Whats more insulting to the character?

• 80 results
#51 Edited by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

#52 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

To answer the question,

Whats more insulting to the character?

#53 Posted by silent_bomber (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd:

sorry thats a hipster...trying too hard to make it look like you Don't try hard is an absolute joke

<----this is peter parker

This does not bring Peter Parker to mind for me, it screams creepy pervert

#54 Edited by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@gor724 said:

@paperdemon: I'm on the fence with it though, they should have made him dark and depressed and they should have made him an asshole from the Venom, but they took it way to far. But TASM just didn't stay true to the character.

Both movies had problems, but i found some things to like in ASM. I can't say the same for SM3. As for ASM staying true to the character, neither did the original trilogy. Amazing had web shooters and Gwen Stacy. That were big pluses for me. Gwen Stacy had a major impact on Peter becoming the hero he was/is. She also impacted every relationship he had afterwards. The fact that they worked in a plot about Peter's parents, for future movies was a good idea. Peter still being in high school, when he started as Spiderman, is more true to the character. Being a skate boarding outcast, instead of a nerd outcast, was an attempt to modernize that failed. Though i didn't like how they changed Uncle Ben's death, at least they kept with the theme of Peter feeling responsible. The Lizard's plot was stupid imo. The workers turning the cranes was stupid. Peter promising Captain Stacy to stay away from Gwen, and then breaking that promise was a bad idea, that should of been left out.

Spiderman had genetic webbing, and started with MJ. Genetic webbing was another modernization attempt, that failed in my view. Peter not really becoming Spiderman until he was in college, wasn't true to the character either. The scene from the bridge, was a ripoff of The Night Gwen Stacy Died. Except it had MJ instead of Gwen, and she didn't die. In fact they had the Green Goblin "die", the same way he did after Gwen Stacy's death. Don't get me wrong i loved the first Spiderman, it's one of my favorite comic book movies. And a lot- lot better than Amazing Spiderman. I'm just pointing out that none of the movies, stayed true to the character.

As for Spiderman 3, don't even get me started. From top to bottom, that movie sucked. I can't think of one good thing to take from that "movie". Well ok, the Sandman looked cool.

#55 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Emo dancing.

#56 Edited by Waveslasher (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Emo is horrible. That's not how they portrayed it in the comics the black suit in the movie didn't even fight crime with peters body at night like in the comics

#57 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually had few if any problems with TASM.

#58 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone in this thread know what a hipster dresses like? Because, it's not like this.

Compare the two. If you still think he looks like a hipster, then I guess you have deficient eyes.

I tend to dress a lot like Peter in that pic. No lie, t-shirt over long sleeves, cargo jacket, and a sweatshirt. I even put the thumb holes in my shirts because I like it, and its comfortable. And well I also get called a hipster and emo.

#59 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17422 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually had few if any problems with TASM.

This. It was a great movie. I still can't believe people are whining about the skateboard to this day. I always ask, but no one seems to answer - would they still have been so mad if he rode a bike to school instead? Or how about rollerblades?

And as far as being an "cool" guy...does Peter at any point during the film hang out with any type of crowd? At all? ...No. He's just as much of an outcast.

And the "pretty boy" thing. Wtf does that mean? We are hating on an actor because he's good looking? K...

To me the TASM was the best Spider Man film to date and Peter/Gwen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Peter/MJ from the first movie. Sooooooooo much better.

Also. I was laughing again when Spiderman was doing his thing. Something I never did in the first trilogy. Spiderman is suppose to be light hearted and funny even when Peter's life is a mess.

And call it a minor gripe if you want. But I really hated the organic webbing in the first trilogy. Gimme my web shooters :)

#60 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

My Chemical Spider-Man

#61 Posted by Black_Claw (2987 posts) - - Show Bio

Emo Peter and SpOck

#62 Posted by Squares (6507 posts) - - Show Bio

Um...definately the stupid musical thing from Spider-man 3.

#63 Edited by PunyParker (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

@vegandiet said:

Does anyone in this thread know what a hipster dresses like? Because, it's not like this.

Compare the two. If you still think he looks like a hipster, then I guess you have deficient eyes.

On the right it's hipster dressing style.
On the left it's teenager dressing style.

It's like this and deal with it.Stop hating.

#64 Posted by PunyParker (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

So on the picture above he's a hipster,and there he isnt?...

Oh! right....you stop being a hipster if the summer season kicks off.....i forgot that....

#65 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

So on the picture above he's a hipster,and there he isnt?...

Oh! right....you stop being a hipster if the summer season kicks off.....i forgot that....

Nah man once a hipster, always a hipster in the eyes a many. Hipster FTW!

#66 Posted by PunyParker (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: ΤΗIS ISNT HIPSTER!!!

I explained it!!....then RDJ is a hipster too,in IM3 and AVG....

RELAX ABOUT IT!

#67 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: If anything, Toby was *far* more of a pretty boy than Andrew. Toby is pretty damn effeminate in terms of appearance and is still one of the first things I think of when someone says "Baby face". Andrew on the other hand is nowhere near as soft in appearance.

#68 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I cant tell if you're kidding, but I know I sure as hell was.

#69 Posted by PunyParker (10870 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by PunyParker (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09: Τhank you very much mr.Ninja......now i keep singing "of cource dude,okay good" in my head...

#72 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

People should stop throwing words around when they don't know the definition of said word.

#73 Edited by Dernman (15074 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan Slott.

#74 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Posted by PunyParker (10870 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are complaining about a 2 minute sequence when you have to deal with the hipster skateboarder the whole movie? Wow.

#77 Edited by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

How about killing him and GIVING HIS BODY AND POWERS TO DOCTOR OCTOPUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#78 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

@paperdemon said:

You guys are complaining about a 2 minute sequence when you have to deal with the hipster skateboarder the whole movie? Wow.

Believe it or not, the Majority actually liked TASM quite a lot.

#79 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

@guardian_of_gravity: I still don't see what all the complaining is about that silly little scene

People complain about the entire movie. That one scene just happens to be the worst moment

#81 Edited by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

-m3th.O.D.-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.