Web Shooters or natrual wrist shooters

#1 Posted by TrollHunter (148 posts) - - Show Bio

which one is it ?

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one is what? Which one do we (users) prefer?

#3 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to assume you're asking for a preference. I prefer web shooters because having that much material inside your wrist and being able to blast with that much pressure makes no sense without ridiculously compressed cartridges.

#4 Posted by IronKnight2404 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the concept of natural web glands because he is Spider-Man - he should be able to do everything a spider can.

#5 Posted by Shawnbaby (9340 posts) - - Show Bio
@IronKnight2404 said:

I prefer the concept of natural web glands because he is Spider-Man - he should be able to do everything a spider can.

But then the webs wouldn't shoot out of his wrists...
#6 Edited by Strider92 (15311 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends I always liked the inorganic web shooters. I liked the idea of after Peter getting bitten he instinctively knew how to make the webbing. Kind of mirrors the fact spider's have to digest certain chemicals/vitamins from their prey and inistincly know what mineral it is they are lacking.

Having said that I have nothing against organic web-shooters I just preferred the inorganic ones. They were Parker's best invention taking that away seems a shame.

#7 Posted by Skunkstein (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Web shooters = Makes way more sense, seems cooler, shows thats Peter Parker is intelligent.

Natural web glands = thats just nasty dude.... doesnt make sense that he have so much material hidden inside his wrists and again... thats just nasty.

@IronKnight2404 said:

Well if that should make sense, to have the actual powers of a spider then he should look like this =

Oh Japan, u so silly...

Well without the wierd swimming gear that is...... ?!

#8 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually prefer the classic way of things, but in this case I prefer the natural way.

#9 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11357 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both.

Web Shooters- I can see Spider-Man making new ways to improve his web shooters. Remember when Ben made his web shooters and made Impact webbing? Peter can make all types of new webbing, remember when he made that magnetic webbing? Imagine what else he could do.

Natural wrist shooters- I like the organic web shooter because it makes Spider-Man more like a spider. I can imagine him having to eat more food in order for him to spin webs. I can also see it being a hindrance as well.

But why can't he have both? I can see Spidey not having energy to spin webs and having to bust out the web shooters in emergency.

#10 Posted by Overseer (401 posts) - - Show Bio

I myself like the organic web-shooters better because it makes him feel more like an actual Spider and becasue (while I have no doubt believing Pete could make web-shooters) I always found it odd that Pete could create a substance that would require a government lab in his basement (or room) and Peter never accidently screwed up the formula, never caused any kind of spill with it and Aunt May NEVER noticed. I was also a little sick of the false drama of Spider-Man running out of webbing mid fight so that the bad guy could escape or just for him to take one panel to change cartrages.

That said I have no problems with Spidey having mechanical web-shooters as it shows how smart Peter is and allows for an easier time explaining how he can get fire webs or taser webs.

@Skunkstein: Actually humans already do have a gland under their tongue that is like an organic web-shooter (though with saliva instead) so "realistically" Spidey should shoot webs from there since there is already something close a natural spinnerett in the human body and one would asume that "realistically" that gland would be retooled to shoot web instead by the spider bite. (Don't quote me on that though unless its for correction)

@GrandSymbiote94: What I usually think of when I think of my definition of Spider-Man's webs is a hybrid of the mechanical and organic webs. The webs themselves are a natural byproduct of Peter's body and in order to keep himself in webs he has to eat more than a traditional anime hero, which takes a toll on his wallet. However Peter can still run out of webs without as easy a fix as "pop in a new web cartrage" forcing him to continue on without webs until he can eat a few meals. Peter also has wrist devices that, early on, he uses to properly aim his webs and later modifies to alter his webbing to make it freeze or something as well as making real web-shooters for Mary Jane as an anniversary gift.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Organic. It makes more sense.

#12 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8756 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Web Shooters better.

#13 Posted by ARMIV2 (7711 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember there was this program going into the science and plausibility of Spider-Man's powers. The natural web glands worked pretty well.

Both are pretty cool.

#14 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the web-shooter devices. Natural web secretion seems kinda disgusting to me.

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Web shooters all the way.

#16 Posted by Shadowsnake89 (406 posts) - - Show Bio

Web shooters for me, makes the fights more complicated because he has to be careful not to run out.

