Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Ultimatum

sohanlon07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sohanlon07

So I finally got nearly up to date on Ultimate Spiderman and Ultimate X-Men after about a year of reading them from the beginning. What a fantastic crossover event Ultimatum is. The drama, the characterizations and the writing across all the series was brilliant. I enjoyed every issue of it.

There are a lot of main character deaths here, maybe some of them get reversed in Ultimate Comics: X-men or Ultimate Comics: Spiderman. I was sad that Xavier was killed and more annoyed about Wolverine and Hank. But it was so well written.

So are there any other great Marvel Crossovers that should definitely be read? Kudos to everyone involved in this.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By mewmdude77

@sohanlon07: Spider-Men is really good.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

wait....you enjoyed Ultimatum? weird

IMO Ultimatum was the only negative thing about the Ultimate Universe....I understand why they did it but I wish that it would have been done by someone like Bendis or Miller who actually knew what was going on in the Ultimate U. instead of by Loeb who it seems like had never read an Ultimate issue before

sohanlon07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sohanlon07

Yeah funny you should say that as I read some reviews today and they weren't exactly flattering buta for some reason I really enjoyed the whole crossover. I mean the whole thing rather than just ultimatum 1-5 I'm not sure if the reviews were referring to the overall arc or just those five issues. But yeah I really enjoyed it.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@sohanlon07 said:

The drama, the characterizations and the writing across all the series was brilliant. I enjoyed every issue of it.

Are you serious?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By PunyParker

I only experienced Ultimatum,through Ultimate Spider-Man.....i wasnt bothered even touching Loeb's comics....

sohanlon07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sohanlon07

@Illuminatus said:

@sohanlon07 said:

The drama, the characterizations and the writing across all the series was brilliant. I enjoyed every issue of it.

Are you serious?

Yeah, really. I know a lot of people didn't like it now but I loved it. Each to their own I suppose.

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By InfamousFish

Spider-Men is great just as @mewmdude77 said.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By PunyParker

Spider-Men FTW!!

Awesome story-telling by a GREAT writer Brian Michael Bendis!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.