Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

When Peter Parker returns do you want Superior to end?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

This may seem like an odd question but with the return of Amazing Spider-man in April do you want Superior to end with it? Thus far all we know is Peter is coming back not that SpOck is gone and there has been no word on canceling Superior.

What i'm asking is if there was a way to have both SpOck and Peter (don't ask me how I have no clue) would you be opposed to having that series still running? I mean now that Venom and Scarlet Spider (*sobs*) have been cancelled the niche is now open for another Spider-book. Would you like Superior to fill that void?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I don't think Superior would be as good as it was, but if they decide to put Ock in a clone body I'll give it a shot.

NightHaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NightHaunter

The only way I think it would make sense at this point is if Peter starred in both.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I wouldn't read it, even if it did. Kaine/Flash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SpOck

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think that it would be really dumb to either have Ock die or go back to being a villain....for the whole Superior thing to really matter Ock and Peter need to come out of this changed for the better....Peter should realize that he wasn't living up to his potential and see the actual good things that Ock has done with his life like getting his doctorate, starting a company, and still having time for personal relationships....Ock should come out of this realizing that he wasted his life as a villain and see the good he can do for the world as a hero

Angrymeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'd like it to continue I've actually really enjoyed the series but honestly I'd rather him die than become a villain again if it ends

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

I've read rumors -note they are only rumors- that when Peter returns in ASM, SSM will continue on with DocOck. What hero identity, civilian identity, and body he'll be using is unknown though.

@danhimself said:

I think that it would be really dumb to either have Ock die or go back to being a villain....for the whole Superior thing to really matter Ock and Peter need to come out of this changed for the better....Peter should realize that he wasn't living up to his potential and see the actual good things that Ock has done with his life like getting his doctorate, starting a company, and still having time for personal relationships....Ock should come out of this realizing that he wasted his life as a villain and see the good he can do for the world as a hero

Perfectly said. You saved me the trouble of typing my opinion :P

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@arturocalakayvee: It better not be Miguel's body or I will flip my sh*t!

I don't think they're going to do another body swap like that…I hope not…I mean Miguel is still in the present…so who knows? I'm somewhat hoping Ock goes into a cloned body, either of Peter or of himself (but in shape) or possibly an LMD?

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been saying for a while and hearing little bits of rumors so take this with a grain of salt....

When Peter returns to Amazing, Miguel O'Hara will be in Superior taking over that mantle I'm not sure if he should keep some of the tech and suit. Maybe making his own changes to it, he was the CEO of Alchemax so he could even be involved in running Parker Industries while Peter deals with cleaning up Ock's mess.

As for Doc Ock I think he should sacrifice his existence in Peter's body so that Peter can regain control and defeat Ock. Ock is gone for a while with someone possibly replacing him.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Yes I want it to end. Even if it didn't I lost any interest of reading about Otto Octavius. I honestly would not be opposed to Ock dying off permanently. Does that mean it's gonna happen? No Slott's made too much money out of this. So they'll most likely do something to make him another Anti-hero but I'd rather read about anyone else. Scarlet Spider was leagues above Superior in terms of quality.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@strider92: Want or not,i think it will continue.......it's a big cash grab,dont think Marvel will end it.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Yes, I want it to end. I think I'm with the minority in this one, cause I really miss the villain.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd really rather not see it end. I've loved Superior since the start and, while I'm delighted to see Peter coming back, I'd hate to see it end. As for Otto, I hope he doesn't die, but if he does survive, he can't go back to being a villain. So much progress was made with his character in Superior, that it would be a shame to see him revert back to his old ways.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By frogdog

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By angelalfonso

@frogdog: Pretty much this, and we all know who should stand and who should fall

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SSM should have never been around anyway. I say let the turd sink.

BDog23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Keep Ock around in some capacity, perhaps throw him in the living Brain.

Opunaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SSM should have never been around anyway. I say let the turd sink.

Here here! I totally agree. SpOck's had his 'fun' at the expense of a good character, time to flush.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: i understand. It was pretty dumb but the art was good.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes please I want Ock to return back to villain or anti villain whichever the case be. It will be good to let this turd of a title end its only fitting really it brought about the worse fan base around the fakes and indie fans. It will be good to bring back some semblance of normalcy again.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

To each their own, to me, story>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>art.

same here, while I do appreciate the art and look forward to some artists work, I almost always enjoy the story more than the art.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Nope, Superior Spider-Man should be eradicated from Marvel's line up given how disrespectful it was to the Spider-Man mythos. Issue 9 alone justifies my claim wholeheartedly. It simply does not work in 616 canon as Slott's execution of the concept has blatantly shown beyond reasonable doubt.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman said:

@theacidskull said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

To each their own, to me, story>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>art.

same here, while I do appreciate the art and look forward to some artists work, I almost always enjoy the story more than the art.

Exactly, tho good artwork will boost my enjoyment a lot. In all likelihood I'd give a comic a 0 out 5 even if it had gorgeous art but sh*t story, while I'd give a story 5/5 simply for the story alone in an opposite case.

that's truth, and if both are excellent 7/5 lol

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, superior should end, and for all of you who say Otto shouldn't go back to be a villain ,it pretty obvious that Otto never stop being one, he is not even an anti hero he became an anti villain at best.

AdwePL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, lets don't forget that Doc Ock is also really known character and part of popculture . If you will ask anyone not really much interested in Spidey about 3 villains He will probably go : Ock, Goblin, Venom.
    I think that Ock should go to a cloned body of Peter or something like that, maybe he will get he's own young body with spider powers ? I dont know. But Peter's return is MOST AWESOME thing in comics lately, and I cant freakin wait for April :D

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jonez_

I don't like the idea of SpOck and Peter coexisting one bit.

I wouldn't mind Ock dying, not now, but down the road.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.