Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

When Peter met Miles

Darknom2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Darknom2
    No Caption Provided

"For the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man, what everyone was looking for was a Spider-Man story that mattered. Well, here you go." Brian Michael Bendis

Peter Parker (616) is going to meet Miles Morales (1610) in a new upcoming five-issue miniseries.

"Ultimate Comics Spider-Man" writer Brian Michael Bendis, who with artist Sarah Pichelli introduced the world to Morales, the new African American-Latino Spider-Man after the death of Ultimate Spider-Man (1610 Peter) are going to be the creative team

"Someone had once said to me, 'When I was a Kid, I could only play Spider-Man, I couldn’t play Batman or Superman because my friends would say you’re not the same color, but I could play Spider-Man because when I fantasized about Spider-Man, he looked like me under the mask,'" Bendis continued. "That was a big inspiration."

"Spider-Men," by Bendis and Pichelli, debuts in July.

Oh...and there's that - the two universes will not cross over as that would signify that Marvel had "officially run out of ideas". Joe Quesada

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By fodigg

Eh. I remember when they first crossed over Spidey 2099 with Peter Parker. Their idea was that they just woke up in each other's beds. I'm not expecting much as far as creative reasoning for this. (Although I did applaud that they went with Parker and not Ben Reilly, who was Spider-Man at the time.)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

...Not sure about this...

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By VictorGrey

So peter comes back from the dead or what?

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Super_Gui_1

Could be good.

Avatar image for notquitevarsity
    notquitevarsity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By notquitevarsity

is this 616 peter? if not maybe miles goes back in time or something. i'm a huge miles fan so color me excited.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Kallarkz

@VictorGrey said:

So peter comes back from the dead or what?

it say 616..

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By VictorGrey

@Kallarkz: uh, huh.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skaddix

I am not sure is fair to crucify Joe Q for comments he made 7 years ago. Not to mention bigger fish to fry with Marvel.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Strider1992

The Ultimate writers said that 616 Spider-man and Ultimate Spider-man would only meet when they ran out of good ideas...........I guess it was inevitable.........

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By mewmdude77

I'm excited for this! It's always fun to see alternative universes react to each other, and maybe Miles meeting the real older Peter Parker will mature him, and see how he should act as a super hero, since seeing 616 Peter is like looking into how 1610 Peter would have grown up to be

SlackerGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SlackerGuy

The new Ultimate Spider-man series is so bland right now, Bendis has lost his touch. But this has to be an all new low :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.