Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

which actor would you like to see play peter/spiderman next?

• 51 results
    MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i really love garfield's performance of the chgaracter as he showed alot of emotions and the way he captures spiderman's sense of humor and light heartedness. even in interviews he acted just like peter. i would love to see him interact with characters like RDJ's iron man for a little while since he's in his thirties and it would be weird for a 39 year old man playing a character in his late 20s. so if marvel does get the rights back it'd be wonderful if dylan o'brian could play the character since he was enjoyable to sit through in teen wolf and is revealed to be a huge fan of the character. who do you want to see play as the character next?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

anyone who is talented in 5-10 years.

its impossible to say man. Even assuming (doubt its going to happen) Garfield doesn't resign for ASM 4, we're still talking 2018 before we see the next dude. There's no way to tell who will be a good choice in 4 years.

And since I highly doubt he isn't going to resign even longer.

also inb4haters.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

its impossible to say man. Even assuming (doubt its going to happen) Garfield doesn't resign for ASM 4, we're still talking 2018 before we see the next dude. There's no way to tell who will be a good choice in 4 years.

also inb4haters.

His movies aren't grossing as much as the 3 tobey maguire movies so far. I doubt Sony will continue to risk that chance to keep him. A reboot with a new actor would be a better option alternatively.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@ascended said:

@fallschirmjager said:

also inb4haters.

His movies aren't grossing as much as the 3 tobey maguire movies so far. I doubt Sony will continue to risk that chance to keep him. A reboot with a new actor would be a better option alternatively.

Oh you again. Lol.

I shouldn't even bother responding but I will.

Tobey's movies had almost zero competition when they came out. They were also the first movies.

Not to mention, you say as if back to back 700m~ (or whatever the exact number is) movies aren't making money. That's crazy amounts of cash. There is no risk.

If you ask any studio on the planet to make a movie and tell them they will make 700m guaranteed they make the movie every time.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ascended

@fallschirmjager said:

@ascended said:

@fallschirmjager said:

also inb4haters.

Oh you again. Lol.

I shouldn't even bother responding but I will.

Tobey's movies had almost zero competition when they came out. They were also the first movies.

Not to mention, you say as if back to back 700m+ movies aren't making money. That's crazy amounts of cash. There is no risk.

If you ask any studio on the planet to make a movie and tell them they will make 700m guaranteed they make the movie every time.

Not that you will agree or anything.

Not responding to this post. Have a nice day. :)

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@ascended: lol.

Comic book movies release in 2002

Spider-Man 2.

Blade 2.

Comic book movies release in 2004

Blade Trinity

Spider-Man 2

Catwoman

Hellboy

Comic book movies release in 2007

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Spider-Man 3

Ghost Rider

Comic book movies release in 2012

Amazing Spider-Man

The Dark Knight Rises

The Avengers

Ghost Rider 2

Comic book movies release in 2014

X-Men DOFP

ASM2

Cap 2

GotG

...the competition is like little league vs MLB between the two.

And again. You think 700m~ is risky? Okay. Whatever.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valdemocnij

Alex Pettyfer

No Caption Provided

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ascended

@fallschirmjager: Those other superhero movies that you listed for 2002 and 2004 weren't as successful as Spider-man was and the character was more popular than Hulk, DareDevil, and Ghost Rider during that time. How is that no competition?

Bye. Lol

@ Marvel man 92, I'm fine with any other actors, just as long as it is not Andrew.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: andrew is a fine actor and has won plenty of awards. i just wonder wh's gonna be the new guy

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: Fine actor isn't good enough to make up for the fact that he never crossed my mind once as Spider-man. #next

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: that actor from stardust never crossed my mind to play as daredevil but i know he's gonna turn out fine

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex Pettyfer

No Caption Provided

not him, i saw him in alex rider, he was a bad actor and the film was really bad.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Valdemocnij
    flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By flameboy298

Probably any actor who's in his mid to early 20's by 2024 or so...Thats usually the age range they cast for him

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@valdemocnij:

Loading Video...

