Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Whats the difference? Spider-man.

Bebol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bebol

I am curious about the difference of "The web of spider-man" "Spectacular Spider-man" "Amazing Spider-man" why so many I know that some where published at the same time. I would assume that each had different sides of certain stories.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

There wasn't a whole lot of difference. I believe Web of... focused more on the aftermath of the black suit. Spectacular (especially around issues 80-100) mainly dealt with Peter and Black Cat. It was really just Marvel's way of milking Spidey's success with putting out multiple titles with different creative teams. The stories usually didn't cross over. Sometimes they'd reference events. You could, for the most part, just read one title and not really miss out on anything. Amazing was always the flagship title.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I felt that Web of Spiderman was more quaint story lines.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.