Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Want to get started reading Ultimate Spiderman

Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Protoroll

Where or how do you guys think I should start? I was thinking about just ordering the trades of Amazon, but if there is a cheaper or more all in one way of getting all of those back issues read I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OttoOctavius

Omnibus. Buy it

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KittyParker13

^This. Alternatively, it's also on Marvel Unlimited if you don't mind reading comics online.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@protoroll: I can't tell you the best way to read it, but I can tell you Ultimate Spider-Man is a blast, particularly pre Ultimatum. If you dig it you may want to get into the Ultimates (Vol's 1 and 2 at any rate) as well. Good stuff.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the first 6 tpb's of USM by bendis and bagley are incredible

check em out

but honestly, its all good/great. the whole 111 issue run, there was nary a dud amongst them

Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Unlimited seems nice, but I don't think I can to pay for another subscription service yet. That omnibus is looking pretty good though, and my birthday is coming up on the 12th, so I can probably weasel the first one for free. Thanks for the advice guys. Want to catch up to the current run and this seems like the best way to do it. Any other required reading from this universe so that I can get caught up?

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@protoroll: Marvel's Omnibus are absolutely beautiful books. I have the Age of Apocalypse Omnibus and it's wonderful. You don't need to have any previous reading. It was actually made to be a good starting spot. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.