What Spider-man and Lizard could have looked like in the movie

#1 Edited by Strider92 (15321 posts) - - Show Bio

I found some concept art for the Amazing Spider-man that was released a few days ago and while I didn't like the Spider-man designs much (apart from the 3rd one. If the spider was in the center of the chest that suit would be bada$$! The 4th is pretty good too) a couple of the Lizard concepts look awesome!

Spider-man concepts by Eddie Yang:

Lizard concepts from the Aaron Sims company:

#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4206 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Spidey costume looks much better than the one in the movie and the first Lizard pic looks the best.

#3 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spider-man is alright but the lizard looks even worse than in the movie. lol

#4 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

spidey good. lizard sucks.

#5 Posted by kamakazi152 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

The third Spider-Man suit isn't bad minus the spider not being in the middle but I think I have to say other than the eyes I like the one in the movie, and the Lizard concepts are terrible. I think they should have made him look like this one.

#6 Posted by The_Tree (6433 posts) - - Show Bio

Those Spider-Man designs are awful. The first and second Lizard designs look pretty cool though, but I'm fine with what they went with in the movie.

#7 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Spider #3 and Lizard #5

#8 Posted by Wolfshead (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Those Spiderman concepts are horrible. I'm glad they went with the one in the movie.

All the Lizard ones are horrible as well except for the first one.

#9 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Give the 3rd and 4th spider-man design a bit more detail, they would look alot nicer than one they picked for the movie. (Although the movie costume ain't bad either)

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Take away the cape, change the eyes to what we know, and this would be a great costume.

#11 Posted by Duncan (11328 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible

#12 Posted by PaperDemon (576 posts) - - Show Bio

They shouldn't have changed the spiderman costume to what it is. I like the original comic costume.

#13 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS.LOOKS.PERFECT

But I don't dig/like any of the spider suits, I like movie's better but original beats them all ;)

#14 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but if they translated these Spider-Man costumes to film then the movie itself would just look like a full animated movie...

#15 Posted by Lvenger (16075 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I haven't seen the film yet, I'm fine with what they went with in terms of Spidey's costume. It looks like something a teenage kid would come up with as a superhero costume. As for the Lizard, I like 1, 3, 5 and 6 but the film's interpretation is perfectly fine too.

#16 Posted by sirfpaisa (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I too agree with this.The Spider man is alright but the lizard looks even worse than in the movie.

#17 Posted by War Killer (19510 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the versions they went with the movie. I know a lot of people hate the design of Lizard, but I think the problem is that people have to remember that this is a half-man half-lizard creature, so he should have human characteristics and features even in Lizard form; I never agreed with the versions that almost make him look like Killer Croc as like I mentioned, he's part human so that should show which I think did when you look at his face in the movie, you can still see the human-side.

As for Spider-Man costume, I loved how people make all the basketball jokes and yet if you watch the movie, it's actually spandex that athletes wear that Peter simply modified. I personally thought that was a great way to explain how a simply teenager could make such a costume; seriously, we have tons of people who cosplay and make costumes all the time, why is it so hard to believe in the movie?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.