Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Ultimate SPider- Man... wondering.

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By carnivalofsins00

do you think i could start reading Ultimate Spider- Man, starting at #9 without having to read any other past Ultimate comics and only follow this Ultimate Spider- Man from issue #9 and on? 

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I've read most of the early Ultimate spiderman. But I can't remember which story arcs starts at which issue. What happens in issue 9?

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

#3  Edited By carnivalofsins00
    @Crom-Cruach: issue 9 starts the Tainted Love arc.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    I think it would be preferable to read it from the very beginning, if you can.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I'd start at the beginning too. you can grab the TPB for pretty cheap.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I'd recommend starting at the beginning with trades as they are worth the read. But I think with the transition between the ultimate line you should be fine.

Spidertheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spidertheking
     I would not recommend that at all. You might get little bits, and pieces of the story, but it would be like coming in in the middle of CSI you know someone was murdered, but not too much more. You know what I mean? *Face palm* I don't think I should have used that as an example. All in all get the TPB you understand the story in full, and enjoy it way more.
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By iloverobots

If you know anything about spider-man already you can skip the first 8 issues. The first arc is pretty much Peter getting his powers and dealing with it if I remember correctly. Sure, it'd be nice if you had access to the whole thing but 8 issues won't change much, Ultimate Spider-Man ran for a loooong time.  

Also; I pretty much only read Spider-Man from the Ultimate Universe and it was fine.

kungpaokiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kungpaokiller

I think OP is talking about Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #9, as in the issue that just came out last month.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By zombietag

its true, he is talking about ultimate comics. ummm...  i think if you keep buying it you could get drawn in and know enough, especially if you keep checking comicvine haha 

but ultimate spiderman is really awesome, and id definitely recommend reading it

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11  Edited By sora_thekey

I am in love with the Ultimate Spider-Man Title... so I suggest starting from the beginning  and not the one from last year... I mean the one that started in 2001!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.