Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Unscripted Review: Amazing Spider-Man #640

milleniumcyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By milleniumcyke

Holla!
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MTHarman

Marvel would have Mephisto become anything he wants to be, he doesn't have a true form so he could be anything in that issue, such as the pigeon weve seen in the first issue of OMIT. Im noticing the color Red sticking out in the series.
    Avatar image for rocket_avenger_dark_avenger
    Rocket Avenger/Dark Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Cool review
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By spidey 15

Interesting. 
    =]

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By sora_thekey

Yeah huh?
    Mephisto is not invloved because MJ told him not to!
    I haven't read this... will today though!

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Retro_Metro

No Caption Provided
      Picture Example of Spiderman's OMIT/BND
    The reason I think Mephisto wasn't involved was because this story(taking place now) is a retelling of what already happened in the past. In the BND we see Peter letting the big red devil change everything in that arc.

Example:2010(Today) Issue 640#
      Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 1) Annual #21 (1987)
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Retro_Metro: Ah that image reminds me of a big debate I had with a projectionist at the movie theater I worked in when BTTF II came out.
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By leokearon

Maybe the reason Mephisto is not involed in this is becuase he never was, Aunt May lives in this 'reality', thanks to Peter, and they never got married so Mephisto wasn't needed
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Hunter114
    @Retro_Metro:
    I'm sure that diagram is wrong...
    Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Trodorne

Really? everyone is going to ignore the tell tale signs of mephisto's involvement in the past? the devil himself was clearly behind the whole thing. for what to ruin his relationship with Mary Jane?

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Retro_Metro

Y@Hunter114 said:

" @Retro_Metro: I'm sure that diagram is wrong... "
    I know but that's just an example on how I see it YHunter1114.
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By N7_Normandy

Great issue

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hunter114
    @Retro_Metro:
    I mean in context to Back to the Future: Part 2... I'm sure it's wrong because the alternate timeline began in 1955, not 1985. 

The problem is that it only shows the travel that Marty and/or the Doc made, not future Biff, which is silly as future Biff created the alternate timeline in the first place.
    Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

It will end with Peter and MJ hooking up in a drunken lust, from all that wine they are drinking...and they get married anyways....

Onyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Onyx

*sigh* 
    I have not read a Spider-man issue since Bags left  'Amazing'. The quality was jus suffering I thought back then. I felt that to many tweaks were made to the core of the character that he was not the character I liked anymore. 

So over the years I would keep a eye on the next major storyline tht will change Spider-man forever... 
    and each time it makes more of a mess then the last change 

Just give me a comic where this is less of seeing how screwed up they can make Peter's life and more Spider action. I want to see a book where Parker has to deal with a issue while saving the day, but can we stop shooting Aunt May, or MJ?! 
    Can we stop kidnapping his newborn baby? 
    Can we stop having him make deals with the devil? 
    Can we stop Peter from dying to be reborn again?  
    I don't want One More anything..!!

Can we please get back to what made Spider-Man so cool in the first place. 
    Great Power comes Great Responsibilty! 

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lustwish
    @Retro_Metro:  nice pick up my friend !
    Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lustwish

Can't wait to read it.

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Retro_Metro
    @Onyx said:
    "   *sigh* I have not read a Spider-man issue since Bags left  'Amazing'. The quality was jus suffering I thought back then. I felt that to many tweaks were made to the core of the character that he was not the character I liked anymore.  So over the years I would keep a eye on the next major storyline that will change Spider-man forever... and each time it makes more of a mess then the last change  Just give me a comic where this is less of seeing how screwed up they can make Peter's life and more Spider action. I want to see a book where Parker has to deal with a issue while saving the day, but can we stop shooting Aunt May, or MJ?! Can we stop kidnapping his newborn baby? Can we stop having him make deals with the devil? Can we stop Peter from dying to be reborn again?  I don't want One More anything..!! Can we please get back to what made Spider-Man so cool in the first place. Great Power comes Great Responsibility!  "
    I feel your pain =(
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19  Edited By The_Martian

