What are some good Spider-Man trades?

#1 Posted by kingdomenic (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to read some Spider-Man but I can't seem to get any recommendations for good trades. Any help would be appreciated. Also which of the Spider-Man books out now is best? And where would a good jumping in point? Thanks.

#2 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Time is a great jumping on point, as well as a good trade. I would also recommend Matters of Life and Death. Basically just read all of Slott's run.

#3 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Big time and Spider Island if you want to jump on to the bi-weekly comic. You should also try The Gauntlet. 5 volumes and runs through some classic spidey villains.

#4 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan Slott's run

New Ways to Die

Grim Hunt

JMS's run

Maximum Carnage

Kraven's Last Hunt

American Son

#5 Posted by VeganDiet (992 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's called "Coming Home". It's the 1st JMS arc.

Also Marvel Knights Spider-man 1-12 would be a good choice.

Birth of Venom.

Those are my 3 faves.

#6 Posted by kingdomenic (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks peoples!

#7 Edited by VeganDiet (992 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, you may have trouble finding it, but there's like a computer disk with all the Amazing Spider-man issues right up until Civil War out there. It was about 40 bucks when I bought it. Maybe you could snag that. It was pretty helpful for a kid just getting into Spider-man.

Edit: Found it. The price has uhhhh.... gone up quite considerably, but I guess I'll still link it.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-Complete-Collection/dp/B000HKIM7Q/ref=pd_cp_sw_2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.