Whats your favorite issue of Spider-Man?

#1 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the movie came out I've been kinda Spider-Man Nostalgic so I was wondering wich issue do you guys like the best for the writer, the art, or whatever

the Amazing Spider-Man#655 by Dan Slott art by Marcos Martin

this issue made me cry(in a cool way)

#2 Posted by nickzambuto (14130 posts) - - Show Bio

What was that issue about?

#3 Posted by Replicant0658 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Avenging Spider-man # 1

Zeb Wells, Joe Madureira, Spidey teaming up with Red Hulk, boom done gameover!

Need I say more?

#4 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Replicant0658 said:

Avenging Spider-man # 1

Zeb Wells, Joe Madureira, Spidey teaming up with Red Hulk, boom done gameover!

Need I say more?

OH YEAH!

#6 Posted by Deadcool (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW, I have a lot.... Seriously A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of those, so I would make a list of the first 10 issues that come to my mind:

1. Amazing Fantasy 15 - Origin story, but it has the most recognized elements on the character, is just SO COOL.
  2. Amazing Spider-man 33 - One of the elements of Spider-man character is that he never gives up, this was the very first issue where we saw Peter's willpower, such a masterpiece, and over the years we would see that again and again.
  3. Ultimate Spider-man 131 - "I saw a hero", JJJ said that, and I was amazed.
  4. Amazing Spider-man 527 - I find it cool, I would re-read that issue right now.
  5. Amazing Spider-man 500 - One of the greatest issues in the JMS's run.
  6. Amazing Spider-man 542 - Spider-man beating the crap of the kingpin, seriously I enjoyed all the Back in Black storyline.
  7. Ultimate Spider-man 89 - I like every issue on Ultimate Spider-man vol 1, but this one was different, and I love that detail.
  8. Amazing Spider-man 656 - NO ONE DIES!!
  9. Ultimate Comics Spider-man 160 - It was a great piece, because it was 10 issues before the death of Peter Parker in the ultimate universe, this issue had some kind of power.
  10. Marvel Knights Spider-man 11 - Such an epic issue.
#7 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

What was that issue about?

it goes over all the characters that have died in spiderman and peter vows "no one dies"

#8 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

I've recently started reading Avenging Spiderman (I got into it simply because it was in Spiderman Season 1)

But any issue that stars Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat is an instant fav.

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

Why this one? It's nowhere near as good as the previous Venom issues.

Is it because of the art/cover?

#10 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@CrimsonCake said:

Why this one? It's nowhere near as good as the previous Venom issues.

Is it because of the art/cover?

I remember reading this as a kid,So nostalgia once again prevails.This and some other Ultimate Spider man comic book I can't remember.

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk if it's my favorite... But one of them is the one with the tailor.

People who've read it will know exactly the issue I'm talking about, lol.

#12 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple yet brilliant story.

The whole 'Sometimes you don't have to be a superhero to save the day' concept.

#13 Posted by Deadcool (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Do you mean Leo Zelinsky? He appears in 2 issues of Amazing Spider-man.

#14 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-man #36 9/11

still makes me tear up.

#15 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtrakos said:

Amazing Spider-man #36 9/11

still makes me tear up.

me to

#16 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man 121 (Gwen Stacy's death) or 129 (introducing The Punisher)

#17 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14954 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the confrontation. the art. The way they described each other, at the beginning kingpin told Peter that he was a chump for trusting the goverment, and peter then describes as just a fat man with a attitude, a ballon that is eventually going to get popped by a needle and peter was the needle. and then when kingpin is in the floor he all beaten up, peter picks him up and slaps and tell him that he was going to die by him putting a stream of webbing through his throat and he was going to suffocate in 1..2...3 and then throws him on the floor and tells him that he was going to kill him but not today, that he did something worse than that because he beat him and everyone saw it in the prison and their friends will tell their friends and so on and on. and that it will tear him apart deep inside, and that the moment his aunt dies he was going to count 1...2..3 and then he be dead and meanwhile he will live with the humiliation of the moment, and then warn everybody in the prison If anyone tries to hurt his family they will experience what just happened first hand and then they will die.

#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Grim Hunt #4, can't remember the exact ASM number. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.