I'm getting the loading screen the forum again.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @Retro_Metro said:
    " @Onyx said:
    "   *sigh* I have not read a Spider-man issue since Bags left  'Amazing'. The quality was jus suffering I thought back then. I felt that to many tweaks were made to the core of the character that he was not the character I liked anymore.  So over the years I would keep a eye on the next major storyline that will change Spider-man forever... and each time it makes more of a mess then the last change  Just give me a comic where this is less of seeing how screwed up they can make Peter's life and more Spider action. I want to see a book where Parker has to deal with a issue while saving the day, but can we stop shooting Aunt May, or MJ?! Can we stop kidnapping his newborn baby? Can we stop having him make deals with the devil? Can we stop Peter from dying to be reborn again?  I don't want One More anything..!! Can we please get back to what made Spider-Man so cool in the first place. Great Power comes Great Responsibility!  "
    I feel your pain =( "
    Tell me about it. Just read the issue, and it was OK, but I can't help but feel we are wasting pages here trying to sell J.Q's vision of Spider-Man. You don't like MJ? Fine we get it, you already split them up, don't waste my time trying to sell me on the idea AGAIN, and just let me have some straight up awesome Spidey stories. It's like by trying to fill in every possible hole in his retcon, he thinks the people who still don't like it are gonna turn around and embrace it, but if feels more like spinning wheels.
    Clifftothemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Clifftothemax
    @Onyx said:
    "   *sigh* I have not read a Spider-man issue since Bags left  'Amazing'. The quality was jus suffering I thought back then. I felt that to many tweaks were made to the core of the character that he was not the character I liked anymore.  So over the years I would keep a eye on the next major storyline tht will change Spider-man forever... and each time it makes more of a mess then the last change  Just give me a comic where this is less of seeing how screwed up they can make Peter's life and more Spider action. I want to see a book where Parker has to deal with a issue while saving the day, but can we stop shooting Aunt May, or MJ?! Can we stop kidnapping his newborn baby? Can we stop having him make deals with the devil? Can we stop Peter from dying to be reborn again?  I don't want One More anything..!! Can we please get back to what made Spider-Man so cool in the first place. Great Power comes Great Responsibilty!  "  
    I salute you sir!
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

sooooooooooooooo what comes after this? a new story line? cause i wanna start reading spider man but i dont know where to jump on at!!!!

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By Amegashita

Good thing I don't read Spider-Man or I might care.  =P

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silver2467
    @Onyx said:
    "   *sigh* I have not read a Spider-man issue since Bags left  'Amazing'. The quality was jus suffering I thought back then. I felt that to many tweaks were made to the core of the character that he was not the character I liked anymore.  So over the years I would keep a eye on the next major storyline tht will change Spider-man forever... and each time it makes more of a mess then the last change  Just give me a comic where this is less of seeing how screwed up they can make Peter's life and more Spider action. I want to see a book where Parker has to deal with a issue while saving the day, but can we stop shooting Aunt May, or MJ?! Can we stop kidnapping his newborn baby? Can we stop having him make deals with the devil? Can we stop Peter from dying to be reborn again?  I don't want One More anything..!! Can we please get back to what made Spider-Man so cool in the first place. Great Power comes Great Responsibilty!  "
    Thank you. 
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By The Devil Tiger
    @Onyx said:
    "  *sigh* I have not read a Spider-man issue since Bags left  'Amazing'. The quality was jus suffering I thought back then. I felt that to many tweaks were made to the core of the character that he was not the character I liked anymore.  So over the years I would keep a eye on the next major storyline tht will change Spider-man forever... and each time it makes more of a mess then the last change  Just give me a comic where this is less of seeing how screwed up they can make Peter's life and more Spider action. I want to see a book where Parker has to deal with a issue while saving the day, but can we stop shooting Aunt May, or MJ?! Can we stop kidnapping his newborn baby? Can we stop having him make deals with the devil? Can we stop Peter from dying to be reborn again?  I don't want One More anything..!! Can we please get back to what made Spider-Man so cool in the first place. Great Power comes Great Responsibilty!  "

@Onyx:
    I'm so with you on this, now !
    Bald Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bald Eagle

Who put Joe Quesada in charge?  He should stick to drawing and not the mediocre stuff in Amazing Spiderman.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By InnerVenom123

Am I wrong to have liked this story????

ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ForbushBug

And now we know what G-Man's O-face looks like...

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spidey 15
    @Onyx said:
    This. I missed classic spidey. 
    =D
    Avatar image for bombay_gangster
    Bombay Gangster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bombay Gangster

J.Q. definetly had good intentions with this fiasco......he was trying to reboot spiderman by first making him single  
    I know that many of us love spiderman the way he is but he needs to be single again for the sake of the comic so that he wouldnt die out  
    if I remember correctly over the past 70 years the MJ card has been played too many fkin times...jesus they even strted a series on what if spideys kid survived(Spider Girl) 
    JQ probably may hate wht hes doing no more than any of us but if new readers of spiderman already view him as a middle aged guy whos married....need I say anymore? But then again chances are they could have done this without making peter a douche but wht has happened happened. 
    Now they re just tryin to get over it

Avatar image for graphiccasualfreak
    GraphicCasualFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

OK,  so I can go back to reading Amazing Spider-man come issue 642 then...  Everything will be back to normal and we can get out of alternate reality flashback world. YAY! 

