Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Where Superior Spider-man went wrong

• 57 results
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spock's downfall will be none other that Mayday Parker(Venom). She'll be joining the Uncanny Avengers. It's only a matter of time until the big showdown begins.

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Awesome blog Strider and the reasons you gave here are among the most valid of why people dislike Superior Spider-Man. There's too much inconsistency and poor execution of such concepts here. For me, I lost faith in Superior from issue 5 where SpOck killed Massacre and made it seem like Otto's methods were SUPERIOR to Peter's in some depraved way. The straw that broke the camel's back was the atrocity that was issue 9 and I love how you deal with Slott's point that Peter isn't a saint. Regardless of his imperfections, he would never let anyone die so he could live. He would give up everything to save anyone and Slott's failure to understand this undermines his run even more.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@soduh2 said:

I mentioned this before, Ghost Peter is a combination of Peter's memories and Otto's perception of who Peter is. "Of course inferior Parker would do/say/think that".

But if that was the case then how was he capable of conscious thought and selective behavior? If it had been just Ock's perception of Peter then Pete shouldn't have been able to access Otto's own memories or even take control of his body. A memory after all is still just a memory and regardless of how you remember it Peter was still doing things more akin to an Astral Projection than just a simple memory.

Peter died in Doc Ock's body and went to "heaven". However, it turns out that heaven was just Peter's own subconscious waking him up, all the apparently independent people there were Peter's memories of them (Silver Saber was there but she's actually alive according to Julia, etc).
    I'm saying Ghost Peter is Otto's own "dream Peter" combined with the legitimate Parker memories.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@thecheesestabber said:

Where it went wrong for me was when he attacked Jester and Screwball, it was such a violent and brutal attack.

It just felt wrong even for villans

I know it seems odd but that seems one of the most justifiable reactions i've seen from SpOck lol. Otto always had anger issues and did blow the hook quite often. Also toss in the fact he has this past trauma about bulling and public humiliation he's effectively just lashing out because he feels vulnerable.

It may seem strange but I thought that was one of the very rare moments Dan Slott actually captured who Otto was.

I dont know he just slashed them up so bad I felt sick

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@punyparker said:

@thecheesestabber said:

Where it went wrong for me was when he attacked Jester and Screwball, it was such a violent and brutal attack.

It just felt wrong even for villans

For me it went wrong when Peter explored Ock's memories of May "kissing" Otto before the wedding....but that's just me.

I felt angered that the scene was longer >.>

I believe you meant to write "wasn't longer".......otherwise i dont get what you're trying to say.......you shade-glassed donkey.....why you even bother writing!?!...HUH!!??....

What just cause Im a Donkey Means I shouldnt write?

YES!!

I'm a racist that way.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By comedy_brosUSA

The Ghost Peter never really was the actual Peter from pre 700. only memories of Peter. so would that make Ock battling "his" own subconscious. I realized Pete wasn't exactly back, but I never realized the battling his subconscious thing till now.

rajabuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: @cadencev2: honestly if they wanted a Superior Spider-man then they shoulda brought back this guy:

No Caption Provided

If they made an ongoing based on the Black Ops version of Spider-man i'd be on that so fast!

I love that story

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.