Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Ultimate Spider-man movie?!? Would it work?

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Let's say, in a hypothetical world, Marvel gets the rights back to Spider-man. Would Ultimate Spider-man be the best bet for them? Although another Spider-man origin story would be superfluous, it would make for an interesting story and within two or three movies they could possibly kill off Parker and bring in Miles.

Thoughts?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FearTheLiving

Could it work? Yeah, but I'm sure if Marvel has been waiting all this time for Spider-man they'd want to use Peter Parker for a bit. Though unlike Sony I don't think Marvel would ever come out and say they're only ever going to use PP.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would rather them make an animated ultimate spider man that is 1 issue per 1 episode and it follows the comic 100%. they could do this right now because they already have the rights for tv.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

It could, but Amazing would be better imo.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@averywetfrog: i would like that too but if it was one issue per episode it would have horrible pacing

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it could work.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7: why? so many animes do it. each comic is the perfect length for one episode. they could do 24 eps a year until they catch up to where it is now and then release 12 eps a year.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a miles morales movie to bad it will never happen.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Um... The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) wasn't an Ultimate movie?

- TAS

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think they will ever make a miles movie, hes not as popular. Atleast start out as a cartoon to gain popularity. But if they just put miles in the big screen, even if they have peter die and miles comes out in end of movie or end credits noone will go see a black spiderman. Imean i would love to play the part, but it would just not sell.the ONLY way iy would sell would be AVENGER cross over. Not xmen, not the FF. Avenger cross over. Then it would wotk

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

umm isn't basically every tv or movie version of the character heavily influenced by the Ultimate Comics?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing Spider-Man is Ultimate Spider-Man.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

Not really.

That's right. I think that TAS was meant to borrow elements of USM but it hasn't really. Sony have put their own spin on it. Personally, I'm sick of the teenage Spider-Man route. I would prefer Marvel Studios to do a 616 "Amazing Spider-Man" movie with Pete as a mature 28 year old.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's right. I think that TAS was meant to borrow elements of USM but it hasn't really. Sony have put their own spin on it. Personally, I'm sick of the teenage Spider-Man route. I would prefer Marvel Studios to do a 616 "Amazing Spider-Man" movie with Pete as a mature 28 year old.

I could see the point in doing something new with the franchise but Spider-Man being a teenager was always one of the more interesting cruxes of his character.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye said:

I could see the point in doing something new with the franchise but Spider-Man being a teenager was always one of the more interesting cruxes of his character.

Interesting yes. Whether he should be perpetually represented as such is a matter of taste and opinion I guess.

As we all know, in the original 616 universe Peter Parker started out as a teenage nerd from Queens raised by his aunt & uncle. In just a few short years, by the time John Romita Snr. came on board, Peter had graduated High School and entered college. The next 30 years or so were about a progressive mature 28 year old Spider-Man.

Sure those early High School stories were popular and commercially successful, but I prefer to read about a grown up Spider-Man. The "Ultimate Spider-Man" books rekindled those teenage years in a fresh alternate way and that's great. They've also introduced a great character in Miles Morales.

As a result of those early High School stories, I firmly believe that the original character development that ensued in "Amazing Spider-Man" and the progression of that character for 30 years should not be dismissed.

By all means, if Marvel really want another teenage Spider-Man book, they should just publish a new title and leave "Amazing Spider-Man" as it had originally evolved.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No no no NO MORE YOUNG SPIDER-MAN STORIES! Ult. Spider-Man is great from the 60 or so issues I've read, but ASM already tried to use that story as inspiration and failed.

If they get the rights they should use some of Straczynski's run as inspiration. Have Pete be a teacher instead of a High School student and have him struggle with managing his love life, career, and alter ego. Enough of this "lel you've seen this story a thousand times, but were going to retell it anyway because f**k taking any risks."

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No no no NO MORE YOUNG SPIDER-MAN STORIES! Ult. Spider-Man is great from the 60 or so issues I've read, but ASM already tried to use that story as inspiration and failed.

If they get the rights they should use some of Straczynski's run as inspiration. Have Pete be a teacher instead of a High School student and have him struggle with managing his love life, career, and alter ego. Enough of this "lel you've seen this story a thousand times, but were going to retell it anyway because f**k taking any risks."

I agree. Other than the editorial mandate forced upon J M Straczynski, his run is absolutely brilliant.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.