Ultimate Spider-man (Peter Parker): What's worth reading?

#1 Posted by ChernobylCow (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Insert recommendation thread here:

I've picked up the new series featuring Miles and I am really digging it. I even had a teary-eyed moment with the death of Spider-man in the new series. But what I want to know is what trades should I read of Peter Parker as Ultimate Spider-man? I really want to read about Fallout and the death of spider-man. But are there any certain trades or a point that I should read on to the present? I have read 1 & 2 a long time ago but if it's not necessary from me to pick up from #1 that would be awesome.

How are the symbiote storylines? Any good team ups? I never was much of a fan of the goblins.

Anyways, those of you with more knowledge and experience, share your opinion.

#2 Posted by El_Tigre (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I would recommend reading everything in order. If you really dont want to, some of the stories that i enjoyed are 'Ultimate Six'. Also 'Ultimate Knights' was pretty good. It has Spidey teaming up with Moon Knight, Daredevil, Doctor Strange and Iron Fist as they all try to take down the Kingpin.

#3 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

Want to check that as well. Have heard very good things about it.

#4 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I suggest that you don't read the arc where the aftermath of the chamelion twins impersonating him. It was terrible all around. the art work was lazy the writing was a bad fan fiction. I thought Gwen Stacy would have shined more as she had the symbiote. \Tthere was allot of stuff was laughable but Spiderman dating shadow cat was fun.

#5 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9064 posts) - - Show Bio

I would start with issue one of the series.It is a great read especially when you read it issue by issue. They have trades for the series. This is the first volume for the trade it has the first 7 issues:

http://www.comicvine.com/ultimate-spider-man-power-and-responsibility/49-35781/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.