Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

What the fate of Superior Spider-man should be?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Phaedrusgr

Poll What the fate of Superior Spider-man should be? (44 votes)

Peter gets his body and Otto becomes a villain again 43%
    Otto remains Spider-man, Peter's gone (at least for a long while) 5%
    Peter reclaims his body, but Otto sticks (somehow) around as an anti-hero 43%
    Something else??? 9%

What say you, viners?

• 
    Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I would like otto to stay in control with peter being a voice in his head who can take control sometimes

or Vice Versa

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By frogdog

What about peter getting his body and otto dies?

Avatar image for escapingreality
    EscapingReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By EscapingReality

What frogdog said, Peter getting his body back and Otto dying would by my favorite ending to this. However, I had the idea (before Otto became Superior Venom) of Otto staying as Superior Spider-Man, and Peter transferring his consciousness to Venom and getting a new body that way, Peter therefore becoming the hero Venom permanently.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@escapingreality: Peter becoming anything else apart from Spider-man is an abomination in my book. If Otto dies, I'm ok with it, but I prefer him becoming Doctor Octopus again. He'd been a great adversary knowing Peter that well...You know, an inside job :)))

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

I would like otto to stay in control with peter being a voice in his head who can take control sometimes

or Vice Versa

Aka you want Deadpool Spider-Man.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen said:

or Vice Versa

Sorta, i just love superior so much more than parker, i can't see either not being spiderman anymore

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@sebast_allen said:

or Vice Versa

Sorta, i just love superior so much more than parker, i can't see either not being spiderman anymore

I somewhat agree. I think it would be complete character regression if Ock went back into his body, or a cloned one, and became a villain again once the SSM gimmick is done. I would prefer Peter get his body back with Ock going into a new body and taking on another Spider-name mantle until something happens causing him to decide to go full blown baddie DocOck again.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sebast_Allen

@sebast_allen said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@sebast_allen said:

or Vice Versa

I somewhat agree. I think it would be complete character regression if Ock went back into his body, or a cloned one, and became a villain again once the SSM gimmick is done. I would prefer Peter get his body back with Ock going into a new body and taking on another Spider-name mantle until something happens causing him to decide to go full blown baddie DocOck again.

Yeah, sounds legit

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sebast_allen said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@sebast_allen said:

or Vice Versa

yeah either Ock sacrifices himself or he gets a new body and becomes a new Spider-themed hero are the only two choices that make sense after all he's been through...I can't possibly see them throwing out all of Superior by having Ock just get a new body just like his old one and going back to his villain ways

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Strider1992

I'm bored so i'll make up some fun crazy scenarios fur tuh lolz.

As Peter is now dead the Web is basically broken with no real center. In retaliation the Web brings back Ben Reilly in order to restore order. Ben and SpOck get into a final battle at Horizon. During this the Jackal seeing his moment to strike down two enemies attacks. The fight ends with the clones defeated and SpOck dying due to accidentally being impaled on a surrounding piece of debris. Seeing no other option Reilly takes the Octo-Bot that contains Peter's memories and places them into his body sacrificing his own life for Peter all over again. A second Octo-bot is seen crawling over to one of the defeated clones that for some reason didn't degnerate and transferring Ocks memory into it however the Octo-Bot was slightly damaged during the fight and not much of the memory was sent over just the ones about Ock's bank accounts and a few other bits of information. The dazed clone falls into the time-door at Horizon before Peter comes back around. The clone is then shown walking into a corporate meeting in 1993 and signing his name as Ezekiel Simms.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@sebast_allen said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@sebast_allen said:

or Vice Versa

yeah either Ock sacrifices himself or he gets a new body and becomes a new Spider-themed hero are the only two choices that make sense after all he's been through...I can't possibly see them throwing out all of Superior by having Ock just get a new body just like his old one and going back to his villain ways

THIS

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

As "controversial" and "different" we want our comics to be,most of us voted for Peter coming back ,ressurecting Otto and making him a villian again.......

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I'm bored so i'll make up some fun crazy scenarios fur tuh lolz.

