What's the point ? (spoilers)

#1 Posted by consolemaster001 (5836 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so i just read asm 699.1 and it really doesn't contribute much except for a set up to morbius 1. And that's my problem with "point-one" issues they don't have anything except for entertaining but pointless (see what i did there ?) one shot adventures or set ups to upcoming series. Oh well...i honestly thought that this would quench our thirst until 700 but i guess we'll have to wait until 699.2.

#2 Posted by Strider92 (16734 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree I hoped as it was called Amazing Spider-man 699.1 it would have had much more to do with Spider-man. Honestly they should have just made a Morbius one-shot because thats what it was. I guess they wanted to cash in on the Spider-man title to make sure people would buy it.

#3 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, that was the point...

#4 Posted by 0zymandias (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be worse, at least they used a character Morbius is affiliated with to spin him off in his own title.

#5 Posted by consolemaster001 (5836 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I have to agree I hoped as it was called Amazing Spider-man 699.1 it would have had much more to do with Spider-man. Honestly they should have just made a Morbius one-shot because thats what it was. I guess they wanted to cash in on the Spider-man title to make sure people would buy it.

Exactly ! Like Morbius 0 or something

#6 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

They're giving Alpha that treatment, an Alpha #0 before the miniseries launches, but instead, #0 is a reprint of ASM #692.

They did that for Venom too. Venom #654.1 was mostly Venom, and then it was reprinted as Venom #0.

Spidey Villains being launched as their own title seem to follow a trend.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.