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spidey 15
    @Bombay Gangster said:
    " J.Q. definetly had good intentions with this fiasco......he was trying to reboot spiderman by first making him single  I know that many of us love spiderman the way he is but he needs to be single again for the sake of the comic so that he wouldnt die out  if I remember correctly over the past 70 years the MJ card has been played too many fkin times...jesus they even strted a series on what if spideys kid survived(Spider Girl) JQ probably may hate wht hes doing no more than any of us but if new readers of spiderman already view him as a middle aged guy whos married....need I say anymore? But then again chances are they could have done this without making peter a douche but wht has happened happened. Now they re just tryin to get over it "
    Good point. 
    =]
    KassiusClay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KassiusClay

What happen to his "other" powers? I love that. It make him more like a real spider.

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By waruikumo

Deals with the devil rarely go as planned 

Aspenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Aspenite

Sounds crazy, I´ll like it!

ValiantBLACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ValiantBLACK

J Michael Straczynski's run on "Amazing" was one of the best runs I've ever seen in comic books, period. One More Day was borderline *insulting*. Straczynski himself was really PO'd at the direction they made him run in. I thought the idea was ridiculous. That said, I'm glad that at long, long last, the gaps are being filled in. I was never exactly clear on how they fit this all into the continuity after Mephisto did... whatever the heck he did. So I'm eager to see the conclusion of "O.M.I.T." Can't wait for issue 641! :D

victimblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By victimblue

Love this review. Thanks G-man. I love the way the background music switched to a more suspenseful tune when you was getting into the comic panels to show the action.
     Hense, Love the background music. Thx

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By B'Town

I don't hate Spider-Man the way I hate *S.M., but I never subscribe.   

Several times a year I will hear/read a Spider-Man review that peaks my interest and I will pick up three or four issues to see if I can get on board.  Each time I do this I discover Spider-Man isn't fun for me. 

I have always liked Spider-Man and I really want to be a fan.   Dunno if I am quite ready to pick up another copy.  I think I will hold off a little bit longer, Maybe when Babs and G-Man both give spidey a 5/5 I will pick up a few more issues, cross my fingers and hope for fun. 

*Hey ya'll know who, Mr. Perfect is.  I am once again refraining from publicly insulting Mr. Never a hair out of place in his pretty sky-blue tights.     

RedHurricane24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#39  Edited By RedHurricane24
    @B'Town said:
    " I don't hate Spider-Man the way I hate *S.M., but I never subscribe.    Several times a year I will hear/read a Spider-Man review that peaks my interest and I will pick up three or four issues to see if I can get on board.  Each time I do this I discover Spider-Man isn't fun for me.  I have always liked Spider-Man and I really want to be a fan.   Dunno if I am quite ready to pick up another copy.  I think I will hold off a little bit longer, Maybe when Babs and G-Man both give spidey a 5/5 I will pick up a few more issues, cross my fingers and hope for fun.   *Hey ya'll know who, Mr. Perfect is.  I am once again refraining from publicly insulting Mr. Never a hair out of place in his pretty sky-blue tights.      "
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. I tried so hard to like this run, even re-read the issues, but damn, it's just not appealing to me to like what's essentially a deus ex machina scenario.
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I Iike omit but at the same time so not. I like we are seeing what happened and we are seeing Mary Jane and Peter together. But I feel this story arc is a waste of time because they are not changing anything 

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By Theodore

horrible issue, still hate OMIT

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By Trodorne
    @Bald Eagle said:
    " Who put Joe Quesada in charge?  He should stick to drawing and not the mediocre stuff in Amazing Spiderman. "
    Thank you. i applaud that statement. i have no idea why he was put in charge. he has done nothing good for spider-man series except for drawing mary jane. I liked spider-man comics back to the way they used to be pre-1985. joe's half ass'd attempt to try to return peter to that has failed. like if you wanted him to be single then have him get a divorce or say that Mary jane was a skrull since the 80's and was held on the skrull world in in suspended animation.. i don't care. like it worked for Hawkeye and Mockingbird. why can it not work for spider-man. Joe Q has been written up on my list of worst story writers for comics.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheHT

Nice review, fumbling around spoilers aside haha. I'll have to check this out too. Last Spidey issue I read was then one where Kraven's resurrected at the end.

And that music is pretty jammin'.

Mr_Wayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#44  Edited By Mr_Wayne69

OMD= never should have happened. Therefore not interested in Spider-Man. Nice review though. LOVE this site.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Powerzone789

that is a bada$$ shirt g-man hahaha and awesome reiview! as usual

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.