Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Ultimate Spider-man (Peter Parker): What's worth reading?

ChernobylCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ChernobylCow

Insert recommendation thread here:

I've picked up the new series featuring Miles and I am really digging it. I even had a teary-eyed moment with the death of Spider-man in the new series. But what I want to know is what trades should I read of Peter Parker as Ultimate Spider-man? I really want to read about Fallout and the death of spider-man. But are there any certain trades or a point that I should read on to the present? I have read 1 & 2 a long time ago but if it's not necessary from me to pick up from #1 that would be awesome.

How are the symbiote storylines? Any good team ups? I never was much of a fan of the goblins.

Anyways, those of you with more knowledge and experience, share your opinion.

El_Tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By El_Tigre

I would recommend reading everything in order. If you really dont want to, some of the stories that i enjoyed are 'Ultimate Six'. Also 'Ultimate Knights' was pretty good. It has Spidey teaming up with Moon Knight, Daredevil, Doctor Strange and Iron Fist as they all try to take down the Kingpin.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian

Want to check that as well. Have heard very good things about it.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Hazlenaut

I suggest that you don't read the arc where the aftermath of the chamelion twins impersonating him. It was terrible all around. the art work was lazy the writing was a bad fan fiction. I thought Gwen Stacy would have shined more as she had the symbiote. \Tthere was allot of stuff was laughable but Spiderman dating shadow cat was fun.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would start with issue one of the series.It is a great read especially when you read it issue by issue. They have trades for the series. This is the first volume for the trade it has the first 7 issues:

http://www.comicvine.com/ultimate-spider-man-power-and-responsibility/49-35781/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.