Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Ultimate Spider-Man Cartoon Discussion

Jay-10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@baron_bj: i agree with you, Spider-man is a solo hero, he doesn't need this team at all, they also are barely around when spidey needs them, like when the helicarrer was attacked, they were at the amusement park, there are weak moments where spidey needs his team for a villain he literally can beat on his own, like Trapster, who spidey beat three times on his own. The fourth wall breaking was dumb, Harry being Venom isn't that great either and Spider-verse was lame

Gearroad4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueoracle: Agreed. The cartoon sound effects ruined the show for me. And what makes it worse is that they're used all the frigging time. The only thing I liked about the show was White Tiger. Caitlyn Taylor Love was really awesome in the role.

gou10t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By gou10t

This show is still awful. The worst animated show ever produced by Marvel. The fact that such a piece of garbage show exists is a sight to be awed at.

I hate this show, I really do.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ultimate Spider-man is OK. It is not the best cartoon ever, but it definitely is not the worst

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: oh, but it really treis to be that... the worst cartoon, I mean in the last two seasons it got incredibly better, but by every right, there is like two worngs, lthe leatest being caranage queen, I mean who the hell thinks mJ with the red symbiote is a good idea? who was the genius who made such idiotic decision? and the constant and stupid monkey shriek sound that comes with the spider sense it kills me when I hear it! is that a spider-monkey sense? and harry as venom and anti-venom? that was the worst and not dramatic, they wanted something like the ultimate (and spectacular) eddie and peter relationship and made a poor copy of it

Alex_1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it ending soon?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it ending soon?

Yes, It's been cancelled, a new Spider-Man series will debut in 2017.

Alex_1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By ZariusII
    Alex_1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: He consults, but there's probably others that will consult as well. Also the last time they had someone 'Consulting' for Disney's Marvel branch, was for the films. He was a very big honcho of Marvel but cause so much chaos that the MCU team told their problems to Disney, which in turn, BOOTED HIS ASS! He was told he would not be working with the Cinematic Team any longer. So pretty much, Disney has free reign on MCU ever since Civil War.

Slott steps outta line and he'll get a swift kick. I think Disney is getting tired of Marvel's banter and problems, and lets face it, Slott is not good on social media. One more outburst from him and he'll be swept under the rug quickly.

Alex_1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: Kinda off topic but what's the best Spiderman cartoon so far? And could you give me reasons why? Just curious lol

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alex_1333: Hrrrm.....

In my opinion.....probably Spectacular Spider-Man

I myself barley saw 3 episodes (I was on no spidey thing since OMD during it's release) but it's wonderful. Everything about it is Spider-Man but different. Same characters, same traits and personalities, same powers, but different stories, different situation and different art style.

That art....its so different but feels so right! Most people doing spider-man or any marvel cartoon attempt to keep the art close to their comic counterparts but Spectacular went above and beyond in that regard. They gave characters a more cartoony style that could also work in serious situations. The style is so different than what we normally see, it probably also helped it stand out from other cartoons being showed at the time and got more viewers because of it.

Also that character design. Everyone was designed differently than their original comic form but were granted things that let us know who we were looking at. Peter looked like a brand new different Peter than any we had seen before but we knew it was Peter. This whole change let us know we were experiencing a brand new Spider-Man and his world was just starting.

The voice acting was really good too! They picked out some great people for the roles. Also, didn't the voice of Peter at one time start voicing his Peter in SpiderMemes? How awesome is that!!!

And lets not forget they made a brand new theme song for the show, a great one at that. It had a great melody, good lyrics, and catchy.

I ended up seeing clips of the show and instantly knew...oh....I need to see this. I'll be picking up a blu-ray box set of it when it winds up at my bestbuy.

Though I'm a big fan of 90s Spider-Man and it had great story and art, Spectacular tops it a bit more because it went for a more unique and individual touch making it stand out above the rest.

Alex_1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: Welp, I'M GONNA GO REWATCH SPECTACULAR SPIDERMAN BECAUSE I COMPLETELY AGREE!! I honestly hope the new Spiderman show is just as good or maybe better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.