Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17240 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

What's the Worst Thing to Happen to the Spider-Man franchise?

• 56 results
    laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By laflux

@Rabbitearsblog: true

kadosho_16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By kadosho_16bit

When I started getting back into ASM, it was when "Back in Black" was getting a reprisal or I should say nightmarish end. I managed to snag the last few issues of Spectacular and somehow catch up. Where it all ended.. May shot, Peter and MJ on the run. Civil War struck a cord because we "lost" Cap. In a way we lost Spidey as well, everything was darker, the series was at an end. Then that dreadful "change everything" and "let's make a deal" with that character..

For awhile I took a breather from ASM altogether. Went back to find the classic tales I couldn't find before. I actually found the "happy birthday" issued opened up Peter's "pandora's box". The scenario: a rainy, dark stormy night, Spidey is standing in a graveyard, battered and at wits end. Some chief of police is telling him to give up already, something bad happened here..."by the eye of Aggimoto!" woosh.. stuck in limbo with the Sinister = holy cow!? everyone!? And the consequences he faced, and those he couldn't save. At the end, he receives a gift, getting to see Uncle Ben again. Herein happy birthday..

I know this was sometime ago, but the cover alone pulled me in. And I want to go through my collection just to read it. I look at 600, John Romita JR's art graces the cover, and the first story of "a wedding!" Bear in mind, I haven't read an issue of ASM after OMD, into BND until that issue. So it stuns me that they spun the entire timeweb into "what if" but its staying that way... nobody knows who Peter is (except his trusted friends). Since then I've read several missed stories, and find myself wondering "Where do we go now?" And finding out that "Ends of the Earth" may be Doc Ock's "swan song".. it might even take Spidey with it. I'm amazed that one of the smartest villains could go this far.. and they actually gave him "one more chance" scenario. Curious as to how things will change even more.

But the worst?... One More Day, it didn't have to happen.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Vance Astro said:
    OMD is actually the best thing that happened to Spider-Man.
    SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By SuperShafe

I loved One More Day and Brand New Day. the new stories they were able to tell because of it were worth having MJ and petes marrige nullified. The worst thing was spectacular spiderman ( the tv show) being cancelled

Amanthine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Amanthine

Sins Past and Sins Remembered.

Not even OMD holds a candle to those atrocities.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By Strider1992

1. Sins Past (I still don't know why they did that!!)

2. Killing Ultimate Peter Parker

3. OMD (Not really the story that bugged me its the fact that Peter made a deal with a guy who is basically the Devil. Surely he would have thought "Hey, would Aunt May want me to sacrifice my marriage to the Devil to save her?" the answer: of course not. If she hadn't been in a coma I think she would have beat Peter up worse than Morlun did!)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.