Alex Pettyfyr is literally one of the worst actors in Hollywood today. Hasn't had a single performance that even reached the level of O.K...Not to mention NONE of those performances were REMOTLEY similar to Peter Parker.

My casting pick is easy...Max Thierot. He's highly underrated and awesome at playing the nerdy social outcast and has done well with a few comedy roles. He's a bit of a slight no-name, but he could honestly be the best Spider-Man ever if given the chance.

No Caption Provided

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: When we have a third actor like Max or Dylan, watch these comic fans go around and put them above Andrew. LOL, the pattern with Tobey/Andrew comparison will continue.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: I actually LOVED Tobey as Spider-Man, and Garfield was pretty damn good as Peter in AMS2 (Not so much in AMS1), but Thierot would stomp them both.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ascended

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Me too, I liked Tobey also (which is why I don't give two shits about people who put Andrew above him). But watch.. comic book fans are going to be biased when we have a third actor.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Spideysense44

Whoever is the next big young upcoming actor n a couple years

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Yeah, I've been DYING to see Max Thierot play Spidey since his AWESOME performance in My Soul To Take...HIGHLY underrated slasher movie BTW.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ascended

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: For now, the Raimi trilogy with Tobey is my Spider-man so far, until we get another great Spider-man movie again with another actor and quality film that isn't rushed, that is when I will move on from the past.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Valdemocnij

I got it... i have idea... if will be parody on spider-man then will Will Poulter be great as Peter :)

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one as of now

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely... Will Poulter ! Idk... but i see something dark line in his character which can be Peter Parker... but maybe i'm in wrong...

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valdemocnij said:

Definitely... Will Poulter ! Idk... but i see something dark line in his character which can be Peter Parker... but maybe i'm in wrong...

Will Poulter would be great, I think he could be a kick-ass Spider-Man. Not just saying that because he shares my first name...Still think Max Thierot is a little better though. Maybe cast Poulter as Harry Osborne and Thierot as Peter?

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valdemocnij said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26:

What about Max Thieriot as Edie Brock ? And Harry can be - Graham Patrick Martin.

If they go for a more nerdy, geeky Eddie Brock who BECOMES the iron pumping badass we know and love, I'd be all for it.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Anyone that can beat Andrew's performance as Spidey in ASM2. Easily the best on screen appearance of the character on film.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ninjablade09

@ascended: Sure. I'll get back to you later tonight though. Have to re-watch Spider-Man 2 to have a full analysis for Tobey. Do you want the comparison solely on the performance alone, or do you want my opinion on the writing as well?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@ninjablade09: You don't need to re-watch SM2 to anylise Tobey .....

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ascended

@ninjablade09: Either one or both is fine.

Where did my comment go..? lol

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Probably subtract the writing, would berate both actors.

I don't know. Must be a glitch, was there earlier, happens sometimes.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Alright so after watching Spider-Man 2, I would still probably say I like Andrew better.

The reason why is the way he sells emotion. I not only feel it through facial expression, but also through posture, the way he moves and such, which I feel is something you need when playing Spider-Man because they're going to have to wear the mask at times. Between his posture and voice, you understand how he's feeling in costume. Now that's not to say Tobey doesn't sell emotion. I think he's can easily make you understand how he is feeling in the role with a simple expression, most specifically when he feels conflicted. It's just I never feel Spider-Man has a different emotion unless he spoke or the angle they were using (that's more toward the costume design.)

Something Tobey did a lot better one, was I never had a moment where I would think, wow that sounded bad. This is like the lines were bad or the timing was wrong, it's just the way Andrew would say it. Most predominant scene is when him and Harry are throwing rocks. '

I think both actors had great interactions with their respective supporting cast, especially with Aunt May. Though Tobey doesn't really have any chemistry with Dunst, but that's a casting problem.

