but then again thor is slower then wolverine which is insane, could shit hit him due to his spider sense is another question entirely

A man spider? Are you dissing spider-man? He is still a whole lot cooler than a "Sexist female, that got powers from gods" Yes she is faster when it comes to moving, but as in throwing punches, peed punches is one of spider-mans things.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By w0nd

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

A man spider? Are you dissing spider-man? He is still a whole lot cooler than a "Sexist female, that got powers from gods" Yes she is faster when it comes to moving, but as in throwing punches, peed punches is one of spider-mans things.

no im not dissing spider-man. I called him a man spider...that's what he is, a man with spider powers. I didn't say anything about him not being cooler. But just because my fave character is in a battle doesn't mean anything, I am just not biased. She was blessed with super speed by a god but she punches in slow? Makes sense. She can be a sexist, racist, biggot, doesn't change anything.

....those boxes are filled with spider-man collectibles I ran out of room for. i have six other boxes just like it. You're right I clearly hate spider man and I am dissing him

@nick31898 said:

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

. Ok, hold up. A. There is only one God. B. Spider-man is still faster fighting wise, as in throwing punches, and stuff, not necessarily in how fast he moves.

Olympian gods that blessed her:

Demeter

Athena

Artemis

Artemis

Hermes (speed)

Aphrodite

I count more than one

Hippolyta and Zeus,

One god there, but she is also able to use her fathers powers

No Caption Provided

and like i said she is able to see, look at and deflect bullets with her natural skill not some extra sense telling her when to get out of the way. I am sure a bullet moves faster than spider man. if she can catch a bullet and hit a bullet with her wrists then I am sure she can move her limbs fast enough to throw punches at the same speed.

Look at what shes doing, look at all of those she has to deflect in pretty much every direction. The only difference is they are tiny targets instead of opponents her size. Are you telling me she can move that fast and deflect pebble sized objects, but she cant move and puch that fast? Makes sense, she can move her arms fast enough to block and deflect but not block?
    Look at what shes doing, look at all of those she has to deflect in pretty much every direction. The only difference is they are tiny targets instead of opponents her size. Are you telling me she can move that fast and deflect pebble sized objects, but she cant move and puch that fast? Makes sense, she can move her arms fast enough to block and deflect but not block?
    one last thing to end my insane post.  Without his
    one last thing to end my insane post. Without his "spider sense" Stuff like this happens. A debris hit him in the face...not a speeding bullet but a large chunk of metal. When he lost his spider sense he kept getting tagged and hit and unable to catch things he normally would have with it. compared to wonder woman who it literally stopping bullets

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#117  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Beats: Captain America, Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Hawkeye, Manifold, Falcon, Wolverine, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Iron Man (50/50)

Loses: Hulk (although he can give him a hard time, Spidey just can't put him down), Thor, Hyperion, Captain (Ms.) Marvel (although I think he can win some fights, he'd lose a majority in my opinion)

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

no im not dissing spider-man. I called him a man spider...that's what he is, a man with spider powers. I didn't say anything about him not being cooler. But just because my fave character is in a battle doesn't mean anything, I am just not biased. She was blessed with super speed by a god but she punches in slow? Makes sense. She can be a sexist, racist, biggot, doesn't change anything.

....those boxes are filled with spider-man collectibles I ran out of room for. i have six other boxes just like it. You're right I clearly hate spider man and I am dissing him

@nick31898 said:

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

Demeter

Athena

Artemis

Artemis

Hermes (speed)

Aphrodite

I count more than one

Hippolyta and Zeus,

No Caption Provided

and like i said she is able to see, look at and deflect bullets with her natural skill not some extra sense telling her when to get out of the way. I am sure a bullet moves faster than spider man. if she can catch a bullet and hit a bullet with her wrists then I am sure she can move her limbs fast enough to throw punches at the same speed.

I was JK, about the dissing thing. I never said she punches slow, I said spider-man punches faster.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By visemoon

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

@nick31898 said:

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

Demeter

Athena

Artemis

Artemis

Hermes (speed)

Aphrodite

I count more than one

Hippolyta and Zeus,

No Caption Provided

I was JK, about the dissing thing. I never said she punches slow, I said spider-man punches faster.

But he doesn't punch faster than her...

