What if? Superior Spider-man

#1 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

Would Superior Spider-man be more well received if it didn't take place in 616? It's still an ongoing story, just in another universe. Or would that not be risky enough?

#2 Posted by w0nd (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

My problem is it's Otto doing the same things over and over, I am the best! I AM SUPERIOR blah blah blah, plan works out perfectly, ego or anger gets in the way and then he is humbled

#3 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

My problem is it's Otto doing the same things over and over, I am the best! I AM SUPERIOR blah blah blah, plan works out perfectly, ego or anger gets in the way and then he is humbled

This, plus Peter not being around in any comic.

#4 Posted by w0nd (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

@therrieur: He's been around, he's been that annoying ghost thing :P

#5 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11130 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of stories similar to this would be more well received if they didn't take place in the main universe of either major company.

But I agree with @w0nd. As much as I hate SpOck, it's so much worse with the repetitiveness in every issue. But hey, that's the "genius" that is Dan Slott, right?

#6 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Touché, but I meant doing other things than saying "Ock don't do it".

#7 Posted by w0nd (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

@therrieur: haha i know just messing around, well hopefully pete comes back soon

#8 Posted by TheBrownPowerRanger (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do they even need SpOck. they already have venom and kaine as the bad ass spiders. Peter was suppost to be the wise cracking original. now its just crap. Marvel needs to fire dan slott and end this superior bull crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.