Honestly for me it all comes down to showing emotion. I feel both are great at doing it as Peter, they both are great at showing the frustration and conflict Peter has. But Tobey falters at showing how he feels in costume, as he looks very stiff, when walking around, and relied too much on the camera angles for the eyes to show it.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ascended

@ninjablade09: So is it only the posture that separates Andrew from Tobey that makes you think Andrew is still better in the end or are there more? And by how much better is he compared to him? (Based on Spider-man 2 vs The Amazing Spider-man 2)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ninjablade09

@ascended: For Spider-Man yes, but to me that's a large deciding factor. For you it might be a minor thing. I feel posture in suit is important, due to the restrictions of Spidey's mask as it always has one emotion if you look dead on. So posture really helps emphasise for dead on moments. Camera angles helps as well, and I think it really helped for Tobey, because the suit made him always look pissed( though that did help the alley suit up, and the scene when he saves Harry and they stare at each other by making it look more badass)

For their respective roles in their movies I'd give Tobey an 8.5/10 and Andrew a 9/10.

But that's how I feel about performances alone. I like Andrew's Spider-Man a lot more as a character, when we factor in writing because I can relate to him more. While I don't like the parent's sub-plot, for what it's worth, it does add a more relatable element to Peter. To me one of the biggest faults in Spider-Man 2's writing was that he had all this character development and it led him straight back to where he was in Spider-Man 1. I liked the idea of the idea of learning humility in Spider-Man 3, but that was a mess and lost eventually. I very much liked Spidey's portrayal in 3, because it felt more like him. The movie had problems at first but it only really started going downhill after the Subway fight. The first Sandman fight is easily my second favorite scene in the trilogy, loved that Spidey had this sense of arrogance.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ascended

@ninjablade09: Can I just make a comment? I didn't like Andrew's acting or the movie itself for TASM 1. I think Tobey did much better with his acting in Spider-man 1 and Tobey's first movie was less than a Christopher Nolan's Batman film. So can we just say that so far it's a tie between the two? Spider-man 1/Amazing Spider-man 1 - Tobey wins it, and Spider-man 2/Amazing Spider-man 2 - Andrew wins it ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Donald for Spider man.
    Donald for Spider man.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: That's fairly reasonable. Though, I don't want me to fully dominate your opinion, I suggest you see ASM2 to make up your mind to see if that's how you want to look at it. I personally put their roles in their first movies on par. Both showed a layer of the emotion they were meant to. I think Andrew showed the pain, and struggle it is to be who he is, but I think Tobey nailed the happy go-lucky , I love doing this, but it's a dangers to those I love thing they had going on.

Though I will say this, Tobey's best role will always be Spider-Man, while Andrew best role will always be Eduardo from Social Network, unless they really pull something great from the next to movies. But both actors will probably most known for playing Spider-Man though. They are very much like Christopher Daniel Barnes and Josh Keaton.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ascended

@ninjablade09: Interesting. How long have you been reading Spider-man comic books for?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: About roughly 8 years now, started mid-2006.

ADude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ADude

Liam Hemsworth

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I would love to see Andrew as Peter. He did fantastic in the second movie, and I want to see him and Chris Evan's Cap have a conversation about...anything. But pipe dreams.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I would love to see Andrew as Peter. He did fantastic in the second movie, and I want to see him and Chris Evan's Cap have a conversation about...anything. But pipe dreams.

Marvel will put their own Peter.
    One downside to them getting the rights back

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2014/12/13/more-details-of-sonys-spider-man-plans-from-hacked-e-mails/comment-page-1/#comment-482640

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Just do what Ghost Rider did and make it really vague whether it's a sequel or a reboot

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give him a show on Netflix.

I really hope TASM 1and 2 get both directors cut versions. Them and abdrew garfield really need it. It'd really be kind of marvel to do that.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By PaperDemon

logan lerman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.