Whats Wrong with Peter Parker

#1 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio

First Ultimate universe kills Peter and gets Miles now Doc Ock replaces Peter????? I don't understand

#2 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

That's good ol fashion Marvel story ideas for you :-/

#3 Posted by 80sBaby (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing's wrong with Peter. It's called "doing something different" or "telling a story."

#4 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing at all. Aside from making Satanic deals. In all seriousness though Peter got shafted in the mainstream universe!!!!!!

At least he died with dignity and it felt natural in the Ultimate universe!! He got a huge funeral, people showing up to pay their respects, and most importantly his friends KNOWING he died!!!!

#5 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: He died with like, NO dignity in 616, I can't imagine a worse way to die- All your loved ones glaring at you with hateful eyes, knowing that your nemesis is running around in your body and is able to harm your loved ones who didn't even mourn you at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... But he'll be back, he's WAAAAAY too valuable to be gone long........ I think........

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel hates him!

#7 Posted by Shadowsnake89 (408 posts) - - Show Bio

Eventually one of his friends or family will be able to figure out Doc Ock is not the real Peter and then someone will fix this mess.

#8 Posted by comicace3 (3467 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel wants peter to be immortalized by making him return from the dead.... or switch back to his own body...

#9 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

Marvel wants peter to be immortalized by making him return from the dead.... or switch back to his own body...

Thats a really good way to put it! I'd bet pretty much anything you're right!

#10 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem is Joe Quesada. He refuses to let Spider-Man grow and change in a logically fashion, and would instead kill him off or have him make deals with the devil in a desperate attempt to keep him in the state of arrested development that Joe prefers.

#11 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Marvel hates him!

#12 Posted by Clone of me (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde: You are so right about that of Joe thinking Spider-Man can only stay in one state of growth and after a while even if you have others believing this mostly writers and sales still drop isn't something just wrong? Of course it is and the readers are tired of a story that's at a standstill so they leave. Marvel should just fire him I believe, especially since he's not the editor in chief anymore! and like Stan Lee would say Nuff Said!!!!

#13 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man is dead in two universes, sort of. Doc is Peter. And that's what it is. Nuff said.

#14 Posted by PaperDemon (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing. Its just something new the writers wanted to try out.

#15 Posted by silverageguy (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

Nothing's wrong with Peter. It's called "doing something different" or "telling a story."

What is wrong with Peter Parker? The answer is easy...Joe Quesada, Dan Slot and the editorial board at Marvel is whats wrong! Only a bunch of morons like them could come up with such an outrageously horrible story arc. They just keep creating mess after mess. The Peter Parker I grew up with in the 60's and 70's dissapeared a long time ago.

#16 Posted by 80sBaby (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverageguy: Dude, if you're complaining that a character's not the same as he/she was 40-50 years ago, I say it's time to get over it and move on. Things change. And "outrageously horrible?" Hyperbole much?? The story just started so how could you (or anybody esle for that matter) know how good/bad it will be?

#17 Posted by silverageguy (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clone of me said:

@Moonchilde: You are so right about that of Joe thinking Spider-Man can only stay in one state of growth and after a while even if you have others believing this mostly writers and sales still drop isn't something just wrong? Of course it is and the readers are tired of a story that's at a standstill so they leave. Marvel should just fire him I believe, especially since he's not the editor in chief anymore! and like Stan Lee would say Nuff Said!!!!

I couldnt agree more!

#18 Posted by PunyParker (8848 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Marvel hates him!

Yeah!,he hasnt brought any money over the years,and they want to get rid of him!!

#19 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

it was either retirement or death. they tried retire him but it didn't work. Besides they would have other cruel plans on Spidey they felt he has had enough. let some time pass so he he can get head together. he made deal with the devil so there is a clue he needs to stop. He needs intervention because you things can be worst if he doesn't stop. Maybe they will tell him if was real or a clone or something else. besides Scarlet Spider can take it from here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.