What If- Spider-man the other

#1 Posted by Pazuzu (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone care to speculate what Poison's powers might be and how the MarvelU might handle them?

Honestly he looks like a sexy beast-+

#2 Posted by Pazuzu (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing? damn..

#3 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

I If had to speculate i'd guess he was a bit better than Eddie Brock as Venom. The reason being Brock achieved complete harmony with the symbiote due to their mutual hatred of Spider-man. The symbiote has always been "in love" with Spider-man hence the reason it acted as it did when it was rejected. Bonded with Parker it would most likely reach its full potential. So i'd say Poison should be higher than Eddie Brock Venom in terms of power/ability but not quite as high as Carnage in terms of raw power.

#4 Posted by pulseangel666 (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I If had to speculate i'd guess he was a bit better than Eddie Brock as Venom. The reason being Brock achieved complete harmony with the symbiote due to their mutual hatred of Spider-man. The symbiote has always be "in love" with Spider-man hence the reason it acted as it did when it was rejected. Bonded with Parker it would most likely reach its full potential. So i'd say Poison should be higher than Eddie Brock Venom in terms of power/ability but not quite as high as Carnage in terms of raw power.

Agreed and also seems like he has the other powers like the stingers.

#5 Posted by Pazuzu (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd disagree, I'd think that he would be even stronger than carnage

When the spider queen gave spider-man the spider stingers she also raised his over all strength and ability. From what I under stand he became one completely with the symbiote

#6 Posted by inkBot (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Brock and Cassady were normal guys before getting their symbiotes, Peter wasn't. He should be much more powerful than them with the "The Other" powers 'and' the symbiote.

#7 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pazuzu said:

Very very unlikely. Spider-man at max strength was a 25tonner and Brock as Venom was a 25tonner. Even if you add both those together thats just 50tons. Carnage is an 80-90tonner. In terms of raw power Parker still wouldn't be close to Carnage. Heck even if we used Anti-Venom's stats (which we wouldn't because Anti-Venom was not the Venom symbiote) thats 40ton and 25tons so he'd be a 65tonner. Still nowhere near Carnage's 80tons.

With Symbiotes the offspring is always stronger in terms of raw power.

#8 Posted by comicanimelover (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Pazuzu said:

Very very unlikely. Spider-man at max strength was a 25tonner and Brock as Venom was a 25tonner. Even if you add both those together thats just 50tons. Carnage is an 80-90tonner. In terms of raw power Parker still wouldn't be close to Carnage. Heck even if we used Anti-Venom's stats (which we wouldn't because Anti-Venom was not the Venom symbiote) thats 40ton and 25tons so he'd be a 65tonner. Still nowhere near Carnage's 80tons.

With Symbiotes the offspring is always stronger in terms of raw power.

never knew carnage was that strong, but i do believe that to be true what you said, but didn't spidermans strength grow much stronger during the other, so i think it would be higher than 50 tonner, more like 60-70tonner

#9 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicanimelover said:

never knew carnage was that strong, but i do believe that to be true what you said, but didn't spidermans strength grow much stronger during the other, so i think it would be higher than 50 tonner, more like 60-70tonner

Thats the max strength I was referring to "Other" Spider-man was a 25tonner opposed to his normal 11-15tons. Yeah Carnage is very strong. Theres a feat of him holding a jet somewhere.

#10 Posted by comicanimelover (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: oh, didn't know, i never read anything with carnage other than venom vs carnage, and the reent carnage miniseries

#11 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicanimelover: Yeah this was near the beginning maybe his strength has been nerfed now. I'll try and find the scan :)

#12 Posted by comicanimelover (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: thanks, i only started reading comics till after when bendis took over avengers, so by that time carnage had been thrown in space and not heard from till years later

#13 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicanimelover: Yeah the Carnage feat i'm thinking of was back in the 90's I can see Bagley's art in my mind lol! Its possible he isn't that strong anymore. A lot has happened since then.

#14 Posted by Pazuzu (32 posts) - - Show Bio

So other than A raw strength boost, he seemed to have the power to create offspring, control and bond them to any host.

Do you think he could control older offspring?

Damn I really wish this character would take off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.