No Caption Provided

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well spidey did take down a phoenix powered colossus and ilyana even tho he just outsmarted them i still consider that a win. Thor couldnt beat the phoenix five so maybe spidey has a chance to beat thor. That being said i dont think he could beat wolverine or hyperion.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well spidey did take down a phoenix powered colossus and ilyana even tho he just outsmarted them i still consider that a win. Thor couldnt beat the phoenix five so maybe spidey has a chance to beat thor. That being said i dont think he could beat wolverine or hyperion.

You dont think the Amazing One would beat Logan?! if you had Spidey's superhuman speed, superhuman strength, superhuman agility, spider sense, mobility and long range attacks (webbing) how would you beat Logan? I know how I would...

No Caption Provided

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

@nick31898 said:

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

Demeter

Athena

Artemis

Artemis

Hermes (speed)

Aphrodite

I count more than one

Hippolyta and Zeus,

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I give up. I admit defeat. But still if you think about it, the battle could go either way. Either Spider-man could web her eyes, and take advatage of her temperarily blindness, or she just, crushes him.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

@nick31898 said:

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

Demeter

Athena

Artemis

Artemis

Hermes (speed)

Aphrodite

I count more than one

Hippolyta and Zeus,

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I give up. I admit defeat. But still if you think about it, the battle could go either way. Either Spider-man could web her eyes, and take advatage of her temperarily blindness, or she just, crushes him.

No Caption Provided

Nope...sorry

Eric10956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The superior Spider-Man can outsmart anybody but he could probably beat thor and hulk because they're not very quick, and with all of Spider-Man's powers and gadgets here can probably beat most of the lesser known avengers.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

@nick31898 said:

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@w0nd said:

She's a sexist idiot.

Demeter

Athena

Artemis

Artemis

Hermes (speed)

Aphrodite

I count more than one

Hippolyta and Zeus,

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Nope...sorry

I'm talking about the ones that spider-man could win. Anyway, I find that a little rediculous, blocking bullets, not knowing where they are going to land.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id say it depends on a lot of factors, environment, prep time, why theyre fighting etc. But id say Spidey has a chance against anyone lower than Thor if he is allowed a chance to prepare.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By visemoon

@nick31898: just showing you that The Amazing One blinding her is not going to do anything. And when you say the fight could go either way, you are implying that Spidey can take 5/10 against her.

A true Spidey fan would know when he is totally outmatch. This is one of those times

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By visemoon

@eric10956: when you say Spidey beats Thor or Hulk, you are implying that he takes the majority out on 10 fights. I'm probably the biggest Spidey Fanboy on this site and I know just about everything he can and has done. Trust me, Spidey is not beating Thor or Hulk for any kind of majority

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#130 SC  Moderator

Only Daredevil could give Spider-man trouble, because he is the only Avenger that is already use to fighting blind. Everyone else Spider-man would take heavy majority because thip thip, twap twap, two to the eyes, one to the mouth, spider webbing will take out Thor, Hulk, Sentry, D-Man, Hyperion. You can't hit what you can see and then they are just sitting ducks for Spider-man to beat to near death.

I mean ducks are birds and there are some Spider's that eat birds hence Spider-man > Avenger Ducks. Plus if Spider-man is really not holding back not only can he blind the Avengers, he can drown them with web fluid. How will Thor use his hammer when he is holding his throat gasping for life. How can Hulk get angry when he is sad because he is dying. Sure Wolverine can try and cut the webbing out of his throat, but then he will be cutting up his throat and dying even faster.

Like I said though Daredevil will give Spider-man some trouble so Spider-man will have to hide under his bed and get him in the morning when he goes to have his morning shave.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

Only Daredevil could give Spider-man trouble, because he is the only Avenger that is already use to fighting blind. Everyone else Spider-man would take heavy majority because thip thip, twap twap, two to the eyes, one to the mouth, spider webbing will take out Thor, Hulk, Sentry, D-Man, Hyperion. You can't hit what you can see and then they are just sitting ducks for Spider-man to beat to near death.

I mean ducks are birds and there are some Spider's that eat birds hence Spider-man > Avenger Ducks. Plus if Spider-man is really not holding back not only can he blind the Avengers, he can drown them with web fluid. How will Thor use his hammer when he is holding his throat gasping for life. How can Hulk get angry when he is sad because he is dying. Sure Wolverine can try and cut the webbing out of his throat, but then he will be cutting up his throat and dying even faster.

