Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Whats Wrong with Peter Parker

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By X

First Ultimate universe kills Peter and gets Miles now Doc Ock replaces Peter????? I don't understand

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xblah_blahx

That's good ol fashion Marvel story ideas for you :-/

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 80sBaby

Nothing's wrong with Peter. It's called "doing something different" or "telling a story."

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Nothing at all. Aside from making Satanic deals. In all seriousness though Peter got shafted in the mainstream universe!!!!!!

At least he died with dignity and it felt natural in the Ultimate universe!! He got a huge funeral, people showing up to pay their respects, and most importantly his friends KNOWING he died!!!!

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Earth616

@Smart_Dork_Dude: He died with like, NO dignity in 616, I can't imagine a worse way to die- All your loved ones glaring at you with hateful eyes, knowing that your nemesis is running around in your body and is able to harm your loved ones who didn't even mourn you at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... But he'll be back, he's WAAAAAY too valuable to be gone long........ I think........

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Strider1992

Marvel hates him!

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Shadowsnake89

Eventually one of his friends or family will be able to figure out Doc Ock is not the real Peter and then someone will fix this mess.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By comicace3

Marvel wants peter to be immortalized by making him return from the dead.... or switch back to his own body...

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Earth616

@comicace3said:

Marvel wants peter to be immortalized by making him return from the dead.... or switch back to his own body...

Thats a really good way to put it! I'd bet pretty much anything you're right!

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

The problem is Joe Quesada. He refuses to let Spider-Man grow and change in a logically fashion, and would instead kill him off or have him make deals with the devil in a desperate attempt to keep him in the state of arrested development that Joe prefers.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92 said:

Marvel hates him!

Clone of me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Clone of me

@Moonchilde: You are so right about that of Joe thinking Spider-Man can only stay in one state of growth and after a while even if you have others believing this mostly writers and sales still drop isn't something just wrong? Of course it is and the readers are tired of a story that's at a standstill so they leave. Marvel should just fire him I believe, especially since he's not the editor in chief anymore! and like Stan Lee would say Nuff Said!!!!

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By KRYPTON

Spider-Man is dead in two universes, sort of. Doc is Peter. And that's what it is. Nuff said.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By PaperDemon

Nothing. Its just something new the writers wanted to try out.

silverageguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silverageguy

@80sBaby said:

Nothing's wrong with Peter. It's called "doing something different" or "telling a story."

What is wrong with Peter Parker? The answer is easy...Joe Quesada, Dan Slot and the editorial board at Marvel is whats wrong! Only a bunch of morons like them could come up with such an outrageously horrible story arc. They just keep creating mess after mess. The Peter Parker I grew up with in the 60's and 70's dissapeared a long time ago.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 80sBaby

@silverageguy: Dude, if you're complaining that a character's not the same as he/she was 40-50 years ago, I say it's time to get over it and move on. Things change. And "outrageously horrible?" Hyperbole much?? The story just started so how could you (or anybody esle for that matter) know how good/bad it will be?

silverageguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By silverageguy

@Clone of me said:

@Moonchilde: You are so right about that of Joe thinking Spider-Man can only stay in one state of growth and after a while even if you have others believing this mostly writers and sales still drop isn't something just wrong? Of course it is and the readers are tired of a story that's at a standstill so they leave. Marvel should just fire him I believe, especially since he's not the editor in chief anymore! and like Stan Lee would say Nuff Said!!!!

I couldnt agree more!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92 said:

Marvel hates him!

Yeah!,he hasnt brought any money over the years,and they want to get rid of him!!

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Hazlenaut

it was either retirement or death. they tried retire him but it didn't work. Besides they would have other cruel plans on Spidey they felt he has had enough. let some time pass so he he can get head together. he made deal with the devil so there is a clue he needs to stop. He needs intervention because you things can be worst if he doesn't stop. Maybe they will tell him if was real or a clone or something else. besides Scarlet Spider can take it from here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.