Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

What is Steve Ditko's problem?

The Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The Jeff

I'm really posting this because I'd like to know more about Ditko. I know he left Marvel with bad blood toward the company, but why is he such a recluse/rude to fans? I've also heard he'd foregone the money he's entitled to with Spider-Man. What was the big deal? I think he should, before he dies, do a few interviews about the creation of the character and his involvement. Stan Lee's memory is less that superb and I'd love to hear Ditko's take on the character. Anyone else like to see that?

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By muhabba

Steve Ditko has been discribed as something like a "Absolutest". When he quit Spider-Man, he quit anything to do with Spider-Man including any money that might be owed to him. His rudeness to the fans is usually people asking him about something that he has decided is over and he refuses to talk about, because he is absolutely done with that subject.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @The Jeff:  
    If you look hard enough interviews and photos can be found. 
    Respect his decisions they are his to make.
    muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By muhabba

I saw a interview with Stan Lee talking about working with Ditko and Stan said that the way Spidy holds his fingers when shooting webs is the way Ditko points at stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.