#17 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

#18 Posted by VenomX10 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking at it logicly, they are both good and bad for different reasons.

Web Shooter-amazing concept; removable for when hes not spider-man, has a ready supply of webbing whenever he needs it, and of course, upgradable for different kinds of webbing. Now for the cons of this method....HE RUNS OUT OF WEBBING this has happend too often and is a serious down fall to the Web Shooters.

Organic Webbing-Good idea, he can make his own just like a spider and shoot it at high velocities, I can get behind that. He never runs out, and, just like the web shooters, easily concealable. Cons to Organic Webbing; The amount of energy his body would need to make webbing strong enough to support the average human male could potentially drain him. Also, it would require more to cover them up, unlike the Web shooter which he can just remove. Also, his body would need to add an additional organ or sac to hold the webbing in it (probably in the arm or wrist where it is released.)

#19 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess the Web shooters because they can become a reality some day.There trying to develop real Web shooters that can actually shoot out streams of web that will support the weight of the "Swinger".So the Web shooters can make things more interesting.

#20 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

The Natural =)

#21 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Web-shooters for days. It shows Peter's intelligence and it also makes conflict more interesting when there's the possibility of him running out of cartridges.

#22 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Web-shooters.

#23 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Natural for me.

#24 Posted by Protoon (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Webshooters.

#25 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

Web Shooters, adds the human error aspect of it all. and the way he started he had spider like powers and made the webshooters to fit that right?

#26 Posted by zombietag (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

web shooters all day everyday. adds a cool element to the story

#27 Posted by War Killer (19508 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers said:

@Gambit1024 said:

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Web shooters. The organic webbing was cool but you can't beat out the classic.

#29 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both but the Web Shooters are better.

#30 Posted by CrimsonCake (2666 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping this thread.

Oh and the fact that this kid could build actually web shooters make me like them even more,

#31 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Web shooters - that being said, in the reboot - did he take (steal, like a boss) some of the webbing from Oscorp? Someone confirm.

#32 Posted by Teerack (4552 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont mind web shooters especially now that he uses all different types of webs but i do wish he still has his organic webs.

#33 Posted by FearTheLiving (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

Both, like the idea of natural shooters cause other than the wall crawling it gives him another spider power, but also like the different webbing. Could be cool to have a device that just changes the webbing out put from his natural wrist. That would give the feel of both.

#34 Posted by PunyParker (7163 posts) - - Show Bio

Web-shooters because they show Parker's intelligence....and thats that!

#35 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

Web shooters.

#36 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Web shooters for me. They just seem way more cooler and as it has been stated, it shows Pete's high intellect even when he was just a teen.

But just a question, if spidey had natural webbing, wouldn't it make more sense if it came out of his ass? :P

But seriously, like in the "Other" arc where he did have the natural webbing, wouldn't that make more sense?

:)

#37 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer artificial web shooters because Peter made them himself, which shows how smart he is. Plus, if they were organic it would make him seem more like a mutant.

#38 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked natural web as a development. Peter already proved his intelligence and built web-shooters, it doesn't mean they must go - web-shooters are awesome and flexible. But since I generally like power-ups, natural web comes as very logical development of existing powers. So I kinda liked it. Unlike the story it was introduced in...

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (13737 posts) - - Show Bio

Web shooters.

#40 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrandSymbiote94 said:

I like both.

Web Shooters- I can see Spider-Man making new ways to improve his web shooters. Remember when Ben made his web shooters and made Impact webbing? Peter can make all types of new webbing, remember when he made that magnetic webbing? Imagine what else he could do.

Natural wrist shooters- I like the organic web shooter because it makes Spider-Man more like a spider. I can imagine him having to eat more food in order for him to spin webs. I can also see it being a hindrance as well.

But why can't he have both? I can see Spidey not having energy to spin webs and having to bust out the web shooters in emergency.

#41 Posted by Pwok21 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Web Shooters, but for Kaine I prefer natural.

Fits with the character more.

#42 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Shooters.

#43 Posted by Chaos Burn (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer natural, but with the recent technology developments with goats making spider web strands in the real world, the web shooters are becoming more plausible

#44 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Organic works better to Spider-Man's advantage, but Web Shooters are way better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.