Ultimatum

#1 Edited by sohanlon07 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

So I finally got nearly up to date on Ultimate Spiderman and Ultimate X-Men after about a year of reading them from the beginning. What a fantastic crossover event Ultimatum is. The drama, the characterizations and the writing across all the series was brilliant. I enjoyed every issue of it.

There are a lot of main character deaths here, maybe some of them get reversed in Ultimate Comics: X-men or Ultimate Comics: Spiderman. I was sad that Xavier was killed and more annoyed about Wolverine and Hank. But it was so well written.

So are there any other great Marvel Crossovers that should definitely be read? Kudos to everyone involved in this.

#2 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@sohanlon07: Spider-Men is really good.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22490 posts) - - Show Bio

wait....you enjoyed Ultimatum? weird

IMO Ultimatum was the only negative thing about the Ultimate Universe....I understand why they did it but I wish that it would have been done by someone like Bendis or Miller who actually knew what was going on in the Ultimate U. instead of by Loeb who it seems like had never read an Ultimate issue before

#4 Posted by sohanlon07 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah funny you should say that as I read some reviews today and they weren't exactly flattering buta for some reason I really enjoyed the whole crossover. I mean the whole thing rather than just ultimatum 1-5 I'm not sure if the reviews were referring to the overall arc or just those five issues. But yeah I really enjoyed it.

#5 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

@sohanlon07 said:

The drama, the characterizations and the writing across all the series was brilliant. I enjoyed every issue of it.

Are you serious?

#6 Posted by PunyParker (9628 posts) - - Show Bio

I only experienced Ultimatum,through Ultimate Spider-Man.....i wasnt bothered even touching Loeb's comics....

#7 Posted by sohanlon07 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@sohanlon07 said:

The drama, the characterizations and the writing across all the series was brilliant. I enjoyed every issue of it.

Are you serious?

Yeah, really. I know a lot of people didn't like it now but I loved it. Each to their own I suppose.

#8 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Men is great just as @mewmdude77 said.

#9 Posted by PunyParker (9628 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Men FTW!!

Awesome story-telling by a GREAT writer Brian Michael Bendis!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.