Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

What Spider-man Spin-Offs should Sony make?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

After Marvel Studios’ success with last year’s Avengers extravaganza, every film studio with a superhero in their stable has upped their game. Warner Bros. tossed Batfleck into the Man of Steel sequel, Fox put pretty much every actor who’s ever been an X-Man into X-Men: Days of Future Past, and now it looks like Sony is dead set on building a cinematic universe around the one big name on its roster: Spider-Man.

“We are going to access Marvel’s full world of Spider-Man characters,” said Sony Pictures Entertainment Co-Chairman Amy Pascal at an investor presentation, “so be on the lookout for new heroes and villains.” This makes sense considering Amazing Spider-Man 2 director Marc Webb’s admission that the yes-it’s-already-been-announced “Amazing Spider-Man 4might not just be a Spider-Man movie.”

If Sony’s looking to expand the wall-crawler’s universe, here are five characters and concepts ready to headline their own film.

No Caption Provided

BLACK CAT

It’s time for Marvel to show the world that DC isn’t the only comic book publisher with a feline femme fatale. Unlike Catwoman’s most recent big screen interpretations, a Felicia Hardy film could make a name for itself by highlighting the character’s feisty attitude and knack for getting herself into absolutely bonkers heist situations. There may even be a precedent for this being set in next summer’s Amazing Spider-Man 2: Subtitle TBD. It’s been rumored that actress Felicity Jones has been fitted for a metaphorical cat suit, meaning that this spin-off could happen sooner rather than later.
    No Caption Provided

VENOM

Of Spider-Man’s entire supporting cast, only one character has near-universal name recognition – and that character is Venom. Since the Eddie Brock iteration of the symbiote-powered antihero made his unceremonious debut in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 3, the rebooted Spidey-verse would be wise to bring the modern comic book Venom to the big screen. Flash Thompson, after losing both of his legs while on a tour of duty, becomes exposed to the Venom symbiote and transforms into a super-powered government agent. The partnership’s an uneasy one – imagine if the Colonial Marines from Aliens were bonded with the vicious xenomorphs – and it would make for an incredibly thrilling action movie, unlike any comic book movie we’ve seen before.
    No Caption Provided

SILVER SABLE

If Marvel’s not going to make a Black Widow movie, then maybe Sony can beat them to the punch with Silver Sable. While the mercenary might not care as much about the red in her ledger as long as she’s getting real paid, a movie starring Silver Sable would definitely feature its fair share of gun-slinging swagger and hand-to-hand mercilessness. Her position as a diplomat from the State of Symkaria and the CEO of Silver Sable International would also give the shoot’em up film a decidedly diverse tone, hopefully giving us the “Rambo-esque character navigates boardroom politics” scene we’ve waited decades for
    No Caption Provided

SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN

This ludicrous series by Nick Spencer and Steve Lieber is consistently the funniest comic book on the stands, meaning that it should be adapted into an equally ludicrous spin-off. The series, which follows eternally C-list bad guy Boomerang as he tries against all odds to form a new Sinister Six, shoots brilliantly crass jokes out of the mouths of lowlife losers, meaning that its alternate title could easily be It’s Always Sunny In Marvel’s New York City. In fact, Sony should just give the film over to the Paddy’s Pub creators and cast and let them work their drunken, dirty magic.
    No Caption Provided

MORBIUS

It’s time to face facts: pop culture vampires aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. Luckily Sony just so happens to have the rights to Marvel’s foremost bloodsucker – Morbius, the Living Vampire. “The Living Vampire”? If that doesn’t make for an eye-catching subtitle, then nothing does. The character definitely has an iconic look, with his white skin, fangs, disheveled black hair, and leather, pseudo-straight jacket costume. His unique origin would also allow for Sony to put a new spin on the vampire setup, should its popularity start to wane; Morbius is a chemically transformed pseudo vampire with all of the perks of being a creature of the night and none of the drawbacks. Plus, a film about Dr. Michael Morbius would be the first comic book film to star a Nobel laureate!
    Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

If Superior Foes happens I'm taking @punyparker too see it and rub it in his face of the greatness of it

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

It will never happen but this is what I want to see:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@strider92: Preach!

But if his comic is getting canceled to low sales, I can't possibly see how they wll make a movie.

Otherwise, Venom is the only one I can see holding his own movie. As much as I love Felicia, there isn't a lot to work with.

Maybe if she gets great reception after a movie with Spidey.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I aprove Venom and the superior foes

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Captain13

slingers. think ninja turtles meets teen avengers. they need new costume designs though.

miles morales as hornet or scarlet spider would be good too.

heroic hobgoblin would be cool

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Venom should get his own spinoff.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst possible one, made as poorly as possible. Then follow it up with something worse so maybe they let the rights revert to Marvel.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
    MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom and Scarlet Spider

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By PunyParker

Venom will probably get made,Black Cat is a good choice,and ....@animehunter you dont have to torture yourself with Sable....(HA!)

If Superior Foes happens I'm taking @punyparker too see it and rub it in his face of the greatness of it

HAHA,no.

It will never happen but this is what I want to see:

No Caption Provided

No.....they'll need and angry Andrew Garfield.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'd love a Superior Foes movie. They'd have to introduce at least one of the members of the Not-Sinister-Six in a film prior to this for it to actually work though.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By animehunter

Venom will probably get made,Black Cat is a good choice,and ....@animehunter you dont have to torture yourself with Sable....(HA!)

Actually, this time CBR is the one torturing me.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

Actually, this time CBR is the one torturing me.

I know i know....i feel ya bro.....
    It's all Venom now...

I would love a Norman Osborn movie though....

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
    deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Venom is the most likely.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

I think Venom is the most likely.

I think i read they have a script already.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Superior Foes should get a TV series.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It would never happen and I don't know how many people would like it.... it would probably also work a lot better if it was in the same marvel cinematic universe, but I think a frontline movie from a hand held point of view sorta thing would be so cool. It would start Ben Urich and Sally Floyd.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TazzMission

wile i like the idea of spin offs i do have concerns and those are 1. can a villain movie even work on it's own with no hero involved wether its spider-man or the black cat? secondly. even if the spinoff did succeed how would a sequel even work? and finally is mark webb doing everything spiderman related or will this be like star wars where it'll have different directors? because i know jj is just doing episode 7 but no ideas on 8 or 9 and plus they want spin offs of that as well.

it may all sound great on paper but can it be executed on screen well and will anybody who dosent read the comics go see these spin offs? only the die hard fans will know who these spin offs are about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.