Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

What are other main Spider-Man series?

Outsethero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

What I mean by this question is, which of the other Spider-Man series are part of the main continuity? I'm working on getting more into this series [after being mostly into Ultimate] and I know that Avenging Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man are definitely a part of the main continuity, but aside from that I've seen other titles that I don't really know where they fit. Avenging has been replaced/succeeded with Superior Spider-Man Team Up, so I'm guessing that one's also a part of the main continuity, but others like Marvel Knights, Sensational [I know it's also Marvel Knights, but it's a different "title" nonetheless], Friendly Neighborhood, Untold tales, Marvel Team Up, Web of, or any other I may not know of I have no clue of where they fit, if they're a part of the main continuity or their own separate thing.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I highly recommend you check out Scarlet Spider.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

I 2nd this 3rd it and Ill continue to do so until he gets another on going... Kaine is "Superior" in every single way but intellect

I still say SHAME on those of you who tested the waters with Superior while at the same time not even giving Scarlet Spider the time of day. I'll continue to hold this grudge against those who scream "superior was a breath of fresh air" and "I like Superior since its darker/gritty" Thanks alot you wanted spiderman stories that were new and fresh? well we got em and you all ignored it

Heres a nice pat on the back for you all courtesy of barry horowitz

No Caption Provided

Outsethero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise said:

I am definitely going to read it once I get around to it/when it fits into the story! Forgot to mention that one, I do know it's part of the main continuity [unless I'm wrong]!

Anyone else? I still don't know which other series are part of the main continuity... xD

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

@outsethero:

There's also Superior Foes of Spider-Man which is hilarious.

Outsethero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outsethero:

Actually no not exactly. Despite the title it has little to do with Superior Spider-Man. One of the reasons I like it. Since I consider Superior terrible.

Outsethero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Outsethero

@master_of_suprise said:

Actually no not exactly. Despite the title it has little to do with Superior Spider-Man. One of the reasons I like it. Since I consider Superior terrible.

Well, if it has little to do with it it's still considered part of the main continuity, no? Unless it has nothing to do with it, or if it's been confirmed that it ain't canon and stuff.

Do you know if any of the titles I listed on the main post are or aren't part of it?

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outsethero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise: Yes, that is what I was asking, thank you.

Now, can anyone fully answer my question? ; w;

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.