Like I said though Daredevil will give Spider-man some trouble so Spider-man will have to hide under his bed and get him in the morning when he goes to have his morning shave.

If that was true Spider-Man would web every villain in the eyes, that is easier said than done. Does the web travel faster than a bullet...not so good luck hitting cap with that.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By SC  Moderator

@spider11211: Its because the writers don't respect Spider-man. Webs can travel faster than bullets, it depends on how Spider-man shapes the web when they come out. Different bullets travel at different speeds so Spider-man just needs to shape them like the faster bullets to be faster than other bullets. Cap after all died for a bit by being shot by a bullet, its not like he can avoid all bullets ever. Spidey just needs to web shape bullets like the one that killed him. Then he will die again (but only of Spider-man is going all out which he wouldn't to his friend)

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By spider11211

@sc: Just to be fair the bullet was at close range and unexpected. Maybe the web could be faster....I am just saying that to be fair it may not be an exact science.

The term any given Sunday comes to mind.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 SC  Moderator
    spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

870.gif

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: ummm...Hulk and Thor would just tear the webbing off...like they have done before. Spidey not beating Thor or Hulk

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By SC  Moderator

@visemoon: That was only Spider-man's diluted spider fluid. If Spider-man ever unleashed the more potent web fluid even the Hulk and Thor using their combined strength together at the same time, would be able to get the webbing off their eyes. Not without pulling their eyes off but Spider-man would never go that far plus it could only be in a Marvel Max book.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By visemoon

@sc: No it wasn't diluted. Now you are making up stuff. Spidey has encased Hulk in 2 full cartridge of webbing a Hulk got out of it. Spidey is not beat Hulk or Thor with his webbing

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 SC  Moderator
    visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By visemoon

@sc: making up stuff like saying his webbing was diluted when Hulk tore it off him. Unless you can prove that it was, but I seriously doubt that. Spidey his not beating Hulk or Thor with webbing.

In Spidey's Own words when Hulk tore off his webbing "My webbing's been known for holding Rhino for hours and Hulk tore through it like paper"

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By SC  Moderator
    w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By w0nd

@bigtewell said:

No Caption Provided

spider was scared of a weaker thor clone, he didn't even try to fight him, SMART move on his part and one of the best scenes involving spider-man I can think of . Second fave is when he asks Ai Apaec if he has a "spider sense" then he replies "whats a spider sen...." then he gets hit off panel and then spidey turns to the reader and says aint I a stinker. One of the best troll moments in a spidey coment to date.

@nick31898 "I'm talking about the ones that spider-man could win. Anyway, I find that a little rediculous, blocking bullets, not knowing where they are going to land."

That's the thing they are implying she is that good that she can not only block them but ricochet them perfectly where ever she wants. Her thinking speed and reaction time would have to be insanely high to do this, especially when they are random machine gun bursts.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By w0nd

The superior Spider-Man can outsmart anybody but he could probably beat thor and hulk because they're not very quick, and with all of Spider-Man's powers and gadgets here can probably beat most of the lesser known avengers.

depends what hulk we are talking about. sometimes he is just a banner with roid rage.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@nick31898: just showing you that The Amazing One blinding her is not going to do anything. And when you say the fight could go either way, you are implying that Spidey can take 5/10 against her.

A true Spidey fan would know when he is totally outmatch. This is one of those times

I meant that the ones that Spidey could win, i say WW wins 8-9/10. But there is always a chance.

It is going to do something, gunshots are loud, spidey is not.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

I meant that the ones that Spidey could win, i say WW wins 8-9/10. But there is always a chance.

No Caption Provided

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

there is definitely a chance. But when he goes up against people who can level cities by punching the street he's always seemed to just barely get away. I respect that about him the most, he knows when he's going to die, but he still keeps on going, and then flukes out.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@visemoon said:

@nick31898 said:

@visemoon said:

No Caption Provided

I said Spider-man only wins 1/10. sheesh

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@nick31898 said:

@visemoon said:

there is definitely a chance. But when he goes up against people who can level cities by punching the street he's always seemed to just barely get away. I respect that about him the most, he knows when he's going to die, but he still keeps on going, and then flukes out.

Yeah, that's something I think makes him win in a lot of fights. Just when you think he is going tot give up, because he is outmatched, he keeps fighting.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.