Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Ultimate Spider-man. My thoughts. Has spoilers.

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

Hello guys. Haven't been on here in ages since I haven't been reading comics.

However, I've just recently plowed through 133 issues of Ultimate Spiderman and thoroughly enjoyed it. It did leave me with many thoughts (especially the ending).

1: So Peter Parker dies a 16 year old virgin in a most brutal abrupt way. I've looked it up and I can see it continues with Miles Morales. Are there supposed to be 17 extra issues inbetween this Miles saga and Peters death? Are they worth searching around for?

2: What did any of you think of the way the rogues gallery in this rehash? I was mostly disappointed in the way the villains were portrayed. Kraven was just a fool who barely got in a fight. Mysterio barely made an appearance. Chameleon did not make an appearance. The Scorpion guy ended up being a Peter clone. I saw no finality over what happens to Doc Ock and Kingpin. Most of the Rogues Gallery usually got beaten up by other Marvel heroes. It really downplayed Spiderman to be one of the weakest heroes. I guess he is only 15 though.

3: Any conclusion with Shadowcat? Did Daredevil die? Amazing.

4: I was mostly disappointed with Carnage. I really really liked his first iteration where he tears shit up with his entourage of Shriek, Doppelganger, Carrion and Demogoblin. There was also no real finality in the Spiderman series of what happened to the Venom and Carnage symbiote.

Hope some of you fellow comic nerds out there share some of my opinions. What do you recommend to me regarding the many many works of spiderman out there. I don't like the sound of Doc Ock becoming Spiderman. I'm not ready for that yet.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

1) Once Peter dies in USM, there is Ultimate Comics: Fall Out mini-series which is followed by a relaunched Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man staring Miles.

2) I thought 99% of USM featuring Peter was absolutely perfect.

3) Shadowcat is still around the UU, DareDevil died during Ultimatum.

4) I don't think there's a question there

I recommend reading all issues following your stopping point. Even Miles story is amazing.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

read ultimate spidey and give superior a shot it is a good book and you never know, you may end up liking it :)

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the replies. Those four points were mainly just some thoughts of mine that I wanted to share and see what others thought. They weren't meant to be direct questions but I liked your responses.

Still shocked to know Daredevil was killed off during Ultimatum. I suppose he didn't seem relevant to the rest of the Ultimate Universe. I've personally never been a fan of his. Does he even know how much of a tit he looks? Y'know being blind and all.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_jack: Many Spoilers.

Chameleon made an appearance. It wasn't very good. So did Mysterio who killed the Kingpin. Doc Ock and Kingpin both die so they get finality.

Daredevil indeed died.

Carnage ended when it was absorbed by the Venom symbiote. The Venom symbiote was a big part of Ultimates 3.

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thought came to mind whilst reading through the comics.

Did anyone else feel the Ultimate Spider Man comics were targetting some sort of Emo audience? It was quite annoying throughout the issues how you had pages of Peter pulling sad faces while tormenting himself with silly inner monologue about how his life is so unfair. He still had his one liner witticism about him during intense fight scenes which I thought was great but there were too many instances where he'd be arguing with Mary Jane and it'd result with HIM running off crying.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_jack said:

Another thought came to mind whilst reading through the comics.

Did anyone else feel the Ultimate Spider Man comics were targetting some sort of Emo audience? It was quite annoying throughout the issues how you had pages of Peter pulling sad faces while tormenting himself with silly inner monologue about how his life is so unfair. He still had his one liner witticism about him during intense fight scenes which I thought was great but there were too many instances where he'd be arguing with Mary Jane and it'd result with HIM running off crying.

well bendis was really trying to capture the sadness of peter parker. a young kid with super powers and no one to guide him. hes had everything he loved either hurt, killed or destroyed so hes not going to be happy all the time.

Honestly usm is in my top 3 fav comic runs

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@red_jack said:

Hello guys. Haven't been on here in ages since I haven't been reading comics.

However, I've just recently plowed through 133 issues of Ultimate Spiderman and thoroughly enjoyed it. It did leave me with many thoughts (especially the ending).

1: So Peter Parker dies a 16 year old virgin in a most brutal abrupt way. I've looked it up and I can see it continues with Miles Morales. Are there supposed to be 17 extra issues inbetween this Miles saga and Peters death? Are they worth searching around for?

2: What did any of you think of the way the rogues gallery in this rehash? I was mostly disappointed in the way the villains were portrayed. Kraven was just a fool who barely got in a fight. Mysterio barely made an appearance. Chameleon did not make an appearance. The Scorpion guy ended up being a Peter clone. I saw no finality over what happens to Doc Ock and Kingpin. Most of the Rogues Gallery usually got beaten up by other Marvel heroes. It really downplayed Spiderman to be one of the weakest heroes. I guess he is only 15 though.

3: Any conclusion with Shadowcat? Did Daredevil die? Amazing.

4: I was mostly disappointed with Carnage. I really really liked his first iteration where he tears shit up with his entourage of Shriek, Doppelganger, Carrion and Demogoblin. There was also no real finality in the Spiderman series of what happened to the Venom and Carnage symbiote.

Hope some of you fellow comic nerds out there share some of my opinions. What do you recommend to me regarding the many many works of spiderman out there. I don't like the sound of Doc Ock becoming Spiderman. I'm not ready for that yet.

1. Read Annual #3......Spolers,he banged Mary Jane.So,no,he didn't die a virgin.As for brutal,no too.....he beat up Norman Osborn to death.Norman Osborn died brutally.He got shot,while saving Captn.America.I dont think this is the definiton of "brutal"......so,wrong on both points. :P

@mitran said:

1) There are 160 issues of USM before Miles is brought in.

That too.

2. The way Kraven was portrayed was very clever.Mysterio is the 616 one.He can travel dimensions.Chameleon took Peter's ID.He pulled an Octavious.The ultimate Scorpion is appearing in the Miles saga.This was just a Peter clone.Peter did most of the beating.No.No it didn't.Spider-Man was portrayed as a very brave,strong and courageous kid.He beat up Norman Osborn with a pick-up truck.

3. Matt did die,in Ultimatum.Amazing indeed.

4. Carnage was okay.Not dissapointed,but not entirely pleased too.About what happened to the symbioted,we totally agree.

I'm not defending the book,but i bring up alternate points.I respect your opinion bro. ;)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: Um, he did die a virgin. In annual 3, MJ asked him if they could "go all the way". But they never did, that was the whole point of them in her bedroom at the end of the issue.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Um, he did die a virgin. In annual 3, MJ asked him if they could "go all the way". But they never did, that was the whole point of them in her bedroom at the end of the issue.

Bendis said on Tumblr tha they did "go to town".....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Really? But the whole ending of the issue was them saying they aren't ready. What the hell Bendis!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Really? But the whole ending of the issue was them saying they aren't ready. What the hell Bendis!

I know right?!.....when i read it,i always thought they ended up NOT doing it......i'm confused now...again.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Same, I actually had to re-read it when you said they banged. Eh, at least it was annual, and it wasn't a plot point that was important. But still.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Same, I actually had to re-read it when you said they banged. Eh, at least it was annual, and it wasn't a plot point that was important. But still.

Let;s stay positive.He didn't go a virgin!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Eh true, and it was with a red head so he scored big. Wonder if he was any good.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Eh true, and it was with a red head so he scored big. Wonder if he was any good.

Like Felicia said.....he's good in the sack.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By danhimself

You didn't read Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man then.. it was Ultimate Spider-Man volume two

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PunyParker

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.