Walmart Exclusive Spider-man Comic

#1 Edited by TheTimShow (78 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spiderman #6 (featuring Lizard) from 1960's was re-released to Walmart stores with an included disc of scenes and trailers from Amazing Spiderman (2012 film). Did any of you pick up a copy?

#2 Posted by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

Already got story, reprinted in Marvel Tales #140 . Anyways, what does Octopus' first, if he's not involved in movie at all, have to do with movie?

#3 Posted by TheTimShow (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I meant issue 6. For some reason I wrote 3.

#4 Edited by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

OKAY, have to atleast admit, promoting anything at Wal-Mart is a great, near ingenious, way of getting those potential Spidey-loving kids some real Spidey history, with the vintage-ness of Stan's snappy wordiness, and Steve's menacingly alligator-scaled, froggy-faced and toothless Lizard. And with a demo disc, a few cents less than a new comic too!

#5 Posted by TheTimShow (78 posts) - - Show Bio

exactly

#6 Posted by PowerHerc (80712 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a marketing scam I'm immune to.

#7 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

No, because

1. I already read ASM 6 and can read it again, without rebuying.

2. I'm going to see the movie, so the disc is useless to me.

3. I hate Walmart

#8 Posted by TheTimShow (78 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc Anything Spider-man for sale anywhere is sadly my weakness. @Funrush Don't we all hate Walmart lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.