As Peter is now dead the Web is basically broken with no real center. In retaliation the Web brings back Ben Reilly in order to restore order. Ben and SpOck get into a final battle at Horizon. During this the Jackal seeing his moment to strike down two enemies attacks. The fight ends with the clones defeated and SpOck dying due to accidentally being impaled on a surrounding piece of debris. Seeing no other option Reilly takes the Octo-Bot that contains Peter's memories and places them into his body sacrificing his own life for Peter all over again. A second Octo-bot is seen crawling over to one of the defeated clones that for some reason didn't degnerate and transferring Ocks memory into it however the Octo-Bot was slightly damaged during the fight and not much of the memory was sent over just the ones about Ock's bank accounts and a few other bits of information. The dazed clone falls into the time-door at Horizon before Peter comes back around. The clone is then shown walking into a corporate meeting in 1993 and signing his name as Ezekiel Simms.

It's unfortunate that half the theories that we see on the forum boards are far more interesting that anything we end up seeing in the actual comics.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Probably Ock sacrificing himself.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Novemberx2

Peter Reclaims his body. Doc Ock will be killed but a new clone version will appear (or this isn't even the real doc ock, See Magneto/Zorn nonsense). How peter comes back will be extremely lazy or complex (akin to Captain America's return to life, Batman's Time Travel)

I doubt Dan Slott will remain a writer on spiderman for much longer after peter returns, Im sure his time will have peter become a photographer, JJ Jamerson retaking the the Daily Bugle etc much like bendis latter end of his avengers run everything will be a putting the toys back in box process.

Everybody who reviews comic books and says "I've really enjoy Spider Otto" will suddenly pretend they've said such things and will praise the return of peter parker. Marvel will also make statements such as "we listened to our audience" and will choose to make via USA Today rather than CBR

Fans will look back on this moment as being on par with the clone saga nonsense or hero's reborn, writers will actually start to mock it in the years to come.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novemberx2: Best comment ever concerning the whole SSM thing, if you ask me.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Peter gets his body back and Otto is exposed for who he really is and disappears. But that's just my personal preference.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that thinks Ock becoming a villain again so soon after not being Spider-Man would be a regression for the character? He's had a taste of being good (relatively anyway). I think it'd be more interesting if, assuming he survives Peter coming back, he finds a way to continue being a hero. Spidey has plenty of other villains to fight.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just IMO, forget SSM. How about a Vol 2 of "Amazing Spider-Man" #1, with an ALL NEW creative team? Better written stories with more of a mature treatment and no more nonsensical storylines. No more parodies of an iconic super-hero. Spider-Man also deverses better artwork than some of the horrible disproportionate anatomy scribbling seen in some issues of SSM.

In no particular order, just a few thoughts.............

• Pete reclaims his body.

• Otto escapes in his newly formed cloned body and hopefully not to be seen for a very long time. ( 5 years at least )

• Bill De Blasio to reclaim his Mayorship of NYC from J. Jonah Jameson. ( I do like a few reality anchors with my serialized fiction )

• J. Jonah Jameson not only an influential publisher of The Daily Bugle, but to become a powerful media mogul.

• Pete & MJ back together.

• A new full time job for Pete (scientific or academic) with maybe the ocassional photography moonlighting job. Imagine what he could do with a Go Pro Hero 3 HD video camera. He could even modify it and improve it to suit his needs.

• Aunt May finally dies. She continues to appear in the Cinematic Universe.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By darthfury78

I see Otto still in charge of Peter's body after Goblin Nation. Peter Parker himself is still in Hell. The End!!!

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Phaedrusgr
    Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Having Otto return as a villain would be stupid and would make Superior 100% pointless and zero character development involved

Have him return as an anti, or maybe even full on hero and ally of Spider-Man

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Why not keep Reilly alive this time? :'(

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'd prefer if Pete got his body back (an he and MJ got together again), and Ock, still convinced he was the better hero, becomes convinced he is the only person who can save the world from the crime and evil infesting it and sets to save the world even if everyone else calls him a villain, thus returning him to mad scientist roots but maintaining all previous events as relevant to Ock. I would give Ock as a character a brief rest (try 2-3 years) then have him return as a full force villain (and Spidey making a joke about how he still feels dirty